Marcus Bontempelli - The next Big thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

The kid is straight off a 1970s pub art poster, with the on field talent to back it up. Such composure and vision.

And they call Stringer the package!

Bont plays so much like the great Kouta did in his prime. Kouta was hampered by injury however Bont has the capability to reach great heights.

Genuine young star, 20 years old playing finals footy like that.

Probably better than Judd at this stage in his career, tbh.
I wouldn't go that far. Judd was electrifying at the beginning of his career. People forget just what a jet he was.

Bont is pretty special though. I think he's as classy and skilled as Scott Pendlebury only more physical, more athletic and more punishing and I rate Pendle's as one of the best players I've see wear black and white. Bontempelli is just a beast.

As a person who loves good football no matter who is playing it watching Bontempelli and Trealor tear it up when we played the Doggies the second time had me salivating at the spectacle. It had me going all Bruce McAvaney to be honest.

I wouldn't go that far. Judd was electrifying at the beginning of his career. People forget just what a jet he was.

Bont is pretty special though. I think he's as classy and skilled as Scott Pendlebury only more physical, more athletic and more punishing and I rate Pendle's as one of the best players I've see wear black and white. Bontempelli is just a beast.

As a person who loves good football no matter who is playing it watching Bontempelli and Trealor tear it up when we played the Doggies the second time had me salivating at the spectacle. It had me going all Bruce McAvaney to be honest.
Agree 100% about Juddy. You just can't compare anyone to him. The arent strength and explosiveness he displayed wasn't matched by anyone in the competition. Where Juddy ran away from stoppages with explosiveness. Bont dances around them. Would love to see Bont work on his speed. If he added that element to his game it would be awesome to watch.

Just on Andrew Dunkley, he had a falling out with the club after Roos essentially retired him when he thought he had another year left at the end of 2002. Hasn't been back to the club since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Bont thread? Haven't we already established hes going to be a good player, can we do up our zips now?

My pants have been around my ankles since late in the third quarter and will be remaining that way for at least a few days thank you.

St Kilda...

This must be tough. Billings over Bont

Wouldn't think many are losing sleep over it, hindsight is 20/20 and generally a very silly exercise when looking at drafts- really only the Dogs and Pies rated him that highly so full credit to them. Writing off Billings at this stage also is ridiculous, but Bont definitely a star and I loved his game last night.

Another Bont thread? Haven't we already established hes going to be a good player, can we do up our zips now?
1204335.gif

the thing about Bont, too, is that not only is he a goddamn superstar, but he's just so likable too, unlike so many good players. I have no idea, he may be a prick, but he seems like a chill dude who you'd expect to see strumming his guitar whilst smoking a blunt and picking up the hot chick at the party and yet not being a dick about it

Well don't think I have ever created threads to praise individual players. But this player is special. Considering the TRUE superstars are born on the biggest stage in the finals, Bontempelli is well on his way (in my opinion) to be the best player in the league. Big call I know but I reckon he's the next big thing. Great for Dogs fans either way because he has a gun regardless of my opinion or anyone else's.

sandra-sully-519728.jpg

Also coming up on the late news:

- Malcolm Turnbull has seized the Prime Ministership in a coup of the Liberal party caucus.
- Australian journalist Peter Greste has been released from an Egyptian prison after more than a year.
- And in international news we discuss the upcoming Brexit poll and what Brexit could mean for the UK.

Seriously, where the **** have you been for the last 18 months? I love it when people open threads only for the content of the post to clearly show that they don't watch footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcus Bontempelli - The next Big thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back