Lloyd gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what was more embarrassing. The finger pointing at the Essendon bench, the bitch slap or the fact he kept his huff and puff going AFTER the game.

Christ, can Hawthorn make this bloke captain?

The bloke's a natural leader.

Speaking of such, Mitchell wasn't much better.
:D:thumbsu: What a joke he is. Pretend tough guy that got exposed. Been saying it all along and got vindicated. Someone got him with a good one judging by the way he limped off. The finger pointing was great. Couldn't keep his mouth shut after the game. I'm sure Lloyd is shaking in his boots thinking of Campbell Brown:eek:
The same stance you had all week on the hawk board

Head is sacrosant, hit was to the head - Lloyd is gone. Difference is Lloyds hit will be increased from medium to high and will receive a few extra weeks.
He will be suspended.

Won't hurt the bombers, lloyd did nothing all day, I don't think the hawks took a backward step - if you look all year, once teams get momentum against hawthorn, we just cant stop them piling on the goals, and we just conceed entry into the forward 50 way to easy and leave too many men unmarked...once the bombers got some run and ball they were always capable of getting quick goals

Lose momentum?

The moment that incident happened the game changed. You had the momentum.

Hawthorn took that much of a backward step I'm surprised they weren't charged admission to get back into the ground!

My suggestion Jeff Dunne would be that St. Kilda are so crap and have won one flag in x amount of years, whoops actually one on thir history.

Go the cats.

Culture:thumbsu:

Essendon embarrassed you today. A team of kids scared the shit out of your team.

The players that took a step backward were your senior players.

I don't think it was anyone in particular.

Plenty of huff & puff but no heart for the contest.

The only huff and puff around here is you JD - you made the statement that the hawks were beaten by a team of kids and that the senior hawk players had shit themselves.

And yet when challenged to provide the proof all you can come up with is that it was "no one in particular, they all just folded".

Had nothing to do with the bench being down to two early in the third quarter and kids who had played less than 10 games running out of legs and making poor skill errors or even that the bombers stepped it up a notch finally and started to play the better football.

Nope it was the fact that senior hawk players shit themselves - your astute footballing opinion amazes me.

Had nothing to do with the bench being down to two early in the third quarter and kids who had played less than 10 games running out of legs and making poor skill errors or even that the bombers stepped it up a notch finally and started to play the better football.
Nice excuse if it was half close to reality.

The game changed on a dime. There wasn't time to run out of legs.

Go the cats.

Culture:thumbsu:

Oh dear.

I've received a Campbell Brown bitch-slap!!

I think it's probably an appropraite time to repeat the words of the great man Mr Jefferey Kennett (and I quote):

Jeff The Great said:
If ever we had an incentive to win Saturday’s game against Essendon, the AFL has given it to us.

But we enter the game with our backs depleted and our forwards depleted, but the spirit of Hawthorn absolutely rekindled

Rekindled indeed. :D

Does anyone other than hypocritical Hawthorn supporters really care if Lloyd gets done?

Personally I though it was a simple collision between two players but it wouldn't surprise me if the AFL reacted simply because someone got hurt.

End of the day though, who cares?

Essendon are in finals and Lloyd in his current form is no great loss.

Agree.

I'm not suggesting it - I'm saying it!

Funniest thing I've seen all year from the kings of the huff & puff.

The president is full of it, never backs up his threats.

The coach is that brave he takes a shot at an official from his own club (and we all know what sort of sniper he is).

And now we have Campbell "wait until I see you next year" Brown finger pointing and then running like a coward.

The "Drive-By" Hawks. :D

Having listed those points JD, you are actually correct.

Oh dear.

I've received a Campbell Brown bitch-slap!!

I think it's probably an appropraite time to repeat the words of the great man Mr Jefferey Kennett (and I quote):

Rekindled indeed. :D

Gee a real good effort on your behalf, 1966.

Haha, good club those Saints, 26 spoons is it?:D:eek:

Nice excuse if it was half close to reality.

The game changed on a dime. There wasn't time to run out of legs.

Yet we still went in in front at 3/4 quarter time, so I would say my reality is closer than yours.

It is you who is now clutching at straws JD - facts are you said that the Essendon kids made the senior hawk players shits themselves. You couldn't really give any examples to back this up, so at the end of the day your statement was wrong.

It is okay to accept that it happens to all at some time or another. Tonight it is your turn.

For a guy who supports a club that has been perennial under performers you certainly have a lot to say about the performances of other clubs.

Gee a real good effort on your behalf, 1966.
Was definately a good year.

Haha, good club those Saints, 26 spoons is it?:D:eek:
You tell me.

I stopped counting around the time the first World War started.

Had Buddy gotten off last week, I would have seen the collision today as nothing more than a free, at max a 50m penalty. However, as he didn't, if the AFL want to be consistent, then Lloyd will get done for it. Which sucks for the game, but meh.

On a side note, as much as Brown's comments were entirely inappropriate, if one of my mates got steamrolled, I'd be pretty pissed off too. Although i'd probably just stand there and glare :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a guy who supports a club that has been perennial under performers you certainly have a lot to say about the performances of other clubs.

If you're that god-damn precious you can't handle the opinion of a neutral supporter I suggest you stick to the Hawthorn board. I bet it's a real party over there.

Also, if you doubt what I'm saying I suggest you watch the 3rd quarter again.

If you're that god-damn precious you can't handle the opinion of a neutral supporter I suggest you stick to the Hawthorn board. I bet it's a real party over there.

Also, if you doubt what I'm saying I suggest you watch the 3rd quarter again.

Nothing precious about it - your opinion was wrong. You made a statement that you couldn't back up and you were called on it. If your going to make half assed opinions with no substance then expect to get called on it. Would seem to me that the only one being precious is yourself.

There is no doubt JD that the incident changed the whole game - I never disputed that but we certainly didn't lay down as you insinuated, it's just hard to keep the momentum going when things seem to be transpiring against you - injuries, youth, a team who finally turned up to play etc.

Finally seen the Lloyd/Sewell incident, and lets just say this: if Buddy gets 2 for his bump on Cousins, and we all know that he head is sacrasanct (sp?), then Lloyd will get about 5.

Even more interesting, was Campbell Browns comments after the game on MMM. He called Lloyd a sniper, and hoped that he went around again next year.

Lloyd deserves at least 3 for his hit. but think the funniest thing about todays game was the big tough man Campbell Browns SLAP on monfries. thats right, he slapped monfries. What a tough man brown is! His old man would be proud......... if he had a vagina!!!!!!

In the wake of "Bumpgate" this was stupid from Lloyd. The tribunal has clearly dictated that bump and make head contact then expect a holiday. I'd say will get 2-3.

Glad Sewelly is ok but as much as we don't like to see players out cold, we still don't want an over sanitised game.

Lloyd deserves at least 3 for his hit. but think the funniest thing about todays game was the big tough man Campbell Browns SLAP on monfries. thats right, he slapped monfries. What a tough man brown is! His old man would be proud......... if he had a vagina!!!!!!
It wasn't a slap, he thought they were playing chasey. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back