Player Watch #?: Luke Parker - Welcome to North Melbourne - Konstanty and Parker traded for Pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

We Got Him GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After reading this thread now I have this mental image of LP turning up to his first training in sunnies, thongs, a suspiciously tight summer T and half a dozen maccas bags spilling out of the car door when he opens it. 'What's up my fellow....ah...(squints at a player) kangaroosh...'. Takes a first step, collapses blind drunk and an excited squeal is heard from the bushes as Barret texts his soul bro korn dawg with the latest scoop.

I think the last seven years may have damaged me.

Do you guys think there's a chance he may already have been offered the captaincy as a way to lure him over?

Captain or not he's a great leader who'll lift standards on and off the field.

All of this does feel like it'll drag our baseline upward a bit.

Darling up forward to train hard and teach the other lads that being a forward isn't just about spectacular marks and scratching your arse when the other team get the ball. Ok so he may or may not be physically cooked but if he has two legs and a functioning motor, he'll probably get the second defender, and that's worth its weight when you have fifteen 188cm tweeners who want a defender they can outmark. Teakle is a good stationary marker, but he doesn't do much else.

Parker to provide hardness and two-way effort in midfield, along with the monumental leadership.

Daniel to do what I've already posted in his thread. Maybe he'll add leadership, I've got no idea to be honest, but a natural flanker has been a need since Goater's injury and Bergman's stagnation. It's an important role we've neglected since... what, Kingy?

Konstanty, I'm not optimistic on, as there's not much to get excited about with a small defensively minded forward who hasn't lit it up at all at VFL level, but I'm hardly going to write him off before seeing him play.

All put together, it's difficult to hate. I look at it and think our 3 wins this year becomes 6 if we had em on the team. And what we need more than any player from the 2024 'superdraft' is wins. Now

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Luke Parker - Welcome to North Melbourne - Konstanty and Parker traded for Pick 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Back