No Oppo Supporters Marc Murphy unsportsmanlike

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I f****n love that it was the captain that was there first. Top shit Geary

I loved that it was Gears who was closest. I think as soon as everyone realised it was Gears flying the flag the rest of the side quickly obliged.

Love the camaraderie between Brown and Carlisle too. They seem inseparable before/after matches. What a combo they're becoming for us.

I loved that it was Gears who was closest. I think as soon as everyone realised it was Gears flying the flag the rest of the side quickly obliged.

Love the camaraderie between Brown and Carlisle too. They seem inseparable before/after matches. What a combo they're becoming for us.
When asked on stage at the SC who would take Buddy, they pointed to each other and had a laugh.

Both very well received by the Saints faithful

I was at the game and didn't know what Murphy did. But I saw the reaction of Geary and the other St Kilda lads. Clearly they knew what happened and they were not going to put up with a bar of it.

I just saw a replay of it. It didn't look good. At best, it appears Murphy has sledged an injured played who was vulnerable and incapacitated. And to think Murphy has the honour of being a club captain.

The reaction of the St Kilda players was instantaneous and volcanic. Whatever Murphy has done I'm sure it will be committed to memory for future reference.

The truth will be revealed in due course.

I was at the game and didn't know what Murphy did. But I saw the reaction of Geary and the other St Kilda lads. Clearly they knew what happened and they were not going to put up with a bar of it.

I just saw a replay of it. It didn't look good. At best, it appears Murphy has sledged an injured played who was vulnerable and incapacitated. And to think Murphy has the honour of being a club captain.

The reaction of the St Kilda players was instantaneous and volcanic. Whatever Murphy has done I'm sure it will be committed to memory for future reference.

The truth will be revealed in due course.

the way geary just went at him and the immediate reaction from gearys team mate to fly the flag with him... geeze we've got a great captain and leader

murphy on the other hand :thumbsdown:

Piss weak dog Murphy. Carlisle was on the deck for a minute and hadn't moved so all this s*** about 'Murphy didn't know he was injured' is bulls***.

Guarantee the weak pr*** wouldn't say a word to Carlisle if he was standing in front of him. Loved the way Geary went after him.

And then to not shake anyone's hand after the game, shows the type of person he really is. Gutless campaigner!

Huge over reaction imo

They could have a fisety history and all he did was say some words as he ran passed. Turns out he wasn't even injured anyway.

Didn't kick him while he was down or anything.

What are you thoughts on Murphy not shaking any STK players hands after the game?

What are you thoughts on Murphy not shaking any STK players hands after the game?

I'd say that is far worse than saying a few words to a player.

Was a good game besides that incident

I really enjoyed you guys bringing it through the middle early, I can't recall a team kicking to almost 50/50s in the guts so regularly, exciting footy and rewarding when you pull it off.

How do you compare Murphys actions of saying some words (no one even knows what they were) while Carlise was nursing a sore groin (painful but temporary), to that of Montagna bumping Curnow a few years back as he was trying to leave the field with an injured shoulder?

I know this is your board and not trying to be disrespectful, but I reckon there was a serious overreaction at the ground.

I've seen this comparison everywhere... how do you compare your reaction to that of Montagna then??? It's the exact same thing and blues gave Joey heaps for years, even bringing it up many years later...

And IIRC Montagna got suspended for that... and IIRC again there weren't too many saints fans upset with that - and if there were it was because of the Scott brothers and riewoldt before that that wouldve had us up in arms.

Also one bloke was motionless on the deck, one was running off the ground... let's not kid ourselves and pretend either Joey or Murphy knew what the injuries were at the time

Edit: I don't actually mind the words with Murphy either. Just the comparison is silly when blues fans are as guilty of everything they're accusing saints of being in this scenario.

But I also don't care about the booing either. Who cares? Riewoldt got booed for years when he was on top of his game. Who cares seriously

I've shared this on the Bay, hope you don't mind :thumbsu:
Hard to tell if it was just words or whether there was any spitting involved.

Regardless it was not what anyone would expect from an AFL captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GordonBlue take your tuerets like spiel back to your own board, you won't find any sympathy here, a lot of crap has been said, about 2% would be correct.

GordonBlue take your tuerets like spiel back to your own board, you won't find any sympathy here, a lot of crap has been said, about 2% would be correct.
What a flog for bitching on the opposition team forum. What did Marc Murphy do and what did he cry about Carlisle for. Sorry didn't see the match Saturday.

What a flog for bitching on the opposition team forum. What did Marc Murphy do and what did he cry about Carlisle for. Sorry didn't see the match Saturday.
there's a bit of conjecture but essentially Carlisle got hit and while he was prone Murphy walked over and either sledged him or spat on him. No confirmation either way. He then didn't shake hands at the end of the game.

Carlisle got absolutely crunched in a pack (I heard the huge slap from up in the stand) and went down super-hard and barely moved for about a minute: here is what I posted immediately in the game thread:
Carlisle very badly hurt

What are they saying happened to Carlisle? Went into the pack super-hard and I heard a huge slap and he went down and hardly moved for about a minute.

and Murphy ran up to him as he was still lying on the ground, basically not moving and potentially seriously hurt and lent over him and gave him a gobful.

One of the most gutless things you'd ever want to see on a football field. To give someone who's incapacitated like that an earful. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Can I just say i'm 99.99% sure no spitting happened. I was on level 2, in that pocket. Happened literally right in front of me.

You could see Murphy made a beeline for Carlisle as soon as he saw him lying on the ground motionless. Some thought he had done his knee, I thought he had been knocked out cold. Heart in your mouth stuff that turned into anger when Murphy came over to rub it in.

Carlisle got absolutely crunched in a pack (I heard the huge slap from up in the stand) and went down super-hard and barely moved for about a minute- looked like he was really seriously injured or hurt, here is what I posted immediately in the game thread: "Carlisle very badly hurt" and then "What are they saying happened to Carlisle? Went into the pack super-hard and I heard a huge slap and he went down and hardly moved for about a minute."-

and Murphy ran up to him as he was still lying on the ground basically not moving and lent over him and gave him a gobful.

One of the most gutless things you'd ever want to see on a football field. To give someone who's incapacitated like that an earful. :thumbsdown:
Yes extremely gutless even by Murphy's excellent ability to be a gutless pansy. What a floand if he got abused back he deserved it completely.

deleted post
Rofl here go puffer fish

What exactly did Carlisle say to poor hard done by murphy

Montagna didn't seek out murphy cause he went too far. How would you know that? You're clutching at straws to justify some seriously floggish behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back