Player Watch #?: Luke Parker - Welcome to North Melbourne - Konstanty and Parker traded for Pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

It's interesting that when West Coast forced us to pay more years ago by making an early bid everyone blamed Simmo for it. Yet here when Swans are acting like absolute dicks everyone blames some new list manager instead of pointing the finger at their coach, a once favourite son of our club who is meant to be mates with Clarko too by the way.

It's interesting that when West Coast forced us to pay more years ago by making an early bid everyone blamed Simmo for it. Yet here when Swans are acting like absolute dicks everyone blames some new list manager instead of pointing the finger at a once favourite son of our club who is meant to be mates with Clarko too by the way.
Be like me and blame both clubs

44 is fair for Luke.

We got Pick 30 for Shaun Higgins

Not sure hanging onto a third round pick inspires me with too much confidence. With very few exceptions, we couldn't hit a barn door after pick 25.
Geelong overpaying for Higgins doesn't mean a thing. He was at the end physically and it showed.

If this and other deals don't get done, it's because we are hopefully finally showing some spine in trade negotiations.

If that and our general unattractiveness to the players market at the moment mean we don't get much done, so be it. We hit the draft with what we have and keep improving.

It will turn eventually, and in the meantime we're not a (Gold Coast) soft touch - particularly for recruiting players who are unlikely to be part of our next premiership tilt even if they would be handy for the journey up.

We'd all love to be trading in guns for late picks, but alas. Either way, 95% of the progress will be made by the current group just stepping the hell up.

If this and other deals don't get done, it's because we are hopefully finally showing some spine in trade negotiations.

If that and our general unattractiveness to the players market at the moment mean we don't get much done, so be it. We hit the draft with what we have and keep improving.

It will turn eventually, and in the meantime we're not a (Gold Coast) soft touch - particularly for recruiting players who are unlikely to be part of our next premiership tilt even if they would be handy for the journey up.

We'd all love to be trading in guns for late picks, but alas. Either way, 95% of the progress will be made by the current group just stepping the hell up.
wait till shez and wardlaw start hitting their prime, we will be knocking back players waning to come over for the silver service.

So what do you propose we offer?
What about adding our F3 to our Pick#62 for Parker...l know Sydney are looking at our Pick #44 but this is how the 2 offers add up ?

Pick #44 = 362 points

Pick #62 = 123 points +
F3 from 483 points finishing 18th
603 Points

To

Pick #62 = 123 points +
Finishing 10th 333 points
456 points

Surely these are a far better offer for Sydney to get Parker than just #44

Which would currently leave us with just two decent picks in the draft. We could offer 44 provided we either split our pick 2 or F1. Otherwise we would prefer to offer F3 to the Swans
I honestly think that pick 44 is what it will take . Not sure they would take a future third

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly think that pick 44 is what it will take . Not sure they would take a future third
There are lots of options but at the end of the day if that's what it takes I am sure we will do it

Pick 44 imo
The way the Swans behave, a 32 year old that they got for pick 40 and was not best 22 early in the season has suddenly increased in value after 293 games and declaring he wants to leave.

We may have better luck trading for the mysterious pick 50 that Port held out for to get the Houston deal over the line.

3 years of Luke Parker including his experience and respect he will bring is worth pick 44 if that is what it takes. Gambling on an young kid at pick 44 is always a risk. Its just a matter of who blinks first between the 2 clubs although I think Sydney are being very disrespectful to a great of their club.

3 years of Luke Parker including his experience and respect he will bring is worth pick 44 if that is what it takes. Gambling on an young kid at pick 44 is always a risk. Its just a matter of who blinks first between the 2 clubs although I think Sydney are being very disrespectful to a great of their club.
Given the Darling and Parker deals are quite comparable, allowing a decorated player to extend their career it feels like the Eagles were able to do this with dignity for their player.

The Swans should actually be ashamed of this.

Given the Darling and Parker deals are quite comparable, allowing a decorated player to extend their career it feels like the Eagles were able to do this with dignity for their player.

Swans ashamed?? There hasn’t been a club with their knob polished more in the history of the game. They are used to getting handouts, or things “just going their way”. It’s no coincidence they are clowns.

3 years of Luke Parker including his experience and respect he will bring is worth pick 44 if that is what it takes. Gambling on a young kid at pick 44 is always a risk. Its just a matter of who blinks first between the 2 clubs although I think Sydney are being very disrespectful to a great of their club.
You trade the future 3rd not 44

Parker is actually wanted at Sydney, and Sydney are in the midst of a flag tilt. He's with a bit more than Darling.

Our notion that they're obliged to just give us a wanted player for peanuts (pick 62) because he's old is ludicrous.

So is their notion that he's worth pick 25.

Both of these things are true. When clubs were sniffing around Higgo we'd be livid if they dug their heels in and offered a pick in the 60s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Luke Parker - Welcome to North Melbourne - Konstanty and Parker traded for Pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Back