Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are we paying this campaigner a million year and 2 first rounders again?

Peter Bell and David Walls got some explaining to do.
Fair to say I rated Jackson most accurately on this thread all along. He was producing this level of footy at the dees but many freo fans seemingly weren't watching closely. Freo won the trade comfortably and dees got screwed over at the trade table. He's already one of your best players and didn't cough up a pick in the top 13 for him. Bargain.

19 disposals, 4 marks, 1 contested mark, 15 hitouts and one goal.

He had a decent game, but you'd think he was the reincarnation of Polly Farmer or Simon Madden the way Freo supporters now reference him.

I'm convinced you've never seen him play before.

Grundy also had 19 disposals, 4 marks, 3 contested marks, 20 hitouts and one goal. But his was just an average game.
I thought Grundy played pretty well tbh

Anyway, let's add some other stats
Dogga
Clearances 8 (our highest)
I50 5 (4th highest)
Centre clearances 3
Score involvements 7

Grundy
Clearances 2
I50 3
Centre clearances 1
Score involvements 5

I rated grundys game today but Dogga was having an impact game, things were happening

I thought Grundy played pretty well tbh

Anyway, let's add some other stats
Dogga
Clearances 8 (our highest)
I50 5 (4th highest)
Centre clearances 3
Score involvements 7

Grundy
Clearances 2
I50 3
Centre clearances 1
Score involvements 5

I rated grundys game today but Dogga was having an impact game, things were happening
Jackson played mid for a reasonable portion of the game, hence the clearance numbers.

But I agree, he played well.

Jackson played mid for a reasonable portion of the game, hence the clearance numbers.

But I agree, he played well.
I know he played mid, it doesn't change the stats, you were the one that brought up grundy's stats so I painted an overall picture

I don't rate Jackson in the ruck, I like him as the utility, ofc he will take his 20% when needed but IMO we didn't buy him to be a ruckman (and tbh that's been the messaging all the way through, they see multiple roles for him)

I know he played mid, it doesn't change the stats, you were the one that brought up grundy's stats so I painted an overall picture

I don't rate Jackson in the ruck, I like him as the utility, ofc he will take his 20% when needed but IMO we didn't buy him to be a ruckman (and tbh that's been the messaging all the way through, they see multiple roles for him)
The point is that Grundy played a very similar game and wasn't lauded, while Jackson's game is considered to be almost extraordinary by Freo fans.

Freo fans either think Jackson is hopeless or the next coming of Christ.

You're a collective bunch of fools.

The point is that Grundy played a very similar game and wasn't lauded, while Jackson's game is considered to be almost extraordinary by Freo fans.

Freo fans either think Jackson is hopeless or the next coming of Christ.

You're a collective bunch of fools.
Statistically Jackson's game was brilliant though

And the impact for someone who was playing his old team and had to cover for our best player over the past month (maybe 2nd after brayshaw) who went out with a hammy

Fans are getting excited though because he hasn't played a bad game in over a month and that's great for a young tall who the majority of fans were expecting to take a couple more years

Statistically Jackson's game was brilliant though

And the impact for someone who was playing his old team and had to cover for our best player over the past month (maybe 2nd after brayshaw) who went out with a hammy

Fans are getting excited though because he hasn't played a bad game in over a month and that's great for a young tall who the majority of fans were expecting to take a couple more years
No, it wasn't ''brilliant''.

And as I've said, you guys are dunces when it comes to previously watching him play.

I suspect you're collectively bipolar.

No, it wasn't ''brilliant''.

And as I've said, you guys are dunces when it comes to previously watching him play.

I suspect you're collectively bipolar.
Well it was

19 touches, 8 clearances, 7 score involvements, a goal

You keep saying we haven't watched him play but the blokes kicked 13 already this year, it's been half a season, his best return before that was 16 from 24 games

He is playing better than at the dees, hate to break the news to you

Before you say "he's playing forward not ruck" I should remind you who he was playing behind at Melbourne, just a 6x AA ruckman, so we know who was playing first ruck there

Maybe we had seen him at Melbourne and you haven't been watching him at Freo? Instead of a whole supporter base getting it wrong, there may be a possibility that you have?

Well it was

19 touches, 8 clearances, 7 score involvements, a goal

You keep saying we haven't watched him play but the blokes kicked 13 already this year, it's been half a season, his best return before that was 16 from 24 games

He is playing better than at the dees, hate to break the news to you

Before you say "he's playing forward not ruck" I should remind you who he was playing behind at Melbourne, just a 6x AA ruckman, so we know who was playing first ruck there

Maybe we had seen him at Melbourne and you haven't been watching him at Freo? Instead of a whole supporter base getting it wrong, there may be a possibility that you have?
I've seen him and of course you'd expect him to improve.

He'll be better in 4 years than he is today.

There's no in between with Freo fans.

Can I get an Amen. A lot of posters here were talking up Griffin Logue and talking down Luke Jackson...well fair to say a bit of egg on their face.

And whilst Ginbey has been good for WCE, Jackson would've been perfect for their list build too.
I have no memory of what I was pointing out here but I think we agree?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep,
Danster was right.

Not sure how Melbourne fans could be that mad with Jackson anyway. He won them a flag & had some really nice things to say in his post game interview.

If you had your time over, you’d still pick him up again because of 2022. You also wouldn’t force him to go to WC because that would be cruel and no way to repay 2022.

Can I get an Amen. A lot of posters here were talking up Griffin Logue and talking down Luke Jackson...well fair to say a bit of egg on their face.

And whilst Ginbey has been good for WCE, Jackson would've been perfect for their list build too.
The cost wasn't Ginbey for Jackson, it was Ginbey and Hewitt (and potentially another pick) for Jackson. The cost was simply too high and we needed more than just one player in a position of less need to rebuild our list. And I have said all the way through this thread that Jackson is a star, will be a star and it would have been great to have him at the Eagles, but the timing was just way off.

The cost wasn't Ginbey for Jackson, it was Ginbey and Hewitt (and potentially another pick) for Jackson. The cost was simply too high and we needed more than just one player in a position of less need to rebuild our list. And I have said all the way through this thread that Jackson is a star, will be a star and it would have been great to have him at the Eagles, but the timing was just way off.
Also the facts are that dogga never wanted to go to wce, bit harsh for people to lay into wce here when he was never any chance

Also the facts are that dogga never wanted to go to wce, bit harsh for people to lay into wce here when he was never any chance
He was a chance. WCE and Dees were chatting deep into trade week. It was just that wce weren't willing to part ways with pick 2. It could be costly. Only time will tell.

But honestly, freo fans were saying Jackson was 'only potential' and hadn't showed anything, was only a 2nd ruck, etc. where are they? But in the same breath wanting a first rounder for Griffin Logue etc. Anyway, they seem very content with Jackson's output and now the narrative is about trading Darcy. How quickly things change. But I always knew his worth and never changed.

He was obviously a chance. WCE and Dees were chatting deep into trade week. It was just that wce weren't willing to part ways with pick 2. It could be costly. Only time will tell.

But honestly, freo fans were saying Jackson was only potential and hadn't showed anything, was only a 2nd ruck, etc. where are they? But in the same breath wanting a first rounder for Griffin Logue etc. Anyway, they seem very content with Jackson's output and now the narrative is about trading Darcy. How quickly things change. But I always knew his worth and never changed.
Jackson was as much chance to go wce as Tim Kelly was to come to Fremantle

Jackson was potential, we are seeing some very good signs already, I'm surprised he already has 13 goals this season, thought it would take a bit longer to get there, he is developing at a nice pace, I expect his form to taper throughout the season

Not sure what's wrong with wanting a first rounder for Griff? He was worth that, you do realise we still paid 2 firsts for dogga? Aka more than Griff?

Yep,
Danster was right.

Not sure how Melbourne fans could be that mad with Jackson anyway. He won them a flag & had some really nice things to say in his post game interview.

If you had your time over, you’d still pick him up again because of 2022. You also wouldn’t force him to go to WC because that would be cruel and no way to repay 2022.
Thank you Purple Suit. Only took about 6 months of copping it daily to finally have Jackson confirm my belief in him. And he isn't even solo ruck yet. That's the scary thing!

The reason I don't like him though is for the way he de-railed our 2022 season. It was a massive distraction. And then to be out of contract and to deal with Peter Bell who is historically very hard to deal with and copping unders for Jackson hurt a lot and will hurt us for years to come. Especially with Grundy as his replacement who has been underwhelming imo. The only positive is that we didn't lose Pickett as well as that would've meant a full rebuild.

Anyway, enjoy Jackson for the next decade. He's a ripper.

Thank you Purple Suit. Only took about 6 months of copping it daily to finally have Jackson confirm my belief in him. And he isn't even solo ruck yet. That's the scary thing!

The reason I don't like him though is for the way he de-railed our 2022 season. It was a massive distraction. And then to be out of contract and to deal with Peter Bell who is historically very hard to deal with and copping unders for Jackson hurt a lot and will hurt us for years to come. Especially with Grundy as his replacement who has been underwhelming imo. The only positive is that we didn't lose Pickett as well as that would've meant a full rebuild.

Won't play ruck at Freo, he looks much better as a utility

Bell gave you overs for hogan so it can't be too bad

This trade might not be a win for us yet, depends how we finish the season

Sorry, I mean 2021. Covid merges all the years together a bit.

3 firsts Danster? 😅 I think even us Fremantle supporters are getting a little worried at the form now :s
Told ya :p you must be pretty happy with what you gave up. So much for all of the freo fans who said he was only a 2nd ruck etc. He is much more than that and he is showing exactly that right now. Fair to say he was worth 3 firsts after all.

View attachment 1721215

3.1 with 6 marks tonight, hopefully The Worst puts up a new calculation tomorrow. Not sure there is anything more news worthy after today's games.

Melbourne should probably ask for a priority pick for getting shafted during this trade.

#danster168wasright
I appreciate the bump :) Where are the freo fans that said he was only a 2nd ruck etc? He was only potential etc.? They clearly didn't do their homework. Many freo fans with eggs on their faces but are enjoying the fruits of free agency. He's playing well. I'm still waiting for Polo342 :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back