List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Early last week The Advertiser reported that Lukosius was on 1M plus. If we pay him 800k he would be taking a substantial pay cut. Lukosius is a useful player but he is overrated and not worth 1M a year. I would sooner hang on to Dan Houston.

You are right we all complain about mediocrity yet want to take B+ players in the hope they will suddenly become something they are not. Lukosius is a useful player but he is far from a match winning forward. In fact he is that good as a forward that Gold Coast have played him in defence for a good proportion of his career.

We reportedly put a price of two first round picks on Dan Houston's head earlier this year and we should stick to it.

1. salary reporting is notoriously unreliable

2. it was consistently said that it was a largely backended contract , which mean even if he was on 1m ( I saw 900k elsewhere?) it was really a 800k contract, or whatever.

if someone was on 650k, 650, 750, 950 for example they were not on 950 k.

It’s now 0-2 for Rowey’s ITK’s. He first reported that Luko was going to the crows, and he said they were to the bank. on that. Wrong. Now Cumming was on the list to go to Wisconsin. Wrong again.

If only Little Jimmy Rowe hadn't been so cruelly axed by the Crows, eh - I'm sure he could've trumped Connor's wedding party blandishments...

1. salary reporting is notoriously unreliable

2. it was consistently said that it was a largely backended contract , which mean even if he was on 1m ( I saw 900k elsewhere?) it was really a 800k contract, or whatever.

if someone was on 650k, 650, 750, 950 for example they were not on 950 k.

Yeh, you are probably right. I have checked a couple of other sites and cannot find Lukosius listed in the 25 highest paid players of 2024. The lists bottom out at 900k per year. Ben McKay at Essendon consistently tops the lists at 1.5M in a front end contract. :oops:

Lukosius is probably no where near what the Advertiser are suggesting. I really have to stop reading the Murdoch Press.

Last edited:
I'm not that keen on Parfitt, but if you're looking for depth, he would be a darn sight cheaper as a depth option than Perryman/Cumming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone tell me who would be the player that's been on our list the longest if Boak retires/leaves? And for how long have they been on the list?

Surely Boak is the last from the Choco years, but is there anyone left from the Primus years?

Can someone tell me who would be the player that's been on our list the longest if Boak retires/leaves? And for how long have they been on the list?

Surely Boak is the last from the Choco years, but is there anyone left from the Primus years?
Tom Clurey age 30 Drafted: Round 2, Pick #29 2012 National Draft by Port Adelaide Power
Primus finished in 2012.
Hinkley started in 2013.

Choco era - Boak
Primus era - nobody
Start of Hinkley era - Wines and Clurey

I mean, that's all well and good, but Parfitt plays a completely different position to Perryman/Cumming

But we have a heap of players who play their positions and two more young ones coming in via F/S.

We need depth in inside mids.

I don't disagree that Parfitt provides inside mid depth which we are lacking - but just can't see how you draw comparisons to Cumming/Perryman
A few people here are saying that Perryman/Cummings are really just depth anyway. So if we're paying players to be depth, let's get them in positions where we need it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back