List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

If Collingwood come out of this trade period with Houston and Perryman for the loss of Noble, and we come out with Lukosius and Richards (and a pick or two) for the loss of Houston and Soldo, one contending club has definitely improved its list in the near-medium term, the other has not. Pick 13 would need to bring in a future star for us to have done better than break even.
Agreed not sure why we want to make Collingwood better and us worse

Make them pay properly or send him to north or don’t trade him at all.

To an extent I agree with CD, every year supporters of all teams think they need to win every trade by the length of the Flemington straight. But that’s just not how it ever works in reality. They’re meant to be a mutually beneficial agreement.

But in the Houston situation, with not one, not two but three years to run on a contract I think we should expect to perhaps come out of that one better than average.

Richards is probably better than we are giving him credit for on here. Collingwood are stacked with small-medium forwards, so someone not getting a game for them doesn’t mean he wouldn’t absolutely be filling an obvious need in our best 23.

And hopefully the fact we will take on luko’s contract means we don’t have to give up a huge amount for him. Another obvious hole to plug in our best 23.

It sucks losing Houston because he is a gun but Luko and Richards definitely fill some obvious holes for us.

And whatever we get for soldo is going to be a bonus, we might not get back all that we gave up for him but unless sweet and Visentini both get injured he was likely to play a full season of sanfl.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ken’s been trading in the missing piece/s for the past decade, no pressure Joe.
I will never understand how Port failed to capitalise in 2015 and 2016 with the recruitments of Ryder and Dixon at their prime just to name a few. These players were the "missing piece" for Port to contend for the flag.

Just another failure in the Ken Stinkley era.

What the POS is saying is that we’re going to take unders for Houston, then trade the pick 20something for Lukosious.

Pick 13+Luko = we have brought in 2 first rounders for Houston
That’s the minimum really but ideally Richards would be included in that package to make it worthwhile for us.

If we were dealing with North, you might get a top 10 pick and something to use for Lukosius which would be a good outcome.
I will never understand how Port failed to capitalise in 2015 and 2016 with the recruitments of Ryder and Dixon at their prime just to name a few. These players were the "missing piece" for Port to contend for the flag.

Just another failure in the Ken Stinkley era.
Not only did we not capitalise, we went backwards in those years.

We had a midfield of what should have been peak Boak, Gray, Wines, Polec and Ebert. Wingard strutting his stuff. Ryder, Dixon, Westhoff, Trengove. There was enough balanced quality on our list to contend properly through 2015-18. To have lost one home EF in those four years with that playing stock speaks volumes of the INEPTITUDE of our coach and his assistants.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back