List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is why I thought we should go for Gibcus in the draft. Instead we loaded up on mids. No question we need more from the midfield but we now have to find another pathway to finding a KPD. It may be that there is a fair bit of confidence that Calllow of one of the other KPFs can make the grade. If not we will depending on FA and our cash reserves.

I'm super stoked we didn't go Gibcus. Our youth is very strong in defence and not at all strong in the midfield. The midfield is probably the most crucial area of the ground these days and we are light on in terms of quality youth through there. We have had 1 top 10 pick in about 15 years last year and went a key defender in DGB. Would have been shocked if we went for 2 and ignored the quality available in the middle.

Given the quality young interceptors we have - Sicily, Jiath, Scrimshaw and DGB and the quality rebounders we have - Bramble, Day, Impey, etc (not to mention Hardwick), we really only need a pure stopper in the future.

Right now, we have Hartigan and Frost. Both came cheap. Before them we got Frawley and Lake, also both came cheap. Some more key defenders moved cheaply to other clubs in recent years too. I would have been pretty disappointed if we ignored our poor midfield to spend more high draft capital on a stopper. Let's worry about that when we have a strong midfield - which is more important for restricting opposition scoring anyway.

I'm super stoked we didn't go Gibcus. Our youth is very strong in defence and not at all strong in the midfield. The midfield is probably the most crucial area of the ground these days and we are light on in terms of quality youth through there. We have had 1 top 10 pick in about 15 years last year and went a key defender in DGB. Would have been shocked if we went for 2 and ignored the quality available in the middle.

Given the quality young interceptors we have - Sicily, Jiath, Scrimshaw and DGB and the quality rebounders we have - Bramble, Day, Impey, etc (not to mention Hardwick), we really only need a pure stopper in the future.

Right now, we have Hartigan and Frost. Both came cheap. Before them we got Frawley and Lake, also both came cheap. Some more key defenders moved cheaply to other clubs in recent years too. I would have been pretty disappointed if we ignored our poor midfield to spend more high draft capital on a stopper. Let's worry about that when we have a strong midfield - which is more important for restricting opposition scoring anyway.

Can't wait to see CJ, Day, DGB, Scrimshaw & Impey intercepting/rebounding out of defence. What a sight!

Two current rookies need to be upgraded; the minimum on a primary list is 36

I suspect 2 of Moore, Jeka and Bramble

So this means we can have up to another 4 rookies? I think we will have a few young footballers training with us over the summer looking for that hidden gem. 1 Ruck, 1 Key defender, 1 winger and one small forward to review would be awesome.

I wonder if Kosi could return to the backline. He may be strong enough and certainly quick enough to compete with KPF's.

Lewis looks primed for a big season up forward. His natural marking ability, height and now size should allow him to be a quality KPF. Jeka could be ready to take that next step as a CHF.
It's interesting would mean our back and forward line KP would be set but I think playing with the asset pieces will have already limits the rebuild, let Lewis, Jeka and Kosi battle it out for the best 2 and recruit as needed.

So this means we can have up to another 4 rookies? I think we will have a few young footballers training with us over the summer looking for that hidden gem. 1 Ruck, 1 Key defender, 1 winger and one small forward to review would be awesome.
Supplementary and mid-season draft we should take around about 3 players I'd assume.

Interesting why we nominated Hassbroek but didn't end up taking him

So this means we can have up to another 4 rookies?
Supplementary and mid-season draft we should take around about 3 players I'd assume.
We have space for 1 more player on the playing roster of seniors and Cat A rookies, and one space on our Cat B list

We have 41 players on the playing lists, which can be up to a max of 42.

However, in the absence of any rookie eleveations, our mix is wrong; we currently have 34 senior listed players (when each club must have a minimum of 36) and 7 rookies (when the max is 6)

If we elevate 2 rookies, we may add another to the rookie list to take it to the maximum.

We have space for 1 more player on the playing roster of seniors and Cat A rookies, and one space on our Cat B list

We have 41 players on the playing lists, which can be up to a max of 42.

However, in the absence of any rookie eleveations, our mix is wrong; we currently have 34 senior listed players (when each club must have a minimum of 36) and 7 rookies (when the max is 6)

If we elevate 2 rookies, we may add another to the rookie list to take it to the maximum.

I see..

So, if the Beers beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup, unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play LA and Pittsburgh in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see..

So, if the Beers beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup, unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play LA and Pittsburgh in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned?
,,,and then Scott Baio gave me pinkeye!

Maybe we planned to take him but we just had to take Long when he was still on the table?
Taking Long wouldn't have an effect on taking haasbroek.

Haasbroek would have gone onto our Cat B list

With everything done an dusted for the time being, where does everyone see our current list holes? Taking into account whos developing and who could be shifted around, do we have a glaring hole atm?

Another young KPD (although we have KPF depth), possibly another Gunston type, and that superstar hybrid Mid/Fwd would be icing on the cake. Ultimately I think we still lack a few of those game-changing/match-winning superstars in the mould of a Dusty/Petracca/Bont/Gawn/Buddy but hope we find them soon.

With everything done an dusted for the time being, where does everyone see our current list holes? Taking into account whos developing and who could be shifted around, do we have a glaring hole atm?

Another young KPD (although we have KPF depth), possibly another Gunston type, and that superstar hybrid Mid/Fwd would be icing on the cake. Ultimately I think we still lack a few of those game-changing/match-winning superstars in the mould of a Dusty/Petracca/Bont/Gawn/Buddy but hope we find them soon.
The Stewy Dew type?
fat man.jpg

With thanks to Scrads for their excellent Excel work in making this an easy snip - this is as exciting and extensive group of players under 25 that we have had for a very long time. Our list isn't without its issues still - but within a year we have absolutely revitalised it. Big props to McKenzie and Collins and I'm sure many others who don't get the plaudits - I am pretty excited to see what this unit can look like in a couple of years with some additional first round picks in the mix.

View attachment 1287697
View attachment 1287698

The thing that excites me with this list is free agency. I think the list is full of good honest citizens who will play at a good level, but with the exception of 2-3 players lacks genuine star power. We built the list of our golden era through the draft and topped up. I think this time round when we believe we are close to contending we will go on a shopping spree. Just my take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back