Make the 8 and anything can happen

After Rounds 11 (WCE), 12 (Haw) and 13 (Rich) the Crows will sit

• 3 wins, 1 draw, 9 losses

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Result last night and tonight have just added to the logjam behind the top two. Means more clubs to climb over in the run home, need to win three more than a host of other clubs to now make finals

That first month of the season with our vanilla midfield is going to cost us, but Nicks has another two years after this failed campaign to make finals before his contract expires!

Result last night and tonight have just added to the logjam behind the top two. Means more clubs to climb over in the run home, need to win three more than a host of other clubs to now make finals

That first month of the season with our vanilla midfield is going to cost us, but Nicks has another two years after this failed campaign to make finals before his contract expires!

If we can beat Hawthorn and Richmond, Freo lose to Melbourne and Collingwood lose to Melbourne - we could go into the bye week a half game out of the 8 with Rankine to come back and the momentum of winning 6 of the last 9 (including a draw).

Getting 1 win from 5 games that were decided by a goal or less hurts.

If we’d beaten Collingwood at the G, a win today would’ve put us ahead of them on the ladder.

But we bottled it, so back to normal programming.

I just updated mine and have Port missing out with 14 wins. When I first did it about 3 rounds ago 13 wins missed out. Surely it won't stay like that.
Most recent one I did have port in 8th, I gave us a few wins, even ones I thought we could lose and still had us missing. I reckon there is zero chance we make it

Most recent one I did have port in 8th, I gave us a few wins, even ones I thought we could lose and still had us missing. I reckon there is zero chance we make it

Issue is what our direct competitors for 7th-8th are doing. Little way to go, but it's not just our wins that matter. Unless we go on an almight winning streak, but that's probably beyond a team that sits around the 6-10 mark. Brisbane could get their krud together and do it, doubt we've got the talent just yet.

I've got us beating Hawks, Tigers, Giants, Saints, Hawks, Dogs and Port and we finish 14th. And 4 of those are loseable, but we'll probably start favourites or close to it. It's just not going to happen.

I just updated mine and have Port missing out with 14 wins. When I first did it about 3 rounds ago 13 wins missed out. Surely it won't stay like that.
It's fairly improbable that anyone with 14 wins misses out, though obviously it's mathematically possible. 8th place is probably 13-10 or 13-1-9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So i think we need to up whatever offer mcluggage is being offered at brisbane..if its a million a year offer him 1.5million a year. We HAVE to get an a grade mid in free agency. Then finish as low as we can to draft a top end mid this year. Sack nicks and replace obrien somehow. That will give us a fighting chance next year

This has been the worst thread on Big Footy for a number of weeks. Can the mods please shut it down?

To be any chance we would need 8 wins from our last 11.
Looking at who we play in those 11 games shows the season is now over. Swans twice, GWS here, Brisbane @ Gabba, Essendon @ Marvel, Hawks, Dogs, Port here - we're finally done, thank God for that.

Need to play and develop kids to also ensure we get a high pick. You're safe with another two years Nicks so do what's right for this clubs future.

Looking at who we play in those 11 games shows the season is now over. Swans twice, GWS here, Brisbane @ Gabba, Essendon @ Marvel, Hawks, Dogs, Port here - we're finally done, thank God for that.

Need to play and develop kids to also ensure we get a high pick. You're safe with another two years Nicks so do what's right for this clubs future.

I think we will beat Richmond which will unfortunately mean the club will claim our season is back alive.

I think we will beat Richmond which will unfortunately mean the club will claim our season is back alive.

We win ugly over Richmond and then could also beat Sydney in a shock upset, then the bye arrives, hopes are high and then GWS comes into town and derails those hopes fast. The season goes back into a free fall. We don't have a great recent history after byes.

We will never play every week like the way we played the showdown.

A few other teams have this problem like the Western Bulldogs and Gold Coast Suns. Their best can beat anybody and their worst is forgettable.

A good team (like Geelong 2022) is fully focussed to the task every week. Every player is switched on and when things go well the players enjoy the game. But those teams from 9-14, there are always going to be a few that have the talent to play finals but unfortunately go missing at times throughout the season.

You know how this will play out. We will have a few late "honorable" (pointless) late season wins that will see us finish around 11th/12th and miss out on a Draper type who will most likely be drafted in the top 5.

I often wonder if we finished last in 2021 we would have drafted JHF. Would he have stayed? We were so close.

I don't think the club is writing anything off before the bye. That will be the time to take stock and plan a different approach for the second half of the year, if in fact that is a chance of happening.

If we beat Richmond and Sydney obviously they'll continue pushing for finals. If we lose to Sydney, which looks very likely as I'm not sure anyone is really beating them, I could see them deciding it's a writeoff at 5-1-8 and looking to next year. That would be the prudent choice anyway.

Don't think that's happening until we see the Sydney result though.

Back