List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we dont recruit a gorilla forward. Itll just turn into kick it on his head dixon style mk2. We have been much much more dangerous with a dynamic roaming forward line with lead up talls, butcher is legitimately better than esava and is probably a better kick too and that says something. Unfortunately this administration is too proud to say they got it wrong and we’re stuckwith esava for the next few years. He will forever be an almost player and we will forever be an almost club under the current established tenure
I agree with this. More mobile forwards and a game plan that actually plays to their strength is what we need. Don’t want to go back to the bomb it long congested forward line game plan again. Rat back to defense and utilise the speedy good kicking mids we have to go back to more flooded defence slingshot that gives our forwards a chance.

AFL legend Jason Dunstall laid bare the potential future of Charlie Dixon and Travis Boak post-game, and what may need to happen for Hinkley’s side to take that last step towards an elusive grand final appearance. “I think we’re going to see the end of Dixon, maybe Boak as well, so there’s going to be a couple that go out,” Dunstall stated. “They need to change the way they attack the forward half of the ground; they’ve got to get a bit more variety. “I think they desperately need a couple of really good, quick, livewire small forwards.

AFL legend Jason Dunstall laid bare the potential future of Charlie Dixon and Travis Boak post-game, and what may need to happen for Hinkley’s side to take that last step towards an elusive grand final appearance. “I think we’re going to see the end of Dixon, maybe Boak as well, so there’s going to be a couple that go out,” Dunstall stated. “They need to change the way they attack the forward half of the ground; they’ve got to get a bit more variety. “I think they desperately need a couple of really good, quick, livewire small forwards.
Like Sam Powell-Pepper, Jason?

With Charlie cooked and the sad demise of Marshall I think we go balls to the wall hard at Lukosius to partner MG.

Looking at our depth, I think the club would prefer Houston departing in exchange for some high draft picks.

I’ve got high hopes for Dante, Xavier & Lorenz, but the current list appears to thin out very quickly after those three.

We’ve seen what the Hawks have done, so it’s not impossible to turn things around in quick succession.

A good starting point is to lock away both Richards & Perryman, they just have to be signed.

Looking at our depth, I think the club would prefer Houston departing in exchange for some high draft picks.

I’ve got high hopes for Dante, Xavier & Lorenz, but the current list appears to thin out very quickly after those three.

We’ve seen what the Hawks have done, so it’s not impossible to turn things around in quick succession.

A good starting point is to lock away both Richards & Perryman, they just have to be signed.
Yes. I don’t think we are to many players short, but some that played last night are no good enough and never will be. These players in my mind are Franky Evans,Rat and Narkle. Dixon and Boak are finished imo. Add a couple of decent recruits and Farrell, Sam PP.

How I'm starting 2025:

1. Sack Hinkley

2. Younger lineup:

FF: Rioli, Georgiades, DBJ
HF: SPP, ??????????, Rozee
C: Burgoyne, Butters, Lorenz
HB: Farrell, Aliir, L Evans
FB: Jones, BZT, Bergman
R: Sweet, Wines, JHF

INT:
  • Sinn
  • Drew
  • Need a young mid to come through
  • Need a small forward,
  • Need a 2nd ruck/fwd - Finlayson is the stop gap.

The cupboard is pretty bare though beyond those immediate selections.

Notes:
  • Burton in reserves.
  • Dixon retired off.
  • If Boak is prepared to play mostly SANFL he can stay as depth. Otherwise retire.
  • Trade out Soldo, he and Rat for a 1st was such a bad list management move.
  • Move Rat back and leave him there. If he fails, move on. He has failed forward.
  • Get whatever decent free agents we can, however we can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port: give up first round pick for depth-tier players.

Carlton: we aren't giving up pick 11 for 2xAA Dan Houston.

If only Hugh Jackson could stay fit i could see him being as good as gulden
This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen. Errol Gulden was already an All-Australian at the same age Jackson is now. Jackson isn't fit to carry Gulden's bags.

This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen. Errol Gulden was already an All-Australian at the same age Jackson is now. Jackson isn't fit to carry Gulden's bags.
calm your ****
If only and could are theoretical terms i didnt say he definitely is. A gulden type player not exactly him. Hughs been performing pretty well at sanfl level but then cops mid to long term injuries and wouldnt surprise me if he ends up delisted because of it

What the **** was this club thinking when we traded a future first for Soldo and Esava? I know it’s hindsight, but even at the time, it was dumb. We’ve already given up on Esava as a defender and Soldo is likely gone already.

that’s the last we should see of Boak, Dixon, Narkle, F Evans and whatever sanfl scrubs who won’t make it.

They were thinking of themselves, and justifying their decision to keep backing Hinkley year after year

But up forward, we are ducked. Assume Dixon and Marshall are gone we need to pray (pun intended) Lord is in the gym as I type. Georgiades is a talented but dumb footballer and is at best Robin, not Batman.
Rioli is talented but is one dumb move off-field away from it all being over.

I can't see how the forward line evolves quickly, difficult to draft KPP that has an immediate impact, nor does there appear to be any good ones on the market.

So JHF can pinch up there, Lord could come good, Georgiades has his moments and does Rioli, Pep back in helps but it's all wing and prayer stuff.

Let alone the forwards coach....

Yes, good kfs take years, often decades to find.

It took us a span of 20 years between tredrea and Todd / Mitch. Carlton took years of top picks we don’t get to find Mackay and curnow. Over a decade between Walker and thilthorpe and that’s being kind as Walker was gifted to them and thilthorpe was a wooden spoon special.

At the going rate jhf will be 40 by the time we find another quality kf.

Port fans thinking Todd was some useless spud who we could do better than hopefully doing some self reflection.

If we are relying on Luko to turn the side around, we are in going nowhere

We desperately need to sign him so we have an avenue to goal. Right now our options In 2025 are going to be Mitch esava and lord. That’s ****ed.

Retire:
Dixon, Mackenzie, Boak

Delist:
McCallum, McEntee, F Evans,

Trade:
Mead, Soldo, Clurey(?)

Wait and see:
Burton, Narkle

No one is trading anything for clurey or mead. Pick 70 for Tom and I doubt there’s any takers for mead, if so it will be mead and pick 60 for pick 58

Elite mids don't just grow on trees, you certainly don't just jag them in one year.

They’ll get one with pick 4

They still have tonnes of work to do to that list tho

trade Willliams

No
One is trading for him

I'm going to preface this by saying that it is hard to make judgements on players when the coaching is so bad.

We have a very good list at the moment that is right in the premiership window. If we had a good coach, we could be talking a dynasty but with Ken, we may be able to jag a flag if we are lucky but as they say, luck fortunes the brave.

PORT ADELAIDE POWER 2025

This is assuming Houston has left.

Rioli, Georgiades, Byrne-Jones
Powell-Pepper, Ratugolea, KPF
Drew, Wines, Burgoyne
Farrell, Aliir, Bergman
Logan Evans, Zerk-Thatcher, Jones

Sweet, Rozee, Butters
Horne-Francis, 2ND, 3RD, 4TH

Players who could be upgraded - Ratugolea, Byrne-Jones
Players getting games but not locks - Mead, Sinn, Visentini, Lorenz
Players yet to debut but close - Jackson, Anastasopoulos

Ratugolea and Byrne-Jones could easily be upgraded.

PLAYER NEEDS

Our major needs in the 22 right now are:

Key Position Forward who can ruck - Charlie Dixon replacement
3rd Tall Forward
Dan Houston replacement - if he leaves

Lesser needs are:

goal kicking small forward
another high quality midfielder - but I always want that

Needs for the future:

Aliir Aliir replacement
Ollie Wines replacement
Willie Rioli replacement

DELISTING AND TRADING PLAYERS

The players who should be seriously looked at being delisted or traded, in order, and contracted:

Trent McKenzie - 2024
Tom Clurey - 2025
Jed McEntee - 2025
Charlie Dixon - 2024
Francis Evans - 2024
Travis Boak - 2024

Dylan Williams - 2025
Ryan Burton - 2024
Quinton Narkle - 2024

Very strong rumours of wanting to be traded:

Dan Houston - 2027
Ivan Soldo - 2025

I don't follow the SANFL but younger guys to be looked at:

Kyle Marshall - 2024
Tom McCallum - 2024

Personally, I would give young players 4 to 6 years to prove themselves especially to key position players unless they are obviously lazy or talentless.

Possible early retirement from brain injuries:

Todd Marshall - 2029

INCOMING

The draft this year is strong and said to have Top 20 players until the 40s.

TRADING IN

Harry Perryman - 2024 - Houston replacement
Joe Richards - 2024 - small forward, 22 or backup
Jack Lukosius - 2026 - overqualified 3rd tall

NGA - Benny Barrett
Father, Son - Louie Montgomery, Rome Burgoyne, Ollie Francou

Pick 36
Houston Pick 1
Houston Pick 2
Soldo Pick

With those possible picks, we should grab the best mid, the best KPF, trade for Lukosuis and then best player available.

PLAYERS IN THE DRAFT I LIKE

Midfielders - Draper, Smilie, Hotton, Lindsay
Key Position - Armstrong, Trainor, Shanahan

The List Management Team have a huge off season ahead of them and if Houston and Soldo leaves and we get good value, it could really help our team sure up good, young players to complement our already good, young list.

And please stop recruiting sub 178cm players with no defined role.

Get some tall athletic players who can work up and down the ground. I heard they exist.

We need more AFL ready players. Not a knock on Lorenz but you’ve got shit depth when you call up a 2nd gamer for a semi final.

The issue there is that he is a 2nd gamer while we sunk a years worth of games into boak / f Evans / mead and also mcintee etc

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back