Malthouse prevented player revolt in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

The way it stands now Bucks has earned the respect of the Footy public this year....

How can you claim to speak on behalf of "the footy public"? Keep your delusions to yourself.

Buckley inherited a top two side that did not achieve a top two finish. He failed.

How can you claim to speak on behalf of "the footy public"? Keep your delusions to yourself.

Buckley inherited a top two side that did not achieve a top two finish. He failed.
I was talking about his conduct during the trying circumstances, both on and off the field.

You shouldn't be mentioning the word delusion ever unless you're referring to yourself, mr laughing stock of bigfooty/sack North administration NAOW lolol

Look at the way Buckley berates his own players from the box when they stuff up. You think they don't see that. Classic example of a very talented figjam player who will NEVER make it as a coach, even inheriting a premiership side at the best resourced club in the comp.

Stop the presses,coach gets cranky at player in coaching box during game of football:rolleyes:.

Guess Clarkson will never do any well with hawthorn with your mentality?

Well one thing that article proved is that Christi Malthouse has spent far too much time reading Mills & Boon;

"They loved Mick, they needed Mick, and they weren't prepared to stand back and do nothing as he was replaced.

"Mick's heart thumped inside his chest and echoed in his mind. 'What an amazing gesture,' he thought. But what a disaster it would be."
Her next book;
'Rhonda & Ketut, the love story that must be told.'

Stop the presses,coach gets cranky at player in coaching box during game of football:rolleyes:.

Guess Clarkson will never do any well with hawthorn with your mentality?

Clarkson has desperately underachieved despite having a hugely talented group at his disposal, yes.

If he doesn't get at least one more flag from this group, then it is a huge squandering of opportunity.

No, they had the best players (according to the media/everyone). Sydney had the best team.

Precisely. Collingwood's greatest success came when it had the best team. I remember watching that 2010 side tear North apart twice (both times over 100 points I think) and realising how far we had to go - they were such a brilliantly well drilled unit.

Now it has a collection of individuals - Cloke sooking about money, Swanny obviously in the good paddock off field, blokes leaving. It takes a very long time to build such a machine, but it can be destroyed very quickly.

And given the culture is presided over by a man who always put Nathan first, this is to be expected.

Collingwood went from a 'team' to a collection of the most talented individuals in the game in 2011, under Malthouse. Buckley simply inherited it, he wasn't the one who got it away from what they did so well in 2010.

They were winning games in 2011 simply on talent. The forward press was non existent, they abandoned the ethos they largely used in 2010.

Buckley has had his year of analyzing the list. Unlike the likes of James Hird and Brad Scott, he has instructed his list mangers to shake the place up.

Would that have happened without Figjam taking up Eddie's panicked offer?

Really, I'm being a bit harsh on figjam here. Figjam just did what Figjams.

The real villain - which is sad because I like him otherwise - is Eddie. Couldn't bear the thought of golden boy Bucks at another club, so sabotaged a perfectly good arrangement accordingly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would that have happened without Figjam taking up Eddie's panicked offer?

As a North fan, I'd be more concerned about players lining up to leave North and Brad Scott, after a ceiling of 8th and an abysmal finals performance against WC.

I doubt Collingwood would have saluted in 2010 without the succession plan.

As a North fan, I'd be more concerned about players lining up to leave North and Brad Scott, after a ceiling of 8th.

I doubt Collingwood would have saluted in 2010 without the succession plan.

Oh no, our seconds players are leaving. Anyway, I'd be more concerned if I was Hawthorn that I just lost a senior player to a direct competitor in an area they need.

Wellingham going to the Eagles and Young to the Pies means you've fallen back while those two havens trengthened themselves or maintained position.

Buckley did do good last year, all things considered. being his first year, a whole new coaching support structure.

If the player revolt thing is true

On another note did anyone think the quality of writing in the excerpts was akin to that of a goosebumps novel?

Also I bet there was no thought of a petition after Micks appalling performance in the 2011 GF

Buckley has had his year of analyzing the list. Unlike the likes of James Hird and Brad Scott, he has instructed his list mangers to shake the place up.

Scott has drafted in 13 players, rookied 9 players, upgraded 3 rookies, traded out 2 players and traded in 3 players in the three seasons prior to this trading period.

This equates to 10 players movements per season. North will have at least as many movements again in 2012. You are clueless.

Oh no, our seconds players are leaving. Anyway, I'd be more concerned if I was Hawthorn that I just lost a senior player to a direct competitor in an area they need.

Hawthorns concerns aren't immediate. The approaching cliff is still 3-4 years away.

The premiership window only has another 2 years. This is their most pressing current issue.

Buckley did do good last year, all things considered. being his first year, a whole new coaching support structure.

If the player revolt thing is true

If Buckley "did well" what do you call Chris Scott's first year?

You have to draft in a min of 3 players in the draft every year so drafting in 13 players in 3 drafts is hardly 'shaking' the place up. When you factor in retirements, it is simply sticking with the status quo.

2 x retirees: Adam Simpson and Brady Rawlings

Extremely happy to have Bucks on board as coach for the long term.

The Malthouse coached Pies were looking out of ideas and easy to coach against by the end of 2011. We were still trying to shrug off old habits in 2012 while being thereabouts with our usual G&D.

Buckley's only mistake was trying to implement the much needed gameplan changes too soon in 2011 and didn't fully realise the lack of footskills on our list as Malthouse had effectively only drafted strong bodied contested players. Bucks reverted back to a gameplan resembling our old one and we got found out in the Finals again as expected.

His trade and free agency moves are a clear sign he is looking to bring in new players to put his stamp on the club as one that plays fast and attacking skilful footy (just like he did) and not the round the boundary, long ball and tackle style which is all Malthouse had in the kit bag.

Extremely happy to have Bucks on board as coach for the long term.

The Malthouse coached Pies were looking out of ideas and easy to coach against by the end of 2011. We were still trying to shrug off old habits in 2012 while being thereabouts with our usual G&D.

Buckley's only mistake was trying to implement the much needed gameplan changes too soon in 2011 and didn't fully realise the lack of footskills on our list as Malthouse had effectively only drafted strong bodied contested players. Bucks reverted back to a gameplan resembling our old one and we got found out in the Finals again as expected.

His trade and free agency moves are a clear sign he is looking to bring in new players to put his stamp on the club as one that plays fast and attacking skilful footy (just like he did) and not the round the boundary, long ball and tackle style which is all Malthouse had in the kit bag.

The Malthouse coached Pies would never have got four early goals and then been comprehensively rolled they you were against us. No chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse prevented player revolt in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back