List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah you're still missing the point. 'Matteas or pick 24' is as useless a phrase as 'Wanganeen-Milera or pick 24' or 'Max King or pick 24'. Just say 'pick 24'. It's not even worth putting Matteas and pick 24 in the same sentence.
Threaten to give them pick 17 for pick 32 in a pick swap.

Did Kysaiah Pickett sit at the Port table? :p

Did Kysaiah Pickett sit at the Port table? :p
Really? Didn’t see it

On the flight over to Sydney last week Sue Rozee was sitting next to one of the Directors partners. She has quite the loud mouth and was ranting on about how Narkle and his partner were stressed out because they didn't know if he would get a contract and that it wasn't fair on the families. Sue then leans two seats over to the Director and says "you're on the Board, put in a good word for Narkle to give him a new deal."

Pretty sure Narkle is a watch and hold right now though.
I have mixed feelings about Narkle. Ultimately he doesn't have a weapon but he's good enough to be in the player 24-30 category. I'm sure he goes very well in the SANFL. There are a bunch of players who should be delisted before Narkle. However its Narkle who is out of contact and his fate might be sealed by how many father/son picks we want and players we recruit in because for every player we bring in, one must be delisted and they have to be out of contract.

So here is the big question about delistings - how many father/sons or NGA player are going to get listed.

It sounds like Francou is the least likely yet to me he is the type of player that Carr might like

I don't watch under 18's

Burgoyne
Montgomery
Barrett
Francou

Yay or Nay?

I've taken a few days to think since I have a lot of time now for obvious reasons but do you guys reckon Port should simply reset and suffer a few years of pain to regenerate this average list because at this rate, we're heading towards no man's land with the amount of B and C grade players.

Our talented players are hard carrying this team and sometimes to the detriment of the list's true value in my opinion. We're not good enough to win a flag with this list but we are not bad enough to bottom out. Something has to give. If Port are heading towards this direction, Ken and a few other coaches must go.

There is no doubt that we have to start trimming off players who have no value in bringing us a flag e.g. Dixon, McEntee etc. and unfortunately we have to give up good players to acquire talent. Pains me to say that losing Houston might be more beneficial to Port in the long run even if I don't want to lose him since he is our best kick and those skillsets don't grow on trees but the harsh reality is that Port needs talent in and with him wanting to go home despite insisting he is staying, it's probably in Port's best interest to trade him.

So here is the big question about delistings - how many father/sons or NGA player are going to get listed.

It sounds like Francou is the least likely yet to me he is the type of player that Carr might like

I don't watch under 18's

Burgoyne
Montgomery
Barrett
Francou

Yay or Nay?
If it were totally up to me, I'd draft all 4. All 4 would've been drafted for sure in last year's draft imo.

My predictions are that (no Intel just based on what I've read)

Perryman goes to Pies
Cumming goes to Crows
Richards stays at Collingwood
We pay overs for Lukosius because we need to trade someone in

Outgoings (either retirement/trade/delist)
Dixon
McKenzie
Clurey
Soldo
Williams*
Houston
McEntee
FEvans*
McCallum
Kyle Marshall (dependent on how many picks we have)

*These are reliant on Perryman and Richards. If we get Perryman, Williams will be traded/delisted. If we get Richards, FEvans will be traded/delisted.

As much as people keep banging on about 2 firsts for Houston, I actually think we might be in a much better position if we got a top 10 pick plus 2 early - mid 2nd rounders. Gives us more flexibility and talent imo.

If it were totally up to me, I'd draft all 4. All 4 would've been drafted for sure in last year's draft imo.

My predictions are that (no Intel just based on what I've read)

Perryman goes to Pies
Cumming goes to Crows
Richards stays at Collingwood
We pay overs for Lukosius because we need to trade someone in

Outgoings (either retirement/trade/delist)
Dixon
McKenzie
Clurey
Soldo
Williams*
Houston
McEntee
FEvans*
McCallum
Kyle Marshall (dependent on how many picks we have)

*These are reliant on Perryman and Richards. If we get Perryman, Williams will be traded/delisted. If we get Richards, FEvans will be traded/delisted.

As much as people keep banging on about 2 firsts for Houston, I actually think we might be in a much better position if we got a top 10 pick plus 2 early - mid 2nd rounders. Gives us more flexibility and talent imo.
Williams (R) and McEntee are contracted till the end of 2025. They cant be traded cause no one wants them.

Williams (R) and McEntee are contracted till the end of 2025. They cant be traded cause no one wants them.
McEntee can be delisted as long as his contract is paid out and Williams can be too. But there's a little bit of interest in Williams. McEntee is also a rookie btw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't watch under 18's

Burgoyne
Montgomery
Barrett
Francou

Yay or Nay?

Rome, Barrett and Montgomery. Think Barrett the only one of any interest in the main draft maybe late 2nd or likely 3rd round with Rome and Montgomery nothing rookie picks.

Francou of interest but maybe takes the Evans path.

Soldo is contracted until the end of 2025 so if he cannot get a regular game next year he will walk anyway. We might as well get something while we have some bargaining power. Soldo is 28 and has played 65 games across 7 seasons so he is not exactly hot property. He is probably only a depth player where ever he goes. If we can jag a third round pick for him or use him as part of a trade we will have done well.

If we let Soldo go we will need to cover the ruck depth so we could rookie list an experienced ruckman from one of the minor leagues. I am not sure if Harry Boyd who won the 2024 Magarey Medal would fit the bill? The alternative is to look at AFL trades or the National Draft. The problem with drafting an 18 year old is the wait time while the kid develops. It has taken Visentini three years to get to the stage where he is almost ready for AFL football.

Rome, Barrett and Montgomery. Think Barrett the only one of any interest in the main draft maybe late 2nd or likely 3rd round with Rome and Montgomery nothing rookie picks.

Francou of interest but maybe takes the Evans path.
I like the idea but just think a F/S prospect would be rookied and then put on the list rather than MSD cause I don't think you can have first rights on F/S pick in MSD

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back