Malthouse prevented player revolt in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Dicky Fitzwell

Eddie made no mistake. If it wasn't for the succession plan then Mick probably wouldn't have bothered and we probably wouldn't have won in 2010. As for Mick and Collingwood, that is now history as far as I'm concerned. I'm very thankful for what he delivered to our great club but I've moved on and so should he. He's at the Blues now so I'm getting a bit sick of him and Collingwood constantly being referred to in the same article. He's at the Blues and Buckley is at Collingwood.

Also, why this is even being mentioned now is beyond me. I've lost all respect I had for Mick after the way he carried on.

and this is breaking news o_O

I think even GWS supporters have caught onto the fact Collingwood were fighting with each other for most of the year.
Big ego's squabbling over pay rises will always be a recipe for disaster.

It's funny, because Malthouse barely did better in 2011 than Buckley did in 2012 at the end of the day. Obviously neither team won the flag, which is the main measure of success. Both sides got outplayed in the Prelim. We were lucky to escape from that Prelim against Hawthorn with a win.

I still smile when I think how the magnificent Collingwood machine - which appeared to be on the verge of a genuine era of dominance - was wrecked by poor little North offering Nathan Buckley a coaching gig.

Then you have no concept of reality/modern football

Their biggest strength was the gameplan and how it was executed. That made them a machine. Withing 12 months it had been figured out.

Yes you need a good list but that still shows with a top 4 finish this year and being in the mix next year on paper at this stage.

Maybe collingwood enjoy the idea that Eddie going to sydney all those years ago resulted in the shakeup of the footy show - giving James brayUNshaw the exposure and platform to turn NMFC into a boys club and run the place sideways

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 blokes requested trades and one of your best players had a club imposed suspension during the latter part of the year.

Dawes had his nuts clipped you peanut. Requested a trade after the fact.

Wellingham got offered more dollars and another year + return home. Probably for the best, only loser in this deal is Buddy's ring - no longer the cleanest in melbourne now sharrod is rimming masten or ash smith

Watching Collingwood slide under Buckley is great to see and must be tearing at Eddie's mind bigtime. Eddie wanted it all and is going to end up with nothing :thumbsu:
I wouldn't say that...

618231-eddie-mcguire.jpg

I love Mick, but honestly, he has to find a way to let it go.

So he got dumped for the younger, prettier ex girlfriend.

Shit happens. Time to move on.

Also surprised at how quickly Collingwood supporters have turned on him. He turned your club from a shithole to one of the most respected sides in the competition. Showing a tiny bit of class and respect wouldn't hurt.

Thats a guess, not a fact. I could easily say he didn't enjoy playing in the ruck and wanted out to concentrate on being a fwd which was where the previous coach played him with better success.

Well he had 2 years to run on a contract and collingwood showed zero resistance to keeping him, encouraged him to speak to other teams and finalised a trade with melbourne within 2 trade days of him nominating them as his preference.

Also surprised at how quickly Collingwood supporters have turned on him. He turned your club from a shithole to one of the most respected sides in the competition. Showing a tiny bit of class and respect wouldn't hurt.

Give me 12 years and an open chequebook and I think I could wrangle you a single AFL premiership.

Look at the way Buckley berates his own players from the box when they stuff up. You think they don't see that. Classic example of a very talented figjam player who will NEVER make it as a coach, even inheriting a premiership side at the best resourced club in the comp.

I still smile when I think how the magnificent Collingwood machine - which appeared to be on the verge of a genuine era of dominance - was wrecked by poor little North offering Nathan Buckley a coaching gig.
If what happens at Collingwood makes you smile, you need to take a trip down to that sheep station at Arden Street and compare the two clubs. Fair dinkum, you still don't have a CEO, you roll out the 'shineboner spirit' crap when ever you win, but it disappears at the first chance you get smashed in the finals, your greatest ever player single handedly wrote himself into the history books at North for life with his off field behaviour and you smile Collingwood?
If you have a smile at us, you must be rolling over with laughter on how team even exists in the AFL.

Look at the way Buckley berates his own players from the box when they stuff up. You think they don't see that. Classic example of a very talented figjam player who will NEVER make it as a coach, even inheriting a premiership side at the best resourced club in the comp.

It wouldn't surprise me if Collingwood employed a behavioral psychologist to keep tabs on Buckleys interactions with the players.

Eddie identifies strongly with Buckley because they are both zealots. This is never going to transfer broadly to a group of 18-30 year old males.

Well he had 2 years to run on a contract and collingwood showed zero resistance to keeping him, encouraged him to speak to other teams and finalised a trade with melbourne within 2 trade days of him nominating them as his preference.

Just because FA signings happened before trades began doesnt mean things worked in that order. Collingwood signing Lynch could of easily been because Dawes had already indicated he wanted out.

If what happens at Collingwood makes you smile, you need to take a trip down to that sheep station at Arden Street and compare the two clubs. Fair dinkum, you still don't have a CEO, you roll out the 'shineboner spirit' crap when ever you win, but it disappears at the first chance you get smashed in the finals, your greatest ever player single handedly wrote himself into the history books at North for life with his off field behaviour and you smile Collingwood?
If you have a smile at us, you must be rolling over with laughter on how team even exists in the AFL.

To be honest, it was that it happened to Collingwood per se. More that Buckley the figjam again revealed himself to be a figjam flog.

I hate Buckley becase he lied to us and shafted us in the early 90s.

I actually don't miund Ciollingwood overall, got a lot of time for Eddie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse prevented player revolt in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back