Lovett to Saints for Ist Round Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

The little poptart is at it again already. Given his jumper and he's pumping his own tyres within seconds.

By a hun journo this afternoon

ST KILDA recruit Andrew Lovett believes he represents the missing piece of the Saints' premiership puzzle.

Still..nothing wrong with a bit of confidence i guess.

Can't think Ross would be too happy with that...

But I believe that was taken out of context as well, look at the actual article...this is the closest it gets to him saying that.

"I think (I could be the missing link). That's up to Ross and the coaches, I suppose as to whether he wants me up forward or in the midfield, that's entirely up to him.

Re: Lovett a Saint

In the last three seasons these are the players to be picked up in the 15-17 range, perhaps giving some idea what player Essendon could land.

15 Mitch Brown
16 Ryan Shoemakers
17 Sam Blease

15 Robert Tarrant
16 Matthew Lobbe
17 Harry Taylor

15 Daniel O'Keefe
16 Mitch Brown
17 Shaun Hampson

So it is a caculated gamble from St. Kilda. Essendon could land a Harry Taylor or a Shoemakers or they could draft a Lobbe or Daniel O'Keefe.

Proof that Mitch Brown is so good that he was drafted twice:D

Re: Lovett a Saint

LMAO....beter check the age on Riewoldt,Kosi, Dal, Montagna, Gilbert, Fisher, Goddard.........not tomention Armo, Jack Steven, McEvoy,Heyne and Lynch to top up..........think that windows open a little longer.........:D
If you guys had've had Lovett in the GF in Raph Clark's position you would have won.

I can't believe how many people think Essendon have won this trade easily. I would have thought St Kilda would be pretty happy themselves.

I think Lovett will be a devastating proposition in a good team/midfield. Sure he is a front runner, but if you surround those guys with stars then they are worth their weight in gold (e.g. Headland at Brisbane). Everyone was going on about how they need finishers and guys with pace etc., now people carry on like Lovett is useless and won't help. Not sure if people want to accept how good he is when on song.

Pick 16 is being massively overrated by some people, chances are Essendon (or St Kilda if they kept it) will select someone who turns out to be a dud. And St Kilda's time is now, Pick 16 is extremely unlikely to help them out much winning a flag. Whereas Lovett could be the difference. Well worth the risk.

Pick 16 is starting to look pretty bloody good to me.

Football ability is always the primary factor, but attitude and discipline have to be part of the equation, and we are probably not as privy to such insight on that. Was always going to be a high risk/high reward for the Saints with Lovett. Looks like it may not pan out. Such a waste to see people throw their talent away.

You little BEAUTY!
m7eBZmZM4pk2tygc54fSwOCmo1_500.jpg

Essendon will win by a Mile if Saints Sack Lovett

While I admit that we would have lost out in the trade let's not forget that the Bombers didn't actually use pick 16. They traded it for Mark Williams.

Now far be it from me to look into the future but Mark Williams body hasn't been the most reliable over the last couple of seasons and he could just as easily play no games for the Dons.

Now Hawthorn would be happy because they moved pick 16 on to Port for Burgoyne. This is however the same Burgoyne that has been MORE injury prone than the previously mention Williams.

So really if there is going to be a winner out of all of this it's Port who managed to nab McMillan-Pittard with the pick that was thrown around for Lovett.

Good work Port :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I admit that we would have lost out in the trade let's not forget that the Bombers didn't actually use pick 16. They traded it for Mark Williams.

Now far be it from me to look into the future but Mark Williams body hasn't been the most reliable over the last couple of seasons and he could just as easily play no games for the Dons.

Now Hawthorn would be happy because they moved pick 16 on to Port for Burgoyne. This is however the same Burgoyne that has been MORE injury prone than the previously mention Williams.

So really if there is going to be a winner out of all of this it's Port who managed to nab McMillan-Pittard with the pick that was thrown around for Lovett.

And therefore the saints have lost out by not using pick 16 to draft a talented young kid rather than use it to trade for a talented but erratic player with a questionable attitude.

That is a whole different trade, and therefore non-relevent.

My point wasn't that St. Kilda have some how won.

If Lovett goes we have lost big time BUT everyone is saying well done Essendon on getting a first rounder. A first rounder they used to get Mark Williams who I would call a downgrade on Lovett in the last couple of years.

Yes he can get fit and be great but we don't know that.

Essendon haven't won the deal until the end of the season. If Williams finishes the season a better player than Lovett then they have won.

Til then it's all Port for picking up a young kid :thumbsu:

My point wasn't that St. Kilda have some how won.

If Lovett goes we have lost big time BUT everyone is saying well done Essendon on getting a first rounder. A first rounder they used to get Mark Williams who I would call a downgrade on Lovett in the last couple of years.

I'd say that if Mark Williams doesn't turn out, they they lost the Mark Williams trade.

In terms of extracting value in the specific Andy Lovett trade, receiving pick 16 may turn out to have been weighted heavily in Essendon's favour. What they chose to do with it is separate.

Essendon got Williams plus an extra second round pick. So, you have to take Williams plus either Colyer or Carlisle into account when determining the winner of any trade.

Just to explain. We got #16 for Lovett.

We then turned around and traded that pick + Nash (who we would have delisted) for Williams, #24 and #33 - i.e. a player we wanted plus two second round picks.

I believe at the trade table we did very very well.

"St Kilda has snared pacy Essendon wingman Andrew Lovett in a surprise trade on day two of trade week.
Lovett was today traded to St Kilda in a direct swap for the Saints’ first round draft pick"
:thumbsu:

I'd say that if Mark Williams doesn't turn out, they they lost the Mark Williams trade.

In terms of extracting value in the specific Andy Lovett trade, receiving pick 16 may turn out to have been weighted heavily in Essendon's favour. What they chose to do with it is separate.
Yep.
I believe your mob and Port were also (heavily) in the running for Lovett FWIW.

We got Williiams + a decent pick for Lovett... and more than market value (half a bag of Salt and vinegar chips) for Jay Nash. I'm pretty bloody happy.

He woulda been good with Fev ;)

Fev hasn't put a foot wrong since coming to Brisbane. :thumbsu:

Things at Carlton haven't improved however.

Fev's antics seem to have been a symptom, not the disease.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovett to Saints for Ist Round Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back