List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Any senior coach who requires a chaperone from the club in order to travel post-season is sketchy.

It does surprise me choco has hung around tbh.

If true that Dees might look at Caleb Daniels from the dogs and dogs looking at Houston, could that be a trade between all clubs?

Dogs - Houston,
Melbourne - Caleb Daniels, Dogs F1
Port - Kozzy, Dogs F2, Dees pick 38

Or something

lol Melbourne are so royally ****ed.
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Think of someone who joined the Crows kicking and screaming and hated it so much that he had to have his father fly over and sit in on meetings with him…. and then couldn’t wait to get out of there when traded to Melbourne
So Melbourne have another leaver?

History says where there smoke there’s fire, I’d be surprised if he’s staying. Honestly it’s a good time to flip, Farrell has come on, Evans developing nicely, Perryman joining, plus some floaters, off he goes.
Like Boak, Georgiades, Bergman, Wines...

So much smoke is generated from the media starting their own little spotfires.

History says Port Power are very good at retaining the players they really want and moving on those they don't. So many players have stayed despite their strong interstate family ties. Very few have gone because of them. Of the top of my head I can't think of any other than Carr who wanted to play footy with his brother. Each case really has to be judged on his merits though.

I'd agree that his is a role we have coverage for, or the potential to cover. If Dan is genuinely keen on going home he will nominate a club and we will just have to work with them. But at least we have the leverage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Boak, Georgiades, Bergman, Wines...

So much smoke is generated from the media starting their own little spotfires.

History says Port Power are very good at retaining the players they really want and moving on those they don't. So many players have stayed despite their strong interstate family ties. Very few have gone because of them. Of the top of my head I can't think of any other than Carr who wanted to play footy with his brother. Each case really has to be judged on his merits though.

I'd agree that his is a role we have coverage for, or the potential to cover. If Dan is genuinely keen on going home he will nominate a club and we will just have to work with them. But at least we have the leverage.
What happens if Dan wants to go to a side like Hawthorn or a club that’s pushing for a premiership within a year or so?
If it’s all about him moving across the border we should only be dealing with a club that can get what we want.
If a team like Norf is interested than that’s who we should be pushing for.
Hopefully he stays but if he doesn’t we need what’s best for the club.

Lever?

Also, imagine if Gawn wanted out.
Nah Gawn is on the high ground watching everybody else leave.

It is quite amazing how quickly Melbourne have gone from Premiers to shipwreck.

I hope Goody didn't have big money on their dynasty.

And they still think it's appropriate to employ this guy? Crazy.

Seems strange he would be chosen as Roos assistant and heir apparent with a sketchy background. Roos is always so big on building a strong culture.

Last edited:
What happens if Dan wants to go to a side like Hawthorn or a club that’s pushing for a premiership within a year or so?
If it’s all about him moving across the border we should only be dealing with a club that can get what we want.
If a team like Norf is interested than that’s who we should be pushing for.
Hopefully he stays but if he doesn’t we need what’s best for the club.

The players nominate the club that is best for them. That's probably a combination of the contract the club offer and whether the player feels he is a good fit there aspirations wise, club position wise, etc. Port don't get a say in that. But we do have leverage when it comes to dealing with that club due to Houston's form and the fact he is a long term contracted player.

Nightmare scenario: Kosi is happy to move here or to go to WA. Melbourne say he's contracted so they'll trade him to whichever club offers the best deal. Freo get him using the 2024 first rounder we traded them last year to end up with Soldo and Ratugolea. I jump out of a ten story window.

The players nominate the club that is best for them. That's probably a combination of the contract the club offer and whether the player feels he is a good fit there aspirations wise, club position wise, etc. Port don't get a say in that. But we do have leverage when it comes to dealing with that club due to Houston's form and the fact he is a long term contracted player.
That Scenario tells me it’s not just about going home.
Under those circumstances club needs to stand firm.

Choppy Jr would be an incredible fit for us.

He's awesome, a serious position of need and in the correct age profile and comes ready to rock and roll. He also has minutes in the guts.

Would be a crazy mall forward line in Rioli, Powell-Pepper and Pickett.

It would also do away with the McEntee, Francis Evans, Narkle problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back