Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Freo don’t have a lot to offer for Jackson.

Both from the same draft. Both rising star winners.

Melbourne would only target Serong if Jackson is leaving for Freo.

Serong requests a trade to Melbourne and Freo say they want a separate trade?
You sure are talking about Serong a lot on a thread about Luke Jackson, of course if he requested a trade Freo would consider it - but keep in mind Jackson's contract situation, it's looking incredibly likely that West Coast will get pick 1 in the PSD and Melbourne will be sweet out of luck.

Freo will trade futures and whatever they get for lobb. Doubt a player will be involved. Serong is not requesting a trade.
We are talking hypotheticals here. Jackson hasn’t requested a trade either.

If he does Melbourne will target Serong.
If Serong then requests a trade to Melbourne I think it would be wise of the clubs to do that deal.

You sure are talking about Serong a lot on a thread about Luke Jackson, of course if he requested a trade Freo would consider it - but keep in mind Jackson's contract situation, it's looking incredibly likely that West Coast will get pick 1 in the PSD and Melbourne will be sweet out of luck.
It’s a discussion I joined in on, I didn’t bring Serong up. He was brought up as part of the trade for Jackson hence discussing him on the Jackson thread

We are talking hypotheticals here. Jackson hasn’t requested a trade either.

If he does Melbourne will target Serong.
If Serong then requests a trade to Melbourne I think it would be wise of the clubs to do that deal.
Realistically if Jackson does request a trade to Fremantle then we should have the currency to get the trade done in picks. Melbourne could hold out and then he could basically go to the eagles for nothing via PSD if they do get the spoon.

Realistically if Jackson does request a trade to Fremantle then we should have the currency to get the trade done in picks. Melbourne could hold out and then he could basically go to the eagles for nothing via PSD if they do get the spoon.
Pick 3 that wins the rising star, I don’t Freo do have the trade currency at the moment was unless it involves players (possibly in other trades to obtain the currency)

How often do players enter the pre season draft because a trade doesn’t get done. Jackson will be a star, Freo ain’t going to let him walk to their rival for nothing.

Pick 3 that wins the rising star, I don’t Freo do have the trade currency at the moment was unless it involves players (possibly in other trades to obtain the currency)

How often do players enter the pre season draft because a trade doesn’t get done. Jackson will be a star, Freo ain’t going to let him walk to their rival for nothing.
A first and future first with lobb as a stop gap should get it done

I agree. Some of the numbers regarding his value, and the superlatives sent his way by some media/fans are ridiculous for an alright 2nd ruck and handy-ish forward.
He started the season on fire and that's where all the dialogue started. He's been pretty average since but the potential is there. Not even close to sean Darcy's level at the moment

A first and future first with lobb as a stop gap should get it done
Pick 1 and pick 18 are both firsts. They are not the same thing. Saying firsts is too broad of an answer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 1 and pick 18 are both firsts. They are not the same thing. Saying firsts is too broad of an answer
Have a look at the ladder that's a pretty fair indicator of where the firsts will be. Two late teens. You have to accept you will get unders if he decides to leave now bc he's ooc.

Have a look at the ladder that's a pretty fair indicator of where the firsts will be. Two late teens. You have to accept you will get unders if he decides to leave now bc he's ooc.
Think Freo will have to upgrade this years first into the top 10. I’m sure West Coast will give up their first pick and a second

What wce will give up is irrelevant if LJ does not want to go there.
Players can be talked around when they are told the club they have chosen doesn’t have the trade assets, there is another option.

Players can be talked around when they are told the club they have chosen doesn’t have the trade assets, there is another option.

Pending the $$$ matching between the clubs.

Not sure someone is getting talked around too quickly if the wage gap is significant.

Pending the $$$ matching between the clubs.

Not sure someone is getting talked around too quickly if the wage gap is significant.
You’d think when presented with the opportunity to get a top talented player in you’re going find the $$$ to satisfy the player, especially if you’re not contending at the moment

Lol - you are dreaming if you think 2 picks in the teens will be enough. You got pick 6 for Cerra who is no where near the level of Jackson.

Lol - you are dreaming if you think 2 picks in the teens will be enough. You got pick 6 for Cerra who is no where near the level of Jackson.
If we had pick 6 we'd be giving that and more for Jackson. We can only give what we have and if melb don't like that they risk losing him for nothing. I'm sure they'd rather take two picks in the teens than nothing.

If we had pick 6 we'd be giving that and more for Jackson. We can only give what we have and if melb don't like that they risk losing him for nothing. I'm sure they'd rather take two picks in the teens than nothing.
You will need to find it and if he picks Freo - I am sure you will.

Maybe just swap Brayshaw and throw in a 2nd rounder.

I'm sure the crossing of the threshold from value based on potential into value based on output will occur during the offseason between Melbourne and his time starting at Fremantle if he moves clubs.

Currently, on output, he is worth the same as Rory Lobb - but Lobb is contracted.

Meanwhile there is a club right next door who have no AFL level ruckman.

You will need to find it and if he picks Freo - I am sure you will.

Maybe just swap Brayshaw and throw in a 2nd rounder.
Do you think this trade might just be slightly overvaluing Jackson a little bit.

Brayshaw is 22 and equal 2nd in the coaches votes. Brayshaw is performing as a top 5 mid in the comp this year, why are we paying for Jackson as if he's guaranteed to be the best player in the league for a decade which is surely the only way you'd chuck in a 2nd rounder on top of a 22 yo top 5 mid...

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back