List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on potentially getting Parfitt as a delisted free agent? I think he would be a decent depth player but nothing beyond that. Narkle out for Parfitt, would also help us maintain our quota of Geelong rejects
We don’t want any more Geelong rejects, we already have 3 of them, don’t need a 4th.

And we wonder why we have never beat Geelong twice in a row since 15+ years and get smashed by them in a home final.

We don’t want any more Geelong rejects, we already have 3 of them, don’t need a 4th.

And we wonder why we have never beat Geelong twice in a row since 15+ years and get smashed by them in a home final.
Tbf I’m working on the assumption we’d delist Narkle, personally rate Parfitt higher but yeah very dubious about the potential of another Geelong reject

If there's plenty of interest in Lord, we should cash in. He's out of contract next year? Who's to say he won't leave then?

If a club comes with a 2nd rounder, I'd take it. I dont see what others see in him. His kicking is worse than most of our best 22 players and thats worrying giving there's not many good ones in our best 22 that can kick a set shot regularly.
not sure, lord is the only tall forward we have with potential.

Wonder if tomorrow presser Boak announces his retirement and CD leaving.
Who is the small forward from the blues being told to look around I think he kicked 30 goals this year

owies is on the outer at carlton, due to salary cap space, might be better than parfitt.
Yeah true, wonder what we would have to give up for him or if it could be swept into a potential Houston trade. I guess that was the only other real lure of Parfitt is it’s essentially a free hit with him being a DFA.

If Davies is leaving, he wouldn't announce it in his own presser, would he Chewy316 ?

No idea. If the journos are doing their job tomorrow they'll certainly be asking CD about both his and Ken's futures irrespective of the focus of the presser being about the players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port aren't paying him this much but my understanding was that the Crows offer was in the ballpark of 1.1 per season. Port had to up their offer late to get the Luko deal done.

Hang on a moment Chewy, are you saying the Crows offered. a contract to Luko worth 1.1 million per season which would have easily made him the highest paid player at West Lakes. That’s insane coin for a player of his stature.

Which leaves me to question, how much are we actually paying this guy?

Yeah true, wonder what we would have to give up for him or if it could be swept into a potential Houston trade. I guess that was the only other real lure of Parfitt is it’s essentially a free hit with him being a DFA.
carlton want houston, we need round 1 early picks. something might happen.
owies is out of contract at the end of 2024.

Not sure what Perry and and cumming have to do with Scully
List numbers. Do the math as I did earlier in this thread. We get those 2 and we will need to cut deeper to even have list spots for the draft.

I have no update on the info I had on Scully.

Last edited:
Hang on a moment Chewy, are you saying the Crows offered. a contract to Luko worth 1.1 million per season which would have easily made him the highest paid player at West Lakes. That’s insane coin for a player of his stature.

Which leaves me to question, how much are we actually paying this guy?

That's what I was told today by someone well connected in list management.

Not going to reveal Port's offer - but it's less than that.

That's what I was told today by someone well connected in list management.

Not going to reveal Port's offer - but it's less than that.
Being the highest paid sounds great, but it is also a poisoned chalice if you aren't deserving. Not signing up to that sort of pressure is probably a good idea. Honestly once you're talking multi-million dollar contracts over only a few years, the difference is probably quite immaterial.

Why would you want Burton and rat gone ? 😂
Burton has regressed for me and tbh assuming that Port gets Perryman, Cumming, Richards and Luko, I struggle to see Burton feature in the 23 and Ratugolea was simply not a good choice and the lengths Port went to acquire him for the output he has achieved. He can't play as a defender, poor kicking which has resulted in costly turnover goals and he is a hack of forward. What is his best position? I can't figure out where to play him next season nor see a spot in the starting 23.

Well if the crows offered 1.1 for Lucko we must be around the 900k mark.
What a fking joke, we spend all year complaining how soft the likes of Rozze Burton and co are and now they want to bring in another marshmallow and pay him top dollar.
All this because he went high in a draft and he’s a SA player.
When we going to get over this crap and see players for what they actually are.
He gets dropped by GC cos 3 times premiership coach thinks he’s shyt.
What do the SA clubs do?
Go there hardest to get him offering over a million a year for a Suns reject.
Unbelievable!

Well if the crows offered 1.1 for Lucko we must be around the 900k mark.
What a fking joke, we spend all year complaining how soft the likes of Rozze Burton and co are and now they want to bring in another marshmallow and pay him top dollar.
All this because he went high in a draft and he’s a SA player.
When we going to get over this crap and see players for what they actually are.
He gets dropped by GC cos 3 times premiership coach thinks he’s shyt.
What do the SA clubs do?
Go there hardest to get him offering over a million a year for a Suns reject.
Unbelievable!

Don’t hold back, tell us what you really think.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lord is an interesting one. Has some mongrel, had an amazing finals campaign but terrible 2024. His kicking has never been good and not super quick or fit. Can’t chop out in the ruck. All that being said, he could turn it on in 2025 with some consistent games and a good run at it.

I’m still for trading him though. If there is a good offer, I’m talking late first rounder territory, then we are better to cash in now rather than watch as he struggles next year and his value plummets to a bag of chips. Ie take the Hartlett, Butcher, Lobbe trades!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back