List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Jackson is contracted for next year.

Marshall, McCallum and Scully are all gone imo.
Scully is highly rated internally so I expect he'll stay as guys his size need extra time to be ready for AFL. McCallum and Kyle Marshall have been unlucky with injuries but I'm not sure they have shown enough to keep a spot.

I would rather they spend a future first on Luko than us spending that. If they were willing to trade for 2nd rounder then yeah we should get him

I would rather the crows go to the draft, where their recruiter has a record of botching more picks than he lands, then they trade that pick for a proven player.

Scully is highly rated internally so I expect he'll stay as guys his size need extra time to be ready for AFL. McCallum and Kyle Marshall have been unlucky with injuries but I'm not sure they have shown enough to keep a spot.
I have no inside information but I think Scully is rated far higher this board than he is internally. If he was rated highly internally he would have been signed by now

We probably need to make at least 5 list changes this year. There's every chance we need to make more depending on trade/free agency.

We have 8 out of contract players. 3 of those players are currently in the team and 1 other was playing two weeks ago.

The reality is that we need to make list changes and I would suggest that the remaining 4 players are going to find it hard to stay on the list.

Last edited:
I have no inside information but I think Scully is rated far higher this board than he is internally. If he was rated highly internally he would have been signed by now

We probably need to make at least 5 list changes this year. There's every chance we need to make more depending on trade/free agency.

We have 8 out of contract players. 3 of those players are currently in the team and 1 other was playing two weeks ago.

The reality is that we need to make list changes and I would suggest that the remaining 4 players are going to find it hard to stay on the list.
I based my comment regarding Scully on a discussion that Timmy G had on 5aa with one of our coaches and Tredders a couple of weeks ago (possibly Jason Williams) and an earlier discussion regarding Scully and other talls with Hinkley. Tredders and Ginever are really bullish on him and I'd assume they have some inside knowledge.

McEntee can be delisted with a year to go, just payout his contract. Evans and Narkle are UFA, and if they get starting positions elsewhere we may not be able to keep them.

Scully is not contracted but I think we should keep him cause I rate him higher than Lord. We also lack KPF depth as is so delisting Scully would be crazy. Jackson is contracted so would be delisted.

Kyle Marshall, McCallum, Clurey, Williams, McEntee, Dixon, McKenzie, Soldo, Lord, Narkle, Evans are all either delisting or trading possibilities. Most will be delisted. Boak is the questionable one, if we win it all he'll retire.
if Kenā€™s still here no way!

I would rather the crows go to the draft, where their recruiter has a record of botching more picks than he lands, then they trade that pick for a proven player.
Luko is far from a 'proven player'.

My thoughts on the whole sitch:

- Would absolutely love Lukosius. Not sure about the negativity surrounding him, I feel he's been let down by Gold Coast and has shown how good he can be. His running style is laconic but I don't see him as soft at all, can really launch at aerial balls and has the best field kick in the comp. Would be an amazing link up forward for us.

- We've apparently already gone in on Joe Richards so I'll keep an open mind but doesn't seem to change our team much at all.

- Love the idea of getting Perryman. Loved him since his draft year and think he'll be great for us especially if Houston does end up leaving.

- I think Cumming is an exceptionally talented yet injury prone player. But I don't think he's the right fit for our team. He sorta reminds me of a less aerially competitive but better kick Miles Bergman.

- Garcia? Um, okay. I don't like the idea of trading so many players in. Just feels cloggy and that we don't believe in the young recent draftees.

- We have most likely at the very least barring trades out, a 2nd rounder, Benny Barrett, Louis Montgomery and Rome Burgoyne coming in. We gotta chop chop chop til we're top top top with the trades and free agency moves we're apparently already linked to.

- We can't keep ignoring the draft. No first rounders since 2021. I like next year's draft's top end better than this year's, but geez - we gotta make sure we don't screw ourselves down the line just because we have our young midfield set.

I based my comment regarding Scully on a discussion that Timmy G had on 5aa with one of our coaches and Tredders a couple of weeks ago (possibly Jason Williams) and an earlier discussion regarding Scully and other talls with Hinkley. Tredders and Ginever are really bullish on him and I'd assume they have some inside knowledge.

Scully in the preseason games with a decent midfield showed plenty. More than any player Scully has been hurt with his development in the sanfl with the sanfl squad as it is.

I think we'll have differing opinions on this one. I personally think Luko has proven nothing other than the fact that he's a good kick and he's lazy

Best case for Lukosius he becomes a Gunston-like type but in our system he just doesnā€™t fit. Unless there is a clear change in approach to how we move the ball forward (ie not bombing it to contest) I donā€™t see him providing anything more than Marshall has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luko is far from a 'proven player'.

I disagree. Heā€™s absolutely proven that he can play afl. I think the only things unproven are his best position and if he has another level to go to or not.

As I said. I would much prefer the crows recruiter Ogilvie drafts yet another McHenry / pedlar / jones / berry than trades that draft pick for luko. I would argue the two best players on their list are from trades lol.

- Would absolutely love Lukosius. Not sure about the negativity surrounding him, I feel he's been let down by Gold Coast and has shown how good he can be. His running style is laconic but I don't see him as soft at all, can really launch at aerial balls and has the best field kick in the comp. Would be an amazing link up forward for us.

- We've apparently already gone in on Joe Richards so I'll keep an open mind but doesn't seem to change our team much at all.

- Love the idea of getting Perryman. Loved him since his draft year and think he'll be great for us especially if Houston does end up leaving.

- I think Cumming is an exceptionally talented yet injury prone player. But I don't think he's the right fit for our team. He sorta reminds me of a less aerially competitive but better kick Miles Bergman.

- Garcia? Um, okay. I don't like the idea of trading so many players in. Just feels cloggy and that we don't believe in the young recent draftees.

- We have most likely at the very least barring trades out, a 2nd rounder, Benny Barrett, Louis Montgomery and Rome Burgoyne coming in. We gotta chop chop chop til we're top top top with the trades and free agency moves we're apparently already linked to.

- We can't keep ignoring the draft. No first rounders since 2021. I like next year's draft's top end better than this year's, but geez - we gotta make sure we don't screw ourselves down the line just because we have our young midfield set.

Weā€™ve seen players improve after leaving gcs, rankine being one. And gcs really has bitched lukos development not settling him down anywhere.

Itā€™s very easy to imagine a world where he leaves gcs and improves.

I think we'll have differing opinions on this one. I personally think Luko has proven nothing other than the fact that he's a good kick and he's lazy

Iā€™m not sure where the lazy talk comes from? Is he lazy or just looks lazy? People called hoff lazy too until they started releasing his running numbers for ground covered.

Best case for Lukosius he becomes a Gunston-like type but in our system he just doesnā€™t fit. Unless there is a clear change in approach to how we move the ball forward (ie not bombing it to contest) I donā€™t see him providing anything more than Marshall has.

Weā€™ve seen how poor our ability to move the ball forward dropped away when we lost Todd, I think thereā€™s a clear sign we need that type in our system really.

My concern is thereā€™s a bit of overlap between Todd and luko , but Toddā€™s in cotton wool and who knows whatā€™s going to happen there.

I imagine Luko could get done for a second rounder given his salary. I donā€™t think either SA club would have to give up much

Iā€™m less sure he gets done for a second. Maybe it might turn out to be around a 2nds value but be a bit more creative.

I donā€™t understand crows fans complaining about lukos price tho lol. If they convince him to go there, it will be because theyā€™ve offered him well more money than us. The only reasons they have for him to pick them are guaranteed games and money, so the idea heā€™s taking a pay cut to go to them is fantasy stuff.

Itā€™s also hard to believe they could argue they should pay less for him to take his salary on when theyā€™re going to have to offer him similar coin lol.

From watching him pre being drafted I definitely didn't see him as lazy. I thought aerobically he was excellent, he worked hard up and down the ground. His profile also suggests this https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/jack-lukosius/

He's definitely very similar to Todd so I'm not sure how he fits into our forward line, maybe Todd will be tried back? It does seem unusual that he hasn't already requested a trade if he's going to Adelaide. It would suggest he either wants to stay at Gold Coast or is waiting for the end of Ports season.

I've said it before but Luko is an overqualified 3rd tall.

His metrage numbers when playing down back are huge. He could play as a bit of a zone breaker.

The idea that the club has told him that they want him to play the Westhoff big utility role is very intriguing to me.

He would give us a lot of diversity with options both back and forward.

One of the things I like about him is that he likes to kick goals and he's a touch selfish about it. He's a finisher.

He also doesn't seem to like to get the hard ball.

Kane still believeā€™s Houston might be available. On SEN this morning he said Essendon should have a crack at getting Houston since he wants to play in Melbourne next year.

Kane still believeā€™s Houston might be available. On SEN this morning he said Essendon should have a crack at getting Houston since he wants to play in Melbourne next year.
This means basically the club wants to trade him for currency. It's our modus operandi with trying to shake players out.

Yeppp, getting Crazy Vossy vibes

The problem with Luko has never been do you want him. It's at what cost. Get him as a relatively inexpensive FA and I'm all for it. Get him in a trade for a 3rd rounder at a low salary and I'm all for it. Get him for a 1st rounder including a big salary hit and it's a HUGE no.

The problem with Luko has never been do you want him. It's at what cost. Get him as a relatively inexpensive FA and I'm all for it. Get him in a trade for a 3rd rounder at a low salary and I'm all for it. Get him for a 1st rounder including a big salary hit and it's a HUGE no.

what about a big salary for a future 2nd - which is exactly what he is being shopped as?

IMO he is well worth it considering the new CBA that is about to come into affect.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back