Luke hodge= A poor mans Gary ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

who has more
speed- ablett
strength- Hodge
agility- ablett
skill by foot- Hodge
skill by hand- the same (Ablett the master of the handball, but Hodge can handball it as far as Ablett can kick)
ability to read the play- Hodge
ability to win hard ball- Hodge
better decision maker- Hodge
better mark- Hodge
better defender-hodge
better forward -ablett

Had to fix that for you.

Ablett has had 2 premierships and has been poor in both of them.

The only Grand Final he was any good in was in 2008 when he wasn't tagged.

Luke Hodge, 1 Grand Final, 1 Premiership, 1 BOG.

Ablett was very good in both wins, and excellent in the loss.

He was hopeless in 2007, slightly better in 2009 but still well beaten.

In 2008 he was good but got hurt on the rebound by his head to head opponent (Bateman, who had 2 goal assists and 1 goal).

Has never played well in a premiership, probably because you have to get an opponent in a Grand Final. It's more accountable footy.

The only time he went well was when Hawthorn didn't tag him, in the 2008 GF, but even then you can debate that Bateman actually beat him head to head.

Spin it whichever way you like Geelong_Crazy26 - just think how great Ablett going to look in a Gold Coast jumper next year!
Im sure you wont be on here speaking of the 'little masters' brilliance when you lose your best player and come to the realization that Geelong is quite simply a one man band.

Im sure his 39 soft/cheap touches at the back of the pack will sorely be missed.

Weasel signing off.

Spin it whichever way you like Geelong_Crazy26 - just think how great Ablett going to look in a Gold Coast jumper next year!
Im sure you wont be on here speaking of the 'little masters' brilliance when you lose your best player and come to the realization that Geelong is quite simply a one man band.

Im sure his 39 soft/cheap touches at the back of the pack will sorely be missed.

Can i just add also that Ablett more than likely lost his hair as Karma for putting his pecker inside a baby sheep.

Weasel signing off.

Shit post is shit - seriously worst post I have ever seen. WTF is wrong with you?

VXglR.png

Hahaha love it

Weasel signing off.

Oh dear. You need to decide which way you're going to skin the cat.

Hodge is overrated, good players yes, but hardly can be compared with Ablett.

spot on and just about every agrees that hodge is no where near as good as ablett.

how many times do we hear people in the media say ablett is the number 1 player in the game? how often do you hear people in the media say hodge is the best player in the afl ? dont think i have ever heard it

ablett has won the last 3 mvp player awards , hodge has none.

last year in the herald sun footy survey the largest survey their is on afl football ablett was votted the best player in the game by over 50% of respondets , the next best was judd with about 10%

warning what i am about to say will make hawthorn supporters so angry they will not sleep tonight
ablett vs hodge
the media choose= ablett :)
the players choose=ablett:)
the fans choose =ablett:)

You appear as if you believe you are the first to proclaim Ablett is the best in the league.

He has been for the past three years. We get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spot on and just about every agrees that hodge is no where near as good as ablett.

how many times do we hear people in the media say ablett is the number 1 player in the game? how often do you hear people in the media say hodge is the best player in the afl ? dont think i have ever heard it

ablett has won the last 3 mvp player awards , hodge has none.

last year in the herald sun footy survey the largest survey their is on afl football ablett was votted the best player in the game by over 50% of respondets , the next best was judd with about 10%

warning what i am about to say will make hawthorn supporters so angry they will not sleep tonight
ablett vs hodge
the media choose= ablett :)
the players choose=ablett:)
the fans choose =ablett:)

OK, you can have the game's best player

We'll take the 2008 flag

Soon you'll have neither

OK, you can have the game's best player

We'll take the 2008 flag

Soon you'll have neither

and well take the 2007 and 2009 flags.See i can always out do you its whats so great about being a geelong supporter .Every supporter worships their players because they are their heros.I can put your heros down because my heros are simply better:)

and well take the 2007 and 2009 flags.See i can always out do you its whats so great about being a geelong supporter .Every supporter worships their players because they are their heros.I can put your heros down because my heros are simply better:)

You can always be one upped.

This team got to 8 Grand Finals in 9 years and won 5 of them.

hawks1390_14dj963.jpg

This bloke is undisputedly the greatest player of all time.

leigh-matthews-5925816.jpg

And so on.

You can always be one upped.

This team got to 8 Grand Finals in 9 years and won 5 of them.

hawks1390_14dj963.jpg

This bloke is undisputedly the greatest player of all time.

leigh-matthews-5925816.jpg

And so on.

premierships that were won in amature league just dont mean anywhere near as much as profesional premierships that are won today.You would trade all your old premierships for the flag this year.Winning a premiership these days is just an amzing feeling thats hard to describe

Ablett has had 2 premierships and has been poor in both of them.

The only Grand Final he was any good in was in 2008 when he wasn't tagged.

Luke Hodge, 1 Grand Final, 1 Premiership, 1 BOG.

It must just grate on you Podgey.

Ablett was close to being the difference in the second half last year. While most of the others were going up and down in the one spot, Ablett was breaking lines and surging forwards.

premierships that were won in amature league just dont mean anywhere near as much as profesional premierships that are won today.You would trade all your old premierships for the flag this year.Winning a premiership these days is just an amzing feeling thats hard to describe

dont be stupid, 5 premierships and 8 GFs in 9 years is amazing... this geelong team could definately not be considered greater than that after 3 GFs and 2 Premierships in 3 years (and probably another GF this year)

dont be stupid, 5 premierships and 8 GFs in 9 years is amazing... this geelong team could definately not be considered greater than that after 3 GFs and 2 Premierships in 3 years (and probably another GF this year)

It was amazing, but you've got to realise what the end result was after the golden run was over. Hawthorn going to the wall financially and almost merging with your sorry excuse for a club.

They were won in an era where clubs could spend money, whether they had it or not, and bring in players from everywhere.

West Coast in '92 and '94 is still the best feat for me, even if it did come at the expense of the club I follow.

Well you cannot say Gary Ablett is comfortably the best player in the league, Judd is up there with him (no matter what you say about his occasional skill errors) as is Hodge ... and for the OP who i believe said hogde never stepped up when his team needed him... 2008 Norm Smith Medalist?? Gary Ablett hasnt won a Norm Smith.... so i could say he has never stood up when his team has needed him the most... but i wont .. because that is crap, he has performed on numerous occasions. So has hogde, and clearly you dont watch a lot of hawthorn OP otherwise you would probably rate hodge kicking skills higher than ablett's not talking about set shots or goals on the run but hodge can nail a 50 lace-out pass like a Drummond or a Hunt
bahaha, wtf.
your post shows how Clueless Melbourne supports are about all things football.
Luke Hodge only won in front of Ablett because the hawks as a team won on the day, alot of experts said Ablett deserved it in 2008.
Fail. the best thing is even with all your undeserved #1 draft picks Melbourne will always be a failure :eek:

How the would you know what it felt like to win flags in the 80's? 90's? 70's? :eek: etc.

Trust me, it's been much better watching my team win flags decade after decade. :rolleyes:

bahaha, wtf.
your post shows how Clueless Melbourne supports are about all things football.
Luke Hodge only won in front of Ablett because the hawks as a team won on the day, alot of experts said Ablett deserved it in 2008.

A lot of experts said Dane Swan would win the brownlow last year.

Swan > Ablett. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke hodge= A poor mans Gary ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back