List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless McCallum has a contract he should be one of the first delisted.
K Marshall is another who showed virtually nothing at sanfl level and probably should go too, his size and the dearth of tall defenders at Alberton could get him a rookie list spot but that could depend on what other talls are available late in this year's draft.
Good call '54, we have had almost no luck with tall draftees over the Hinkley years. As I have posted before Todd Marshall is about the only 195cm + player who has gone on with it and even he looks to have a limited future.

McCallum, Scully and Kyle Marshall are all out of contract at the end of 2024.

Good call '54, we have had almost no luck with tall draftees over the Hinkley years. As I have posted before Todd Marshall is about the only 195cm + player who has gone on with it and even he looks to have a limited future.

McCallum, Scully and Kyle Marshall are all out of contract at the end of 2024.

That’s because as a club we’ve refused to invest in this position at the draft. It’s not luck, it’s poor list management for the past 15 years.

All our key defenders are always pick 40+ at best and the odds of them becoming quality AFL defenders is very limited from the start. It’s no surprise we cycle through them like Ken does with his coke.

The fact Clurey remains the highest draft pick spent on a key defender on our list shows how poor our list management has been in this space. We haven’t used a first round pick on a key defender since Chaplin in 2003. 21 years….

When we refuse to spend first or second round picks to get these players, we’re stuck with cycling through the likes of McCullum, Grundy, Pasini, Skinner, Marshall etc. It’s not a surprise they don’t make it.

What we are lucky with is that we managed to snag Aliir at the trade table and even BZT. As we sure as hell haven’t drafted to fill those positions otherwise in the last 15+ years.

I wouldn't mind taking a swing at Harry O'Farrell as a KPD around pick 25-35 if we get a chance. Seems like there could be something there.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back