Marcus Bontempelli - The next Big thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

It was really only a matter of time from day 1 for Bont

Why the **** did the Swans pass up on this kid? Did he slide? I thought the general consensus was that he was a top tier talent.

Dunkley senior had a falling out with the club I've heard. Jnr didn't want to go to Sydney. *

*I maybe wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About 18 months too late. Was BOG in two consecutive games in Round 1 and 2 last year as a 19 year old in his 17th and 18th games in wins over the Eagles and Tigers

He's not like Judd or Dangerfield or any of those players who rely on burst and explosiveness

He's a monstrous beast who will tackle you into the dirt before getting up with the ball, waltzing around two midfielders on his tippy toes before delivering the ball lace out through traffic.

and he is 20 years old

He is the one and only Bont

Yep, the very same. Which is saying something.

Well I disagree, though I'm clearly biased. Bont is a superstar already but people have insanely short memories. He was damn near invisible the previous game yet it's already been overlooked, yet you already declare him to be better than a peak Chris Judd (Juddy peaked in his early 20s).

What Bont has going for him is that hopefully, unlike Judd, he continues to improve deep into his career.

Well I disagree, though I'm clearly biased. Bont is a superstar already but people have insanely short memories. He was damn near invisible the previous game yet it's already been overlooked, yet you already declare him to be better than a peak Chris Judd (Juddy peaked in his early 20s).

What Bont has going for him is that hopefully, unlike Judd, he continues to improve deep into his career.

Yeah, Bont just seems a little more versatile, tbh, but splitting hairs I guess. Judd did seem to peak pretty early, but then again West Coast's power midfield was something else compared to Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcus Bontempelli - The next Big thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back