Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

whats the difference between jackson and the cerra deal?
maybe in the kelly deal, freo didnt have the trade currency/didn't want him for the price.
The cerra deal is much more applicable. He wanted to come, we had the money but not the draft currency.

Freo had all the currency offered him more $ than wce and offered us a higher pick but he refused to go there so we had to deal with his chosen club. Jackson isnt going to wce unless he wants to matter how much you might prefer to deal with them.

Freo had the draft currency AND the money AND wanted Kelly for that price. But guess what. None of that matters because he DIDN'T WANT TO GO THERE.

Cerra situation they had the money but they weren't prepared to pay the draft currency required so he couldn't nominate them bc they wouldn't have been committed to getting the deal done for that price, whereas Carlton were committed to it.
yeah. but that's the same as freo. they don't have the draft currency to, as you say, 'weren't prepared to pay the draft currency required'.

Freo had the draft currency AND the money AND wanted Kelly for that price. But guess what. None of that matters because he DIDN'T WANT TO GO THERE.

Cerra situation they had the money but they weren't prepared to pay the draft currency required so he couldn't nominate them bc they wouldn't have been committed to getting the deal done for that price, whereas Carlton were committed to it.

Lol correct. On what planet do the clubs have a say / make the decision for a player?

They should be! But they don’t. That’s the reality.

Lol correct. On what planet do the clubs have a say / make the decision for a player?

They should be! But they don’t. That’s the reality.
If they were getting several million dollars a year then absolutely the club should have a say since relocating on that sort of budget is a lot easier. Having to move your whole life around at the drop of a hat when you're on like 300k a year is a different story.

Won't come to Freo to be backup to Darcy for his whole career, won't go to West Coast to be with a bottom rung team

Only reasonable option is signing a deal with the Dees, expect it to get done either 4/5 weeks before finals or in the post season

Jesus Christ mate.

Jackson would almost certainly put Freo over the line for a flag.

As long as you don't give up any of your young guns, you do whatever it takes to get him to Freo.

This obsession with draft picks is irrelevant for a club in Freo's position.

Seize the day.
Point is though that this idea of Teens Picks and Lobb just aint gonna get it done. So we would be losing a player or players like Young or Serong Etc. Do I wanna see that. Nope

Cal Twomey said this morning west coast actually cannot currently trade their first round pick (pick 1/2). rules around how many first round picks you have to use over a period of time. So if they want Jackson, they’d effectively have to trade to get more first rounders in.

(Sorry if this is a captain obvious moment)

Point is though that this idea of Teens Picks and Lobb just aint gonna get it done. So we would be losing a player or players like Young or Serong Etc. Do I wanna see that. Nope
Teen picks and Lobb (or the picks Lobb is traded for) would get it done push come to shove

Teen picks and Lobb (or the picks Lobb is traded for) would get it done push come to shove
I mean Lobb is pretty good but are we really gonna receive a good pick for him come trade time? He 29 odd. What is the best he can get us? A high end second?

I mean im no expert but if im Melbourne I wouldnt trade Jackson for 2 x Picks 14-18 and a high end second :s

Won't come to Freo to be backup to Darcy for his whole career, won't go to West Coast to be with a bottom rung team

Only reasonable option is signing a deal with the Dees, expect it to get done either 4/5 weeks before finals or in the post season

Nailed it.

He really has the best of both worlds. Can stay with Melbourne for 4 years while they are in their premiership window then go home on a big money deal as they come down and the Eagles emerge from their rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got no idea if he is an ITK fan, but it does seem to me that the rumblings about Jackson to Freo are getting louder in the last couple of weeks.

It's definitely in play now.
Freo starting to look like a legit flag threat is a real game changer here imo.
Lol Freo got picks 2 and 18 for Jeff White

Got no idea if he is an ITK fan, but it does seem to me that the rumblings about Jackson to Freo are getting louder in the last couple of weeks.

It's definitely in play now.
Freo starting to look like a legit flag threat is a real game changer here imo.

Where has there been rumblings? Random twitter dude isn't rumblings.

I mean Lobb is pretty good but are we really gonna receive a good pick for him come trade time? He 29 odd. What is the best he can get us? A high end second?

I mean im no expert but if im Melbourne I wouldnt trade Jackson for 2 x Picks 14-18 and a high end second :s
If the roles were reversed would you accept 2 x picks 14-18 and Ben Brown for Andrew Brayshaw? No.

And as good as Brayshaw is, Jackson is more valuable due to his position and scope.

It's massive double standards.

Now that English is staying with the dogs, the WCE are gonna come super hard for Jackson! Good luck freo trying to convince him to a) get out of melbourne, b) knock back WCE's likely bigger offer c) accept that he'll be #2 ruck behind Darcy for 6+ years and d) trying to deal with Melbourne while we will be wanting to work with WCE who have proper draft capital.

Unlucky freo but it's not happening. You don't deserve him if you think you can get him without coughing up a top 14 pick lol

Now that English is staying with the dogs, the WCE are gonna come super hard for Jackson! Good luck freo trying to convince him to a) get out of melbourne, b) knock back WCE's likely bigger offer c) accept that he'll be #2 ruck behind Darcy for 6+ years and d) trying to deal with Melbourne while we will be wanting to work with WCE who have proper draft capital.

Unlucky freo but it's not happening. You don't deserve him if you think you can get him without coughing up a top 14 pick lol
I just wanted to mention mate. Eagles cannot trade their first round pick this year without getting another back. I wonder how easy this will be :S

If the roles were reversed would you accept 2 x picks 14-18 and Ben Brown for Andrew Brayshaw? No.

And as good as Brayshaw is, Jackson is more valuable due to his position and scope.

It's massive double standards.
That was my point mate. He's worth more than that

I just wanted to mention mate. Eagles cannot trade their first round pick this year without getting another back. I wonder how easy this will be :S
How easy is it to trade the most in demand pick in the draft (potentially pick 1) for 2 first rounders? Easy! Every club would be interested in pick 1. say pick 5 and a future first. Pick 6 and 9. Anything. There's a million ways it can be done. They'd have a million offers too.

How easy is it to trade the most in demand pick in the draft (potentially pick 1) for 2 first rounders? Easy! Every club would be interested in pick 1. say pick 5 and a future first. Pick 6 and 9. Anything. There's a million ways it can be done. They'd have a million offers too.
You are right here! Will be interesting mate. For what its worth I think he stays. Eagles would be stupid to give up the price he is worth right now. Especially in a rebuild

I'll preface by staying I think he stays

Good luck getting a team to trade pick 1, Eagles won't do it

What are you on about? if Jackson wants to leave the Dees and chooses Freo thats where he’ll end up unless you send him to the draft of course and get nothing for him it won’t be a bidding war mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back