List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

If Collingwood come out of this trade period with Houston and Perryman for the loss of Noble, and we come out with Lukosius and Richards (and a pick or two) for the loss of Houston and Soldo, one contending club has definitely improved its list in the near-medium term, the other has not. Pick 13 would need to bring in a future star for us to have done better than break even.
Agreed not sure why we want to make Collingwood better and us worse

Make them pay properly or send him to north or don’t trade him at all.

To an extent I agree with CD, every year supporters of all teams think they need to win every trade by the length of the Flemington straight. But that’s just not how it ever works in reality. They’re meant to be a mutually beneficial agreement.

But in the Houston situation, with not one, not two but three years to run on a contract I think we should expect to perhaps come out of that one better than average.

Richards is probably better than we are giving him credit for on here. Collingwood are stacked with small-medium forwards, so someone not getting a game for them doesn’t mean he wouldn’t absolutely be filling an obvious need in our best 23.

And hopefully the fact we will take on luko’s contract means we don’t have to give up a huge amount for him. Another obvious hole to plug in our best 23.

It sucks losing Houston because he is a gun but Luko and Richards definitely fill some obvious holes for us.

And whatever we get for soldo is going to be a bonus, we might not get back all that we gave up for him but unless sweet and Visentini both get injured he was likely to play a full season of sanfl.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ken’s been trading in the missing piece/s for the past decade, no pressure Joe.
I will never understand how Port failed to capitalise in 2015 and 2016 with the recruitments of Ryder and Dixon at their prime just to name a few. These players were the "missing piece" for Port to contend for the flag.

Just another failure in the Ken Stinkley era.

What the POS is saying is that we’re going to take unders for Houston, then trade the pick 20something for Lukosious.

Pick 13+Luko = we have brought in 2 first rounders for Houston
That’s the minimum really but ideally Richards would be included in that package to make it worthwhile for us.

If we were dealing with North, you might get a top 10 pick and something to use for Lukosius which would be a good outcome.
I will never understand how Port failed to capitalise in 2015 and 2016 with the recruitments of Ryder and Dixon at their prime just to name a few. These players were the "missing piece" for Port to contend for the flag.

Just another failure in the Ken Stinkley era.
Not only did we not capitalise, we went backwards in those years.

We had a midfield of what should have been peak Boak, Gray, Wines, Polec and Ebert. Wingard strutting his stuff. Ryder, Dixon, Westhoff, Trengove. There was enough balanced quality on our list to contend properly through 2015-18. To have lost one home EF in those four years with that playing stock speaks volumes of the INEPTITUDE of our coach and his assistants.

I wonder if we got a future 1st and pick 25 from Roos for Houston if we could try and swap both them for freos pick 11 and 18 this year.
It’d mean 2 1st rounders for us
They could get baker and Bolton for 10 25 and 30 plus a future 1st to help try and get Warner

Can we just say no deal to Collingwood? I don't want picks 13, 23 and Richards for Houston. It has to be 2 x 1st rounders minimum and Richards should be a separate deal. The last thing you want is for your opposition to get "better". We should take a leaf out of Geelong's book and refuse to deal with any Vic Clubs wanting Houston until they are willing to meet Port's demands.

Can we just say no deal to Collingwood? I don't want picks 13, 23 and Richards for Houston. It has to be 2 x 1st rounders minimum and Richards should be a separate deal. The last thing you want is for your opposition to get "better". We should take a leaf out of Geelong's book and refuse to deal with any Vic Clubs wanting Houston until they are willing to meet Port's demands.
i wish mackie or dodoro were our list boss for this season

23 is technically a first rounder.

Can we just say no deal to Collingwood?
Yes.

And we should. Someone, let Trade Radio know a 3 year contract at a Non-Vic club is worth just as much as a Vic one. They don't seem to know.

Imagine if a Collingwood player just named AA with 3 years to go asked to be traded to Port. We wouldn't be talking about pick 13 (pushed to 15), a mid-20s pick and a 25 year old whose played 9 games as steakknives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

13, 23 and Richards would be a good outcome all things considered. Also note that 23 is technically a “1st rd pick” so does satisfy Port’s asking price. Just need to convince Dan to agree to Collingwood rather than hold out for Carlton who are never going to offer up a package of Dan’s value.

GWS just got handed an end of 1st round compo for Cummings and that was pick 21, so pick 23 being classed as a first round pick is a pretty loose interpretation and who the hell aims for the pits anyway.

We don’t want a first rounder and a first rounder that’s in the 20’s but by sheer stupidity is considered a 1st rounder because of the afls moronic governance.

Why bother even being in the afl if we’re gonna be so cucked we’re gonna guide collingwoods **** into our back passage and thank them for not using lube.

To an extent I agree with CD, every year supporters of all teams think they need to win every trade by the length of the Flemington straight. But that’s just not how it ever works in reality. They’re meant to be a mutually beneficial agreement.

But in the Houston situation, with not one, not two but three years to run on a contract I think we should expect to perhaps come out of that one better than average.

Richards is probably better than we are giving him credit for on here. Collingwood are stacked with small-medium forwards, so someone not getting a game for them doesn’t mean he wouldn’t absolutely be filling an obvious need in our best 23.

And hopefully the fact we will take on luko’s contract means we don’t have to give up a huge amount for him. Another obvious hole to plug in our best 23.

It sucks losing Houston because he is a gun but Luko and Richards definitely fill some obvious holes for us.

And whatever we get for soldo is going to be a bonus, we might not get back all that we gave up for him but unless sweet and Visentini both get injured he was likely to play a full season of sanfl.

Port fans have never wanted to win every trade, were the dog that has been kicked by its owner so many times we just don’t want to be screwed over for the hundredth time.

Just a little bit of consistency would be nice ,

“You have to pay up for contracted players “

“Uncontracted players you can’t expect much”

“You have to pay up for this out of contracted player”

“Take what’s given for your contracted player”

Yes.

And we should. Someone, let Trade Radio know a 3 year contract at a Non-Vic club is worth just as much as a Vic one. They don't seem to know.

Imagine if a Collingwood player just named AA with 3 years to go asked to be traded to Port. We wouldn't be talking about pick 13 (pushed to 15), a mid-20s pick and a 25 year old whose played 9 games as steakknives.

Collingwood wouldn’t be dumb enough to trade him in the first place. He either sees out his contract, or we get well compensated.

Why is everyone so frantic? Stop and enjoy the speculation and the ride.

Pretty hard to deal with any club until Dan decides what he wants?
I agree. A lot of bed wetting here.

Our aim is to get Lukosius, Richards and a first round pick out of Houston and change. It doesn’t matter how we do this- or who we do it with. If Collingwood do like bandits but we end up with what we want, who cares. They are only one of 17 competitors and not currently in the top 7 competitors.

It will be rejected immediately. Pick 13, Joe Richards (worth 3rd rounder at best) and 2nd round pick is not enough.

Pick 13 will be pushed to pick 15 after father son/academy bids.

If your asking pick 13 for Noble we should be expecting the moon for Houston.
How far behind on the trade news are you? We are getting Pick 13 for Noble and our Future 1st. Additionally, Houston has requested a trade to Victoria. Of course Port Adelaide don't have to accommodate that request, but Collingwood doesn't have to facilitate Joe Richard's request, a player Port Adelaide has individually headhunted

How far behind on the trade news are you? We are getting Pick 13 for Noble and our Future 1st. Additionally, Houston has requested a trade to Victoria. Of course Port Adelaide don't have to accommodate that request, but Collingwood doesn't have to facilitate Joe Richard's request, a player Port Adelaide has individually headhunted

You do realise that Richards is out of contract and can walk out of the Pies for nothing if he wished? They can’t exactly hold him up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back