Lucky and Unlucky AA Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Hodge was very lucky to get into the side, no doubting that he is an elite player, but he only played 17 games (the least of all AA selections) and really didnt play most of the year in the backline

I agree to an extent.

I think due to his flexibility he'd have been well placed on the bench, to be honest.

for mine Hudghton was unlucky to miss but i really dunno who id tak out maybe harley. but i dont think anyone else really rates hudghton as much as the saints.............to bad AA is missing out

For those saying Steve Johnson was lucky, you need only listen to his selection speech. He summed it up perfectly. Stats wise he is just as good if not better than 2007, and played 6 more games this season. The fact is his 2007 season was under so much more scrutiny because of what he went through, the focus was on him and his good form got far more noteriety. This year he backed it up outstandingly, it's just that he slipped under the radar significantly more. Glad the selectors didn't fall into that trap.

Put your AA side in
My would be

Backs: Morris Scarlett S.Fisher

Half Backs:Hodge Bock Waite

Center: Bartel Corey Richardson

Half Forwards: Davis Riewoldt B.Harvey

Forwards: O'keefe Franklin Fevola

On-Ballers: Cox Ablett Cooney

Interchange: Petrie Thompson Harley Bradshaw

Share your thoughts

lucky: sandilands judds captaincy
unlucky: mitchell
why does this tigers fan have a picture of buddy
stupid

I'm going to go out on a bit of a limb and say Tom Harley was lucky. I know I'll get shot down by a horde of Geelong fans and the 'number 1 in marks from opposition kicks' stat they so love to use but having watched Geelong a fair bit this year when they've been on FTA, I can't think of a single game I've watched where I've thought wow 'Harley played a great game' or even that he was in their best handful of players. Just don't see how he's had an AA year.

Agree with this. There was some pump up articles towards the end of the year, and fresh in the selectors minds, they fell for it.

Chriss Judd definitly has to be the luckiest guy on the planet.

For him making the team is questionable and to be captain over Harley, Riewoldt, Pavlich is crap.

He'll probably get Brownlow votes in games he missed.

umm deer have you realised what chris judd has done to carlton without him thier they would have 4 wins and i think thats why he deserves to be captin and to be in the team now im a hawks sup and i even thik judd deserves to be thier insted of mitchell but i think cooney was a joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the 18 was pretty spot on a couple of lucky and unlucky players though. I though Harley was very lucky to make the side, and that Mitchell was very unlucky.

My change would have been:

Morris ... Scarlett ... Fisher
Enright ... Bock ... Hodge
Bartel ... Corey ... Richardson
Harvey ... Reiwoldt ... Johnson
Medhurst ... Franklin ... Fevola
Cox ... Ablett ... Mitchell

Sandilands ... Judd ... Pavlich ... Cooney

Bold are the changes.

Also i reckon that if there is really no stand out second ruckman, that they should not even worry about putting two ruckmen in the side, and put someone more deserving.

lucky: sandilands judds captaincy
unlucky: mitchell
why does this tigers fan have a picture of buddy
stupid

Just because he is the most exhilirating player to watch, can do anything and everytime he gets near it you don't know what to expect.

He has the ability to do thinks other players cant.

He is simply "Out of this world" so maybe can prduce alien like things :p

Just because he is the most exhilirating player to watch, can do anything and everytime he gets near it you don't know what to expect.

He has the ability to do thinks other players cant.

He is simply "Out of this world" so maybe can prduce alien like things :p
the funny thing is u could of got him twice but u chose TAMBLING hahahahahahah

Geez solid comeback there buddy.....you love your club so much, you have an opposition player as your pic.....good one mate....

also how many finals have seen......finishing ninth seems to be a trend down at punt road.....maybe you should finish last again so you can pick more spuds like turnover tambling

People hang it on Harley unmercifully for being named in the side playing the role he does. Sam Fisher plays the exact same role, and whilst I am not implying he is not a great footballer and shouldn't be in the side, he pads his stats by rarely having to worry about serious accountability, and yet he is lauded by all. Why? Tall- poppy syndrome perhaps? Both deserved their spots, and if you hang it on one, hang it on the other.

mate stop thinking about the past think towards now and the future u recruited crap tambling, oakley-nicholls and we have a prelim 2 lose on friday

You cant win a premiership until you recruit a FF or CHF

and while hawthorn & geelong are in there you wont

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucky and Unlucky AA Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back