List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that excites me with this list is free agency. I think the list is full of good honest citizens who will play at a good level, but with the exception of 2-3 players lacks genuine star power. We built the list of our golden era through the draft and topped up. I think this time round when we believe we are close to contending we will go on a shopping spree. Just my take

most of the draftees suggest they can do two positions, just like in the 12-16 era (Sammy himself bought massively into that so I don't see a revolution happening

Still can right? It will be interesting to see if he trains with the squad over summer...

The report i read, is he is training with Nash at the moment. An expects to be in Australia by Jan 2022. I just can not remember where i read it.

Edit I am confusing Fion with Paaul.

Last edited:
With everything done an dusted for the time being, where does everyone see our current list holes? Taking into account whos developing and who could be shifted around, do we have a glaring hole atm?

Another young KPD (although we have KPF depth), possibly another Gunston type, and that superstar hybrid Mid/Fwd would be icing on the cake. Ultimately I think we still lack a few of those game-changing/match-winning superstars in the mould of a Dusty/Petracca/Bont/Gawn/Buddy but hope we find them soon.
I don't think we need a 'young' KPD - even a 26/27yr old could give us 5yrs & buy more time. Darcy Moore as a FA should do it!

Our forwardline mix needs time/games together, more than it needs more talent (IMO). A superstar CHF would certainly be handy, of course - but these guys need time.

If he stays fit for 12 months, Wingard can be a game breaking MID/FWD or FWD/MID. Another would be bloody handy!

IMO:
- KPD
- CHF
- 2x A Grade Mids

*we could well have these (or some of them) on the list right now - just yet to fully develop.

Last edited:
The thing that excites me with this list is free agency. I think the list is full of good honest citizens who will play at a good level, but with the exception of 2-3 players lacks genuine star power. We built the list of our golden era through the draft and topped up. I think this time round when we believe we are close to contending we will go on a shopping spree. Just my take

That will come. We are effectively 2005 and Franklin, Rough and Lewis were rookies then. That 2005 side also lacked genuine star power and had to be developed / nurtured over 2-3 years. Keep in mind Rioli, Breust, Gunna came later. Going into 2022 we still have Wingard, Breust, Sicily and Gunston on our list with JOM and TOM as the rocks.

The good news is that there's half a dozen or so players that could become anything.

Day, CJ, Brockman, Jeka, Morris, S Mitchell, Saunders and Butler all seem to have potential X factor which if nurtured properly could yield a similar crop in 3-4 years And then you've got the rocks Scrimshaw, DGB, Hardwick and potentially Kosi & Ward.

So if you look at it in perspective we are potentially only 2-3 drafts and trading periods away from the feeling we all had in 2007/8.

A key position defender is probably the only glaring hole if you consider the next 5 years. Hopefully in 12 months time I can be saying Callow and perhaps a big name free agent has this covered.

We have depth in every other position, but it just remains to be seen how elite the players in those positions can become.

I'm pretty happy with our key forwards if I'm being honest. I have high hopes that a combination of Kosi, Lewis and Jeka can take us into the next decade.
If Lewis and Kosi can combine for 60 goals this coming season we'll be in a great place (that's only asking for 11 more than this year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did people actually complain with our delistings ?
Not that much as I recollect. Cousins had a few supporters but most posters thought they had all been given a reasonable opportunity to show their wares and were found wanting one way or another. Hanrahan had a bit of flare but struggled to impact over the course of a game. Cousins was not far off but not improving. Greaves was honest and tidy but undersized and not especially quick.

It's just great thinking about the side and not having to consider Cegs TOB and Burger with all due respect.

Throw in Cuz Hartley and Ollie and there are spots in 2022 available for players to come in who have higher ceilings and can hopefully cement roles whereas these guys couldn't.

It's interesting at rhe draft we have placed a premium on endurance and Ollie who was arguably playing his best football as a mid was flicked.

Did people actually complain with our delistings ?

Here, no. Social media - it was bizarre with a chorus of whinging about the delistings. Even Teia Miles had a whinge about Hanrahan’s delisting - he may have deleted the post however.

Here, no. Social media - it was bizarre with a chorus of whinging about the delistings. Even Teia Miles had a whinge about Hanrahan’s delisting - he may have deleted the post however.
Did he really? That's pretty funny.

Did he really? That's pretty funny.

I had a giggle at the time. Not sure if he deleted it if his own accord or someone called him out privately but I think I recall the comment disappeared inside a few hours.

Edit: Correction, Teia’s post is still there and in the snippets I posted below.

Last edited:
This time next year our list will be unrecognisable, which i am happy about indeed. Our champions moved on and the second tire simply were not up to it, no matter how much Clarko tried to polishes up the game plan.

Potential changes this time next year 2022. Possible retirement: McEvoy, Hartigan, Gunston, Shiels. Under pressure: Howe, Nash, Phillips.

Let's see how Lewis goes with his new leveled-up physical form. IMO Jeka is probably more suited to CHF given he's a great field kick and is more mobile than Lewis.
Thought Lewis played his best game for the club at CHF against the Dogs

Here’s some samples of the cooked brains of Instagram. My favourites are those threatening their membership or support of the club over fringe players being delisted. Can only imagine the demented emails and phone calls the club must get over these kinds of things.
9B44C38A-D5A9-4F69-B9BE-1D1818B05C1A.jpeg 990075C1-90D1-451C-8131-3764A887D63C.jpeg
CE8AC7B5-1550-4589-9512-83E488B47635.jpeg EFA20B0D-A785-4EB6-96E4-4FCAA79D8A30.jpeg
F6AE4AB4-F5E2-45EA-A821-41DFC7E5E926.jpeg 004E0291-67AD-44A5-8216-87B28DD46E35.jpeg
BCF23B1C-2602-4DF9-BD8C-E290BF064D8C.jpeg 5C96AB5E-C2DE-4949-BA0D-9781FFC00851.jpeg
E733B459-D62F-4FB2-A7F7-06EB951D0CCC.jpeg F63187E0-44D8-41D4-A22F-777D8F1E68C4.jpeg
E1D7F510-C30B-4221-9418-8EDCCB91CFED.jpeg 876DBC5F-9AC0-464D-AD0C-C9FC5410281F.jpeg
0E03CC05-3F4E-45F6-AD5F-D05D86877A3D.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s some samples of the cooked brains of Instagram. My favourites are those threatening their membership or support of the club over fringe players being delisted. Can only imagine the demented emails and phone calls the club must get over these kinds of things.
View attachment 1290197View attachment 1290198View attachment 1290199View attachment 1290200View attachment 1290201View attachment 1290202View attachment 1290203View attachment 1290204View attachment 1290205View attachment 1290206View attachment 1290207View attachment 1290208View attachment 1290209
Clearly these Hawk fans were not around when Clarkson first arrived and went mad cutting players. 🤣 They have no idea what a tough time is or what it takes for success.

Clearly these Hawk fans were not around when Clarkson first arrived and went mad cutting players. 🤣 They have no idea what a tough time is or what it takes for success.

I mean I’d almost get it if Mitchell had cut a best 22 player unexpectedly - but those 3 have now all been replaced by more enticing prospects and yet people are going off like we got rid of someone who just finished top 10 in the Brownlow.

I mean I’d almost get it if Mitchell had cut a best 22 player unexpectedly - but those 3 have now all been replaced by more enticing prospects and yet people are going off like we got rid of someone who just finished top 10 in the Brownlow.

I say this with the up most respect to those cut, as great fellas for sure. Yet not one of these players where picked by another AFL club. Surely if the Hawk got it that wrong the players would be at an afl club now.

An i wish Mitchell could of went a bit harder. How ever contracts prevented him from doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back