Marcus Bontempelli - The next Big thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

The steal and kick were exquisite, but the mark was regulation. Hodge was hopelessly out of position to contest. Caleb Daniel would have marked that. Some of you are getting all Bruce and Cyril.
Haha regulation mark...
I'll bomb one into 50 and see you go in a contest against hodge you absolute pipsqueak.

Lol

At you

Look at the position Hodge is in to contest the mark. he had no chance.

As for your challenge, round up the good bloke and a footy, I'll be down in 5.

The steal and kick were exquisite, but the mark was regulation. Hodge was hopelessly out of position to contest. Caleb Daniel would have marked that. Some of you are getting all Bruce and Cyril.
Lol you're joking aren't you? The reason Hodge fell on his face was because Bont put awesome body work on him, all while not taking his eyes off the football. Go ask your best player of all time Wayne Carey what he thinks of him.

Lol

At you

Look at the position Hodge is in to contest the mark. he had no chance.

As for your challenge, round up the good bloke and a footy, I'll be down in 5.
Not many people can put Hodge flat on his face while taking a mark and make it look so easy. And for someone to do it at that age is amazing. It was no wonder the commentators were going on about him while he was lining up for goal.

He probably won't ever win a Brownlow but his best games will be head turning

Seriously awesome player to watch. His size makes it awes fully difficult to match up on

He's not slow either .....covers the ground reasobaly well for someone his size

I know he's playing great footy atm.
Does anyone else get annoyed when people refer to him as ''THE BONT'' though?
I dunno why it bothers me but it does lol

We need charisma and characters in the game

That's what makes our game great ....if like to see more Nic names used to be honest ...if you ever spent any time at a footy club you'll realise most players are called by thier Nic names

It adds to the game not detract ....Nic Nat ....and if he takes a hanger it's "natttaaaaanuiiiii"

That's part of the enjoyment

Haha you really think Hird would be known as the best Bulldog ever if he played for our club ?
Each to their own, but in my opinion he would not be far off. Hird was one of the greatest players of all time. I'm no Bulldogs expert though - are you able to suggest who was a better player than Hird? I don't think we can say Bontempelli as he's only just started out,

Lol you're joking aren't you? The reason Hodge fell on his face was because Bont put awesome body work on him, all while not taking his eyes off the football. Go ask your best player of all time Wayne Carey what he thinks of him.
Calm down. I'm not saying he isn't good. He is. I'm saying everytime he goes near the needn't cause a goo session.
He took that mark because the kick advantaged him. If their positions were reversed Hodge would have marked it.

Each to their own, but in my opinion he would not be far off. Hird was one of the greatest players of all time. I'm no Bulldogs expert though - are you able to suggest who was a better player than Hird? I don't think we can say Bontempelli as he's only just started out,

He would probably be in a tie for third best Bulldogs player from the 90s/2000s. Not even remotely close to our best ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calm down. I'm not saying he isn't good. He is. I'm saying everytime he goes near the needn't cause a goo session.
He took that mark because the kick advantaged him. If their positions were reversed Hodge would have marked it.
Clown emoji

Bob Murphy grab the medal off him?
Yes. Also took the medals off Morris and Hunter for 2nd and 3rd. Or at least, that's what happened in the heads of sad little people like you.

In reality, he presented one award and wasn't on stage for anything else.
The spotlight stealing campaigner.

edit: Oh shit, he also shook hands with Will Minson on stage and gave him a framed guernsey. So he went on stage twice. That bastard.

Bob Murphy grab the medal off him?
Sorry bud, Murphy gave it back Sunday morning.

Now go back to your board and keep whinging about the umpiring. Massive LOLs

295965_7a4dcbb7eea5a656cc07ad663da2d810.jpeg

Worth noting that he's cited Joel Corey numerous times as a key influence on his development and the main reason he's improved so much.

He's proving to be a fantastic teacher. Could he be set for bigger things?

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcus Bontempelli - The next Big thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back