Mega Thread Malthouse, Trigg, the Players, Game plan - The Official 'Where is Carlton At" thread (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

We'd take Henderson in a heartbeat. Pick 9-12 sounds about right, too. Probably slight overs.

Henderson is 26 in December and Carlton's best established tall.

If they trade him then their spine will be:

B: Rowe (28)
HB: Jamison (29)
R: Wood (28)
HF: Casboult (25)
F: Jones (24)

Jaksch will eventually hold a key post, but he's only played 8 games.

They'd want to get a very good offer to consider letting Henderson go.

Take Judd out of our midfield and see how we go. Kennedy is 28 this year so won't be around when we are pushing for finals again so really pointless argument

Thats one way to look at it and why I was not overly concerned with losing Schultz to
Port as he could not help us for our next premiership due to age/output

Gibbs ( 2nd rounder) Murphy (late first round) yarran ( 2nd rounder) walker ( pick 40-50) kruezer (2nd rounder)

The problem with carlton is that they Always overrate there players... That's the reason why there in this position..

SOS has some work to do because it may well be 7 years if all goes well before they play finals

They deluded themselves for years thinking Hughes was anything other than a hack recruiter and they're now reaping the rewards of that arrogance.

Their player development is a joke as well.

Please show me any serious Carlton supporter that thought that Hughes was anything but a dud recruiter.

Gibbs ( 2nd rounder) Murphy (late first round) yarran ( 2nd rounder) walker ( pick 40-50) kruezer (2nd rounder)

The problem with carlton is that they Always overrate there players... That's the reason why there in this position..

SOS has some work to do because it may well be 7 years if all goes well before they play finals

No chance lol

No chance lol

The fact u think u will get more for those players is the reason why u are were u are..

Stop overrating them because they were first round picks doesn't mean they have lived up to that..

Murphy is the only player I would give a first round pick for.. And it would be a late first rounder.. The rest I actually don't rate & 2nd round is the best I would offer..

In fact I would rather go in the draft than have Gibbs yarran & walker in my team.. I certainly think they are average players

I ask the question how many all Australians have Murphy gibbs yarran kruezer walker had??

U don't give up high first round picks for players that aren't A graders

It pains me to say this however this is spot on.

The players mentioned may look good at Carlton, however the reality is they are playing alongside very average teammates, helping them look better than what they really are.

They are overrated by Carlton. These guys would be 2nd tier players at best if they were in Hawthorn, Freo or Swans jumpers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I turned to my brother in the 2nd quarter and said could you imagine the league with Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon as the best 3 teams?
maybe the league could manipulate the draw so those clubs get more exposure and prime time games, which in turn would lead to higher profits and give the other clubs less chance of being successful. Then the great all mighty 3 could rotate the premiership from here to eternity.
You are a visionary!

Yep! First major post by carlton supporter was like my "untouchables are" the proceeds to list half the team. :drunk:

No fire sale - two father and sons in Jack Silvagni and Bailey Rice will join the ranks in the off season along with our first rounder. Likely to trade one of our better players to get two picks in the top 15.. Stephen Silvagni will make the call on how it rolls out and we know SOS likes his high picks. Trigg is a decent list manager as well... will be an interesting off season for sure...

Please show me any serious Carlton supporter that thought that Hughes was anything but a dud recruiter.

Visit the Carlton board much? I only discovered it on Friday but just spent a day going back through old posts to see what people were saying from 2009 onwards. Many of changed their tune now (though those defending Hughes now defend Malthouse etc) but a lot of people on the Board were advocates for Hughes.

Pathetic post and stinks of sinking the boot in. The problem isn't over rating - it is crap drafting, weak development and crap coaching. Also consistently going for short term fixes.

Gibbs is worth a pick from 10-15. Close to AA last year and with a decent inside midfield group would be a silky finisher. Many impartial posters on this board have said the same.

Murphy is similar value if not maybe pick 8 onwards. Yarran is late first round perhaps even under 15 for the right club. Walker is top 25-35. Kruezer is based on potential a pick around 20-25.

Watching Gibbs last week, he looked almost disinterested. I'd agree he's worth a first round pick, but if his state of mind remains the same as it appears to be now, a second round might be the result.

Untouchable:

Henderson - because he's the only half decent tall we have
Cripps - future inside mid
Menzel - future gun
Docherty - future captain mid/def
Jaksch - future Key Position

The rest I'd absolutely trade for the right offer, which, for most, wouldn't be much. Gibbs, Murphy and Yarran are the only ones that might get a first rounder.

Murphy is similar value if not maybe pick 8 onwards. Yarran is late first round perhaps even under 15 for the right club. Walker is top 25-35. Kruezer is based on potential a pick around 20-25.

Carlton fans are cute.

Only at Carlton are players qualified for free agency rated on potential.

Should make a play for Jack Watts. You need tall forwards...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Malthouse, Trigg, the Players, Game plan - The Official 'Where is Carlton At" thread (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back