Make Patty Mills our new No. 1 Ticket Holder!

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree 100% Ley Ley absolute superstar. Deserves No 1 crows ticket for many years to come. As a player Number 1 for 80+ weeks. Dual Davis cup winner, dual grand slam winner. Only Lost slam finals to best ever federer. Made 3rd/4th round this year beating Raonic & taking set off the Joke. Greatest ever davis cup player for australia in matches and wins. Bleeds for his country. Wears his crows cap to ATP & Slam media conferences. French reporters ask "who is crows"
Hear Hear!!!! :thumbsu:

Watch the Eddie McGuire Tonight repeat that's on at 3:30 on Fox Footy - you might learn something

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/boomer-favours-crows/story-e6frecj3-1225876816549

737354-pn-image-sport-patty-mills.jpg

Watch the Eddie McGuire Tonight repeat that's on at 3:30 on Fox Footy - you might learn something
Unfortunately I don't have Foxtel, so I don't know what he said - can you please elaborate? Seems like he may support both teams to varying extents, and I'm not surprised by the Hawthorn link, as he was in the rooms chatting to Josh Gibson and Jordan Lewis prior to one of the bigger Friday/Saturday night matches this year.

Having said that, I too think the No.1 ticketholder thing is a bit of a folly, particularly for a club that represents such a large geographical area. I don't like Lleyton as despite his achievements he is a nasty bloke, but there's no pressing need to replace him right now.

I know he is mates with a few of the Hawks players and they may have gone after him at one stage, but he certainly doesn't support them, as the article above shows.

This is pretty clear cut I would have thought:
THE Crows are getting big-time exposure in the US thanks to NBA basketballer Patrick Mills.
The 21-year-old Aussie point guard is a fanatical Adelaide supporter...

Maybe some is mistaking Joe Ingles with Patrick Mills. Not physically but in terms of location as Joe Ingles is a HUGE hawks supporter and best mates with Jarrod Roughhead.

And mills had dinner with clarko to add to the confusion. Don't think I'd put mills in the "fanatical supporter" category, but it's nice to jump aboard your old team when you come home and they're flying.

Mills, superstar. Great bloke to boot. Loves the Crows. People might be getting confused with his talks with the Hawks back in the day football wise meaning he supported them. He doesn't, he loves the Crows!
Interesting story how he ended up with basketball over footy. He was at the point in his life where he had to make a decision about footy vs basketball. Didn't get offered a Basketball scholarship at the AIS so he went to pursue footy. However someone pulled out of the basketball scholarship and he got to take the last spot, thereby effectily ending his football career before it started. The particular player that pulled out of the Basketball scholarship went on to have a great footy career, that player was Scott Pendlebury. Classic sliding doors.

Mills, superstar.
Stopped reading there. If you think Mills is a superstar, I'd guess you rate Symes as a superstar?
Rarely get games and when he does they both are bench warmers.

Stopped reading there. If you think Mills is a superstar, I'd guess you rate Symes as a superstar?
Not many basketballers can claim to have broken the Olympic scoring record...

If has another good year he could find himself around the mark for a #6 spot at a team with a decent contract in 2013-2014. Maybe not a superstar yet, but he has the potential to be pretty bloody good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second best player from Australia to be in the 'A... Even if he is bench fodder for the Spurs, his exposure is better than Lleyton because of being in the best league in the world whilst dominating in the Olympics for a mediocre team!

Second best player from Australia to be in the 'A... Even if he is bench fodder for the Spurs, his exposure is better than Lleyton because of being in the best league in the world whilst dominating in the Olympics for a mediocre team!
And the best player is constantly broken into several different pieces.

Not many basketballers can claim to have broken the Olympic scoring record...

If has another good year he could find himself around the mark for a #6 spot at a team with a decent contract in 2013-2014. Maybe not a superstar yet, but he has the potential to be pretty bloody good.
207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

As for the topic, anyone would be better than Hewitt!

Patrick did fantastic for Australia at the games but he has a long way to go before becoming an NBA starter or 6th man.

He has Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Danny Green and Gary Neal in from of him for court time. I hope he does get the court time he deserves but he may need to be traded to a lower team to get more court time.

He should have used free agency to find more court time.

Australia has produced no more dogged competitor, no mentally stronger individual than Lleyton.

The emotionally intelligent among us would stand in unison in having Lleyton as our number one ticket holder. Throw that sort of physical hardship before any of his detractors and they would wilt like the pea hearts they are. Understand it and reassess. The man is a champion and should take the bloody number one ticket holding position to the grave.

Australia has produced no more dogged competitor, no mentally stronger individual than Lleyton.

The emotionally intelligent among us would stand in unison in having Lleyton as our number one ticket holder. Throw that sort of physical hardship before any of his detractors and they would wilt like the pea hearts they are. Understand it and reassess. The man is a champion and should take the bloody number one ticket holding position to the grave.

Lleyton is a battler, who battled his way to #1 at a time when Men's tennis was at a low ebb. He's also an unpleasant human being, a selfish man, partly responsible for the most destabilising feud our club has ever seen, and deeply polarising amongst the community. Aside from which, his career as a professional athlete is now all but over.

Keeping him as our number one ticket holder is the opposite of emotional intelligence.

Lleyton is a battler, who battled his way to #1 at a time when Men's tennis was at a low ebb. He's also an unpleasant human being, a selfish man, partly responsible for the most destabilising feud our club has ever seen, and deeply polarising amongst the community. Aside from which, his career as a professional athlete is now all but over.

Keeping him as our number one ticket holder is the opposite of emotional intelligence.

Disagree.

yeah a battler who spent 2ish years as the best tennis player in the world. what a spud to absolutely pants Sampras in the final of his home slam. he'd have won the aus open aswell if Safin handnt chosen that year to try.

Hewitt is seriously misunderstood. i'm not saying he's the greatest bloke in the world and sure he's not the most polished media performer.

what has he ever done to deserve the hate he gets?

and if anyone really cares about who a teams number 1 ticket holder is, it shouldnt be Mills.

i like the guy, and will defend his olympic chucking against anyone. but he's just an average basketballer that likes the crows.

has he ever been to AAMI Stadium?

Cant have too many Pattys!

But on a more serious note, since there are four or five good suggestions for No 1. Ticket Holder and since someone said we cover a broad geographic and demographic supporter base, why not have five No 1. Ticket holders!

Yes, I can here the rationalists say you can only have 1 number 1, but hey, this isnt a maths comp, its marketing and there's no god of No 1. ticket holdership that would make you burn in hell for doing this.

Cant have too many Pattys!

But on a more serious note, since there are four or five good suggestions for No 1. Ticket Holder and since someone said we cover a broad geographic and demographic supporter base, why not have five No 1. Ticket holders!

Yes, I can here the rationalists say you can only have 1 number 1, but hey, this isnt a maths comp, its marketing and there's no god of No 1. ticket holdership that would make you burn in hell for doing this.

yeah you're probably right, but we would have to come up with a better name for them. because 5 number 1 ticket holders would look pretty silly.

how about calling them Crow Ambassadors or something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Make Patty Mills our new No. 1 Ticket Holder!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back