List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

So Daniher, Cameron, McKay, Curnow and Hogan are all guns. JUH, Darcy and Georgiades are heading that way. Naughton close to.

Neale, Hipwood, MacDonald, Morris, Lewis, Riccardi, all serviceable second or third talls.
Finlayson, Marshall, Lukosius, Lord - all stack up well/are better than these other talls.

So outside the Dogs and Blues - few teams have 2-3 gun tall forwards. Maybe the Suns, Crows and Freo in the future.

What has really set us back (yes yes it’s Hinkley and game plan) is a lack of small and half forwards.

Evans, McEntee, Narkle - just not up to scratch. DBJ and SPP are fine but not of the quality of Papley, Daniels, Jones, Ah Chee, Cameron, Miers, Dempsey, Watson, etc etc etc.

Richard’s will help but only marginally. The draftees we have seem ok but still awhile off if they make it. There only seems to be one or two good smalls in the early part of the draft - not sure we will be in the space to get them.

So can we repurpose someone? Sinn, Jones, Bergmann, Evans, Burgoyne - all have the attributes but only have just been settled in the backline and look beat down back. Mead is too slow. Lorenz?

Really it seems like it has to be Rozee. So if we can build some midfield depth to allow him to go forward more that may help. Otherwise Sinn might be the other.

Tough seeing Neale as a Port lad winning elsewhere.

I'm sure we had chances to grab him too.

Very unlucky not to win the Norm Smith but that happens.
I went through the drafts to find the best tassie players and saw that Neale was missed by all teams while I was looking through it. I had forgotten how he got missed. How we didnt pick him up as a local even the Crows is beyond me.

We had pick 51 and we selected Nathan Blee.🙄
Stevie Wonder GIF by John Legend

I’ve resigned to losing Houston, despite missing out on Cumming and Perryman.

I think our top end is in great nick, but we need to improve the players in the 14-22 bracket. Try and pick up Richards and Garcia, in addition to Luko, grab a couple of early picks for Houston and use them on a small forward/KPP/contested mid, and back in younger guys like Lorenz, Sinn, and Lord to come on.

With a new coach, I think we can push again.

Thankfully we took Boak over Thorpe, but would have been nice to have Jack Riewoldt.

Jeremy Howe would have been significantly better than Ben Jacobs

Lachie Neale would have been a pick every team would regret ignoring.

Missed our chance at Alex Pearce

Alex Pearce is going to be offered a literal boatload of money by the AFL to captain Tasmania - Fremantle are sitting on a golden goose. I think in retrospect he'll be a steal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there any other mods who want to double down on Lachie Neale being crap at Port Adelaide?

Tough seeing Neale as a Port lad winning elsewhere.

I'm sure we had chances to grab him too.

Very unlucky not to win the Norm Smith but that happens.

I got the impression that he always tears us a new one when he plays against Port, maybe as a FU for not drafting him, but his career stats don't really back that up: for some reason Essendon are his big bunny - they've just about given him a Brownlow on their own.

Trade Radio mentioned still a Port link for Pickett other than Byron. I may get this slightly wrong, but Picketts partner and Quinton Narkles wife are sisters and very close.

Honestly, Kane is such an unbalanced person. First part is fine, then he just decides to slip into have a whinge, sour grapes mode and starts to justify a comparison pointlessly with Danger from years back on salary. The guys just so dim witted.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back