List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the positive with whatever Sicily decides

He stays he is our best player and has another 5 quality years left I'd imagine.

He leaves and we could be heading to the draft with two picks in the top 6 or 7.

As for Gunston, worth more to us at this point that what we'd net in a move.

Sicily is staying. You only have to listen to his interview today. Have never heard a free agent as clear as he is .

Gunners let’s wait and see. If he ends up with 40 goals he is going to be hard to let go as forwards that know how to finish with limited opportunity’s are hard to find .

Sicily is staying. You only have to listen to his interview today. Have never heard a free agent as clear as he is .

Gunners let’s wait and see. If he ends up with 40 goals he is going to be hard to let go as forwards that know how to finish with limited opportunity’s are hard to find .
Where’s that interview mate
I’ve looked for it but can not find

Edit: found it finally

Last edited:

HAWKS FORWARD KEEN TO STAY​

HAWTHORN'S in-form key forward Mitch Lewis says he is excited for the future with the Hawks as he remains out of contract this year.

Lewis has started the year in career-best form, booting 15 goals in the first five rounds before suffering a minor hamstring injury against Geelong that saw him miss Monday's loss to Sydney.

The 23-year-old's contract he signed in 2019 expires at the end of this season. Discussions haven't started with the Hawks on a new contract but Lewis said he was keen to stay at the club.

Reckon Moorey may get a stint as captain

Sam Mitchell had a lot of good things to say about Moorey and Lewis as developing leaders. I forget where I heard it but it was before the season started.

Had a sneaky prediction that if we revert to a leadership group next season it would be Sicily as skipper with Moore, Lewis and whichever established player remains of Mitchell, Gunston, O'Meara, Breust etc. Worpel was in that list too but perhaps I've cooled on him as his form has dipped.

Who is our "next Gunston"? Who is Jack keeping out of the side?

Is it Jeka? Or Serong? Are either of them ready to take his place?
I think if we are talking physically and individually, Serong is travelling at a rate that would put him infront of Jeka at the end of the year and has the most similar game.

But the "next Gunston" conversation I'm more concerned with is who is going to take the mantle of orginising the forwards and leading up there. I noticed last year Frosty was always pointing and yelling and really built that in Sicily's absence who does that now. And last year with no Gunston, the games that Bruest missed our forwards looked absolutely toothless and our young guys were lost.

Chad obviously has this capacity, and does it often. But post Chad, Bruest and most of all Gunston I'm not sure who is grabbing that mantle next. Dylan Moore has the voice and the forwardcraft accumen but is not a stay at home forward and seems like is playing more on ball everyday.

Who do we think?

I think if we are talking physically and individually, Serong is travelling at a rate that would put him infront of Jeka at the end of the year and has the most similar game.

But the "next Gunston" conversation I'm more concerned with is who is going to take the mantle of orginising the forwards and leading up there. I noticed last year Frosty was always pointing and yelling and really built that in Sicily's absence who does that now. And last year with no Gunston, the games that Bruest missed our forwards looked absolutely toothless and our young guys were lost.

Chad obviously has this capacity, and does it often. But post Chad, Bruest and most of all Gunston I'm not sure who is grabbing that mantle next. Dylan Moore has the voice and the forwardcraft accumen but is not a stay at home forward and seems like is playing more on ball everyday.

Who do we think?
Good question. They'll know inside the 4 walls better.

I'd hope Gunston stays for another 2.

Who do we think?
I’m not sure who, but sometimes it takes for there to be no real leader, for a leader to step up.

Unfortunately for Worpel he should be in the conversation but his game is in a state

You cannot help think/wonder there is something off field going on with Worps as 22/23 year olds don’t normally drop off the cliff on field like he has .

Hopefully someone shows him the tape of his best and fairest season and something clicks again but his drop off has a lot of people baffled .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You cannot help think/wonder there is something off field going on with Worps as 22/23 year olds don’t normally drop off the cliff on field like he has .

Hopefully someone shows him the tape of his best and fairest season and something clicks again but his drop off has a lot of people baffled .
Yer I don’t think any one event but just multiple has resulted in a lack of confidence in his game, and now with the new kids coming through would be a fair bit of pressure - but tbh list pressure drives performance so it is what it is.

If we have players going past Worpel it means he will need to find a way to do more or play better.

Unfortunately for Worpel he should be in the conversation but his game is in a state
Yes, he's a natural leader. Really hope he can turn his form around as he seems like a really decent guy and brings a lot to the club. One of my favourites.

Hopefully this doesn’t play out, but hypothetically if Tyler Brockman requested a trade home to WA what would be a expect as a reasonable trade return

Hopefully this doesn’t play out, but hypothetically if Tyler Brockman requested a trade home to WA what would be a expect as a reasonable trade return
Future third ohhhh wait........

The Hawks have zero Xfactor. Premiership sides have Xfactor.
We have got to find some.
Midfield or Forward.

We are down the rebuild path. It is time we found and sort some.

The Hawks have zero Xfactor. Premiership sides have Xfactor.
We have got to find some.
Midfield or Forward.

We are down the rebuild path. It is time we found and sort some.
This is not right.

Jiath, Moore, Lewis, Day, DGB, Newk… they’ve all got some X factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back