List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say this with the up most respect to those cut, as great fellas for sure. Yet not one of these players where picked by another AFL club. Surely if the Hawk got it that bad the players would be at an afl club now.

I’m surprised they’re not all co-captains at a top 4 club the way those punters have gone on.

I don't think we need a 'young' KPD - even a 26/27yr old could give us 5yrs & but more time. Darcy Moore as a FA should do it!

Our forwardline mix needs time/games together, more than it needs more talent (IMO). A superstar CHF would certainly be handy, of course - but these guys need time.

If he stays fit for 12 months, Wingard can be a game breaking MID/FWD or FWD/MID. Another would be bloody handy!

IMO:
- KPD
- CHF
- 2x A Grade Mids

*we could well have these (or some of them) on the list right now - just yet to fully develop.

Genuinely agree with everything you just said. I was thinking Wingard is our best chance for a game breaking M/F but would love a physical beast to come through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean I’d almost get it if Mitchell had cut a best 22 player unexpectedly - but those 3 have now all been replaced by more enticing prospects and yet people are going off like we got rid of someone who just finished top 10 in the Brownlow.

in contrast plenty of people suggesting getting rid of an actual Brownlow medalist

Will be insane if 2-3 of our 2nd Year Players can cement themselves as Best 22 this season (on merit, not future):

DGB
Seamus Mitchell
Saunders
Brockman (arguably already there)

Probs add Jeka to that group as well.

Will be insane if 2-3 of our 2nd Year Players can cement themselves as Best 22 this season (on merit, not future):

DGB
Seamus Mitchell
Saunders

Jeka's an interesting proposition, isn't he? Beautiful skills. He's arguably jostling for a spot with Kosi & Lewis. I think we'd be a bit top-heavy with all three playing, including Gunston.

Jeka's an interesting proposition, isn't he? Beautiful skills. He's arguably jostling for a spot with Kosi & Lewis. I think we'd be a bit top-heavy with all three playing, including Gunston.
Defining year for Lewis and I think he knows it, must start delivering on a regular basis or we need to be looking elsewhere. Hopefully a more attacking game plan will be to his liking.

DGB
Seamus Mitchell
Saunders

Imagine if even one of our Draftees cements their spot....ala... Ward

Here’s some samples of the cooked brains of Instagram. My favourites are those threatening their membership or support of the club over fringe players being delisted. Can only imagine the demented emails and phone calls the club must get over these kinds of things.
View attachment 1290197View attachment 1290198
View attachment 1290199View attachment 1290200
View attachment 1290201View attachment 1290202
View attachment 1290204View attachment 1290203
View attachment 1290213View attachment 1290206
View attachment 1290207View attachment 1290208
View attachment 1290209
Didn't Miles have some pretty vocal friends on social media that used to leave comments about why he wasn't being selected, etc? Wouldn't be surprised if they were fake accounts that he was using to pump himself up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here’s some samples of the cooked brains of Instagram. My favourites are those threatening their membership or support of the club over fringe players being delisted. Can only imagine the demented emails and phone calls the club must get over these kinds of things.
View attachment 1290209
Holy shit so many god damn nuffs... It is genuinely concerning that so many people can be big enough fans to follow and comment on these pages and still have 0 idea about the game

I got irrationally angry reading those

DGB
Seamus Mitchell
Saunders

It is pretty exciting that DGB, Mithell and Saunders are almost new recruits after having injury interrupted seasons, add those 3 to the actual draftees and Lynch and we have a ton of young talent that are going to be pushing for selection.

I mean he did kick a goal in every game
Not sure one goal a game from our no 1 forward is going to get us into premiership contention. Its been hard to watch our primary means of scoring being just a scrap to be able to conjure goals. We need to build a plan around our monster forwards to give them every opportunity. I'm really looking for some dominant performances from Lewis like all good forwards have from time to time.

Not sure one goal a game from our no 1 forward is going to get us into premiership contention. Its been hard to watch our primary means of scoring being just a scrap to be able to conjure goals. We need to build a plan around our monster forwards to give them every opportunity. I'm really looking for some dominant performances from Lewis like all good forwards have from time to time.
From a side ranked bottom 4 for inside 50s

a goal a game is a very good strike rate

Thats one goal in every game not one goal a game, he average .3 less goals a game than Aaron Naughton who the media wont stop talking about, one was a top ten draft pick the other was a pick in the 70's, one team was a top 4 side the other a bottom 4 side, ones been injured and never a had a full preseason in his career the other has only missed 9 games since being drafted and had no major injury concerns.

Mitchell Lewis is just doing fine... better than fine actually.

Last edited:
View attachment 1290209
There are a lot of things that Jeff should be held accountable for but not for these delistings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back