List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is his only option North Melbourne? Isn't he supposed to be good?
Wines is the only one the media is publicly talking about. Viney did say they had other experienced player they are interested in.

But every list boss talks. They would have a fairly good idea of which club is after who. No doubt other clubs would have enquired with Wine’s management as soon as he ended up in the media.

I don’t reckon trading out Wines is a smart move, unless the return is really significant.

We traded out Ryder, then lost in a prelim to Richmond when Nank got on top.

it’s not like we have other centre mids ripping it up, we are pretty shallow here.
Issue is, we have to replace Wines anyway, he is 28/29. Maybe he is durable and gets 4-6 more solid years out. Feels like he has 2-3 in him.

I'm only trading our Wines if we are using the picks as part of a package to get a young star.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

North Melbourne has already traded out the two bullshit end of first round priority picks it was gifted in this years draft.
Following the stuff ups in recent years, I cant see them splitting pick 1, so at best pick 21 would be available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Retire:
Dixon
Boak
McKenzie

Extend:
Mead
Jones
Finlayson
Walsh

Delist:
McCallum
Evans
Narkle

In the air:
Scully (If they've seen enough internally and he's just another Redden/Mitch Harvey type, otherwise extend)
K Marshall

With at least 6 delistings there, 5 main list. That's a huge impact on our depth as we go into another draft with only speculative draft picks.

We really should've been looking at some senior state league talent in the MSD if we were planning ahead. Could've grabbed Logan Evans as a rookie in the end of year draft. No one else was going to select him.

I mean given the outs and our picks, we may be a chance to extend Narkle and Evans another year.

Mead/Jones/Finlayson may think they are worth more than they are being offered?

Would have thought all of them would be pretty straight forward and done by now?

North could do worse than to sound Mead out?

You can see the glimpses of raw potential in Scully as a forward, but he was impressive rucking when Soldo and Sweet were out and Visentini went up to the league side. Covered the ground, took marks forward and back and his ruck work was alright too.

He's a genuine third tall forward/second ruck option already.

You can see the glimpses of raw potential in Scully as a forward, but he was impressive rucking when Soldo and Sweet were out and Visentini went up to the league side. Covered the ground, took marks forward and back and his ruck work was alright too.

He's a genuine third tall forward/second ruck option already.
Agree with this. He looked more aggressive in the ruck tbh, and is surprisingly good below his knees all over the ground. You don't give up on Scully after two years of playing with the poor quality of the 2023-24 SANFL sides.

Stengle is available for the right price.

Exactly the type of player we need.

But I doubt he will come back home to South Australia. He has a good support network around him in Melbourne with the wife of Eddie Betts looking after his contract.

Finlayson for me... delist or trade him.
Poor body language during games, ruck work is horrible this season and score board impact is non-existent so far this season.
If he keeps performing the way he does after the bye then its obvious what happens to him.
I have sympathy for what he is going through off field but we aren't charity and its a performance based industry.
More is expected from a senior player.

Finlayson for me... delist or trade him.
Poor body language during games, ruck work is horrible this season and score board impact is non-existent so far this season.
If he keeps performing the way he does after the bye then its obvious what happens to him.
I have sympathy for what he is going through off field but we aren't charity and its a performance based industry.
More is expected from a senior player.
To be fair only our coaches think he's a ruckman

Agree with this. He looked more aggressive in the ruck tbh, and is surprisingly good below his knees all over the ground. You don't give up on Scully after two years of playing with the poor quality of the 2023-24 SANFL sides.

He is better below his knees than most of our small forwards ;) He can actually crumb a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back