Luke hodge= A poor mans Gary ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
in 2007 geelong won the premiership and managed to go on and make the next 2 grand finals and win a premiership.Their dominance does not appear to show any sign of ending soon and with most poeple of the opinion they will win a few more premierships yet with this group.

in 2008 hawthorn also won a premiership but have since struggled by not even making the finals in 2009 and not looking like seeing september action either in 2010 .

why have these 2 sides gone down such diffrent paths ? i have figurde out the answere.Its the indvidual briallance of the geelong players to be able to adapt to any role that is required of them and the best of them all is gary ablett .Luke hodge can play a brilliant role as the lose man in defence on the worst forward but hes not a brillaint player in anyones book and has failed to stand up when his club needed him so bad .

who has more
speed- ablett
strength- about the same
agility- ablett
skill by foot- ablett
skill by hand-ablett
ability to read the play-ablett
ability to win hard ball-ablett
better decision maker-ablett
better mark-the same
better defender-hodge
better forward -ablett

its like comparing the 07 and 09 cats against the 08 hawks,cats were a great team while the hawks had a great game plane but this got worked out much like luke hodge.

Every other player = a poor mans ablett.

Why bother comparing him to anyone :confused:

Every other player = a poor mans ablett.

Why bother comparing him to anyone :confused:

their is 1 other player that you could argue a case for him being just as good as ablett although he is a totaly diffrent player.Hes names mathew scarlett .We have 2 of the all time greats in this current geelong side, both would be in the top 20 players to ever play the game

their is 1 other player that you could argue a case for him being just as good as ablett although he is a totaly diffrent player.Hes names mathew scarlett .We have 2 of the all time greats in this current geelong side, both would be in the top 20 players to ever play the game
hehe, scarlett= top 20.. lol'd good one. :thumbsu:

there is 1 other player that you could argue a case for him being just as good as ablett although he is a totaly diffrent player. His names mathew scarlett .We have 2 of the all time greats in this current geelong side, both would be in the top 20 players to ever play the game

EFA for you....

I agree :thumbsu: but I still wouldn't compare ablett to scarlett. Totally different players ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge is a great player and the OP is just plain stupid. Apples for apples it's like saying Gary Ablett = A poor mans Sandy. Hardly comparable.

Well you cannot say Gary Ablett is comfortably the best player in the league, Judd is up there with him (no matter what you say about his occasional skill errors) as is Hodge ... and for the OP who i believe said hogde never stepped up when his team needed him... 2008 Norm Smith Medalist?? Gary Ablett hasnt won a Norm Smith.... so i could say he has never stood up when his team has needed him the most... but i wont .. because that is crap, he has performed on numerous occasions. So has hogde, and clearly you dont watch a lot of hawthorn OP otherwise you would probably rate hodge kicking skills higher than ablett's not talking about set shots or goals on the run but hodge can nail a 50 lace-out pass like a Drummond or a Hunt

2vl14ww.jpg

Well you cannot say Gary Ablett is comfortably the best player in the league, Judd is up there with him (no matter what you say about his occasional skill errors) as is Hodge ... and for the OP who i believe said hogde never stepped up when his team needed him... 2008 Norm Smith Medalist?? Gary Ablett hasnt won a Norm Smith.... so i could say he has never stood up when his team has needed him the most... but i wont .. because that is crap, he has performed on numerous occasions. So has hogde, and clearly you dont watch a lot of hawthorn OP otherwise you would probably rate hodge kicking skills higher than ablett's not talking about set shots or goals on the run but hodge can nail a 50 lace-out pass like a Drummond or a Hunt
Way to feck up a good troll puppet..

A poor man's Gary Ablett is such a good choice of words when you consider the rich men of Gold Coast will soon be paying Gazza $1 million a season more than the poor men of Geelong can afford.

Bahaha I would take hodge just for his loyalty and leadership over ablett anyday

not to mention he exels in areas of the game where gablett would only dream of

OR would you prefer to see hodgey skirt packs waiting for the 1,2,3 handballs

gazza is a dream team player not an afl one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back