Confirmed Luke Parker - traded with Jacob Konstanty to North Melbourne for pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

So we can assume he's at Sydney again next year now, listening to Twomey surely is one way to put a nail in this one.

Mm I know it’s fun and games to criticise journalists and all their claims/misses, but you’re picking the wrong target with Twomey. He’s pretty good.

Mm I know it’s fun and games to criticise journalists and all their claims/misses, but you’re picking the wrong target with Twomey. He’s pretty good.

At picking a first round a day before a draft yes he is.

Whatever Adams cost us last year is the best guideline you could get

Pick 33 last year would be close to equivalent of 40 this year in a stronger draft
Sounds about right. We'll start by offering 58, and knowing Rawlings, it will be one of those two but with an obscure exchange of future picks thrown in to confuse everyone.

Pick 40 sounds about right and wouldn't be surprised if the Swans traded it overnight between draft days or before the selection to get better value for next year with a decent academy class coming through

I have a gut feeling that he will ask for a trade, especially so if we get up on Saturday.
After what happened in the Grand Final l think he's out. He looked like he is realising he wont win a GF with the Swans and maybe now is chasing the money and more years of playing. l see him nominating North in a few days time...

After what happened in the Grand Final l think he's out. He looked like he is realising he wont win a GF with the Swans and maybe now is chasing the money and more years of playing. l see him nominating North in a few days time...
I think all Swans fans will be heart broken that he will go but its better for the team. Take the pick 40 that they offer and they should go and draft another pressure forward

Pick 40 in a deep
draft? Please.

Future 3rd or 4th - Probable.
58 - very Likely.
64 - Likely.

Don't think he'll have too many issues in not turning up to that Morgue, next season. We offer a different styled morgue.

Sydney would rather a future 3rd to be fair and North would rather give that up. Seems a no brainer. I know North will think its overs but future picks just hold less currency when it comes to trades. A future 3rd is more or less pick 50 odd in actual value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney would rather a future 3rd to be fair and North would rather give that up. Seems a no brainer. I know North will think its overs but future picks just hold less currency when it comes to trades. A future 3rd is more or less pick 50 odd in actual value
Problem with giving up future picks for this Luke Parker trade is then stops north from trading away F1
I think they find another suitable pick or will be a swap of picks like swans 4th for Norths 3rd in 2025

Sheezel certainly enjoyed Parker's 4th quarter goals. Was cheering them on from the stands.

LOL the game was well and truly over when Parker kicked those goals the Lions players were celebrating on the ground already. He is well past his best and would be a poor recruit for North.

LOL the game was well and truly over when Parker kicked those goals the Lions players were celebrating on the ground already. He is well past his best and would be a poor recruit for North.

I don't think anyone expects a 32 year old Luke Parker to produce his best in 2025.

He can still be a valuable contributor to the club, both on the field and off it.

Parker is exactly what north need. Still as hard as they come and can at least help drive culture and standards at the club .

Expect nothing more than a throw away pick , north are doing the swans a favour by taking his 700k+ off the books.

North get an experienced leader and hard body to help their kids coming through , swans shed some unnecessary cap expenditure and Luke gets to finish his stellar career with some dignity.

Win win win

North getting Parker and Darling is hilariously bad.
Depends on your expectations. I don’t think they’re bringing them in expecting that they will instantly march up the ladder. Culture setters. Role models. Leaders. Anything you get out of them on the field is a bonus

Crazy to think Luke Parker is a free agent until 2025.

If he was out of contract this season, easy to get him.

Him and Reid are the last blokes from the Sydney Swans 2012 flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Luke Parker - traded with Jacob Konstanty to North Melbourne for pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Back