Marc Murphy/Josh Kennedy v Dale Thomas/Scott Pendlebury v Xavier Ellis/Beau Dowler

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Marc Murphy/Josh Kennedy v Dale Thomas/Scott Pendlebury v Xavier Ellis/Beau Dowle

They're beginning to hit their strides, but I still think it's too early to call. At this point, though, definitely Ellis and Dowler.

You would have to rate the Thomas/Pendelbury combination higher but not by a lot if you factor in that Kennedy is a KPP

Re: Marc Murphy/Josh Kennedy v Dale Thomas/Scott Pendlebury v Xavier Ellis/Beau Dowle

As did Mark Stevens in the HS.

I think I read similar from a couple of other sources, but maybe it was just the two?

cheers avatar, was just looking myself but completely forgot the journo that wrote it

I am a carlton supporter, would gladly take Thomas and Pendlebury even though they haven't been tested in a poor side yet like Murphy has.

Not so sure about that. They got drafted by a team that were coming off a 13th place and then a 15th place finish.

Is it just a coincidence that every year they have been at the club we have played finals?

Murphy is easily as good as Pendles. Being a premiership player doesn't make you great. Just means you play for a good side. Pendles is a very good player and so is Murphy. If you look at the stats for each in each of their years i am sure you can mount an argument for both of them. If Murph played in the grand final for Collingwood , you would have won just the same.

anyway Murph and Pendles are both great gets. Which leaves Josh K and Thomas. Up until last year thomas has been pretty average. Josh is a KPP and obviously needs a bit extra time. Thomas is a bit ahead again due to playing with a great side. Put Josh in Collingwoods side and he would be a gun.

So i personally would go for Josh and Murph. As it is easier to get a good midfileder than it is to get a good KPP

You take your big men out of your team you loose much more than taking out Pendles or Thomas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like there's still some delusion in this thread.

Murphy is not the equal of Pendles. He is moreso the equal of Thomas. Pendles is in the "arguably best midfielder in the competition category".

Kennedy is good but no an A-grader.

Thomas/Pendlebury combo in a canter. Inspired choices the both of them.

It is interesting that the thread was bumped after Pendlebury had a good anzac day game.

Maybe you could bring it back up when he has a bad one...errr, you might be waiting a while though.

Don't think it would make a difference anyhow.

Pendles has been amazing so far. But Murphy isn't that far behind him.

To suggests there is a massive gulf between them would be wrong. Pendles is ahead, but not by as much as some Pies supporters like to think.

They're both miles ahead of Thomas.

Zeke you bump a thread and then people disagree with your love child and you shoot them down, are you that insecure?

In saying all that, Pendlebury for me.

Please provide some form of evidence for this claim.

Combined Norm Smith medal votes 2010:

Hayes - 13
Thomas - 10
Pendlebury - 10
Sidebottom - 8
Goddard - 7
Swan, Jolly, Fisher, Maxwell, Ball, N Brown - 3 or less.

Thomas was the only one to poll in both GF's (6 and 4), with Lenny and Pendles amassing all votes in the one game. You could argue that an award that takes into account performance in both games would likely go to Thomas.

I'd take Thomas/Pendlebury slightly ahead of Murphy/Kennedy.

Pity about Dowler not making it, that pre-draft injury really was bad luck. He's in the EFL now and hopefully enjoying his footy.

All of Thomas, Pendlebury, and Ellis are dual premiership players on the MCG, well done boys :thumbsu:

Who is he playing for? Haven't heard anything about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Marc Murphy/Josh Kennedy v Dale Thomas/Scott Pendlebury v Xavier Ellis/Beau Dowler

Remove this Banner Ad

Back