Marcus Bontempelli - The next Big thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Burke clearly doesnt rate Bont... Lol.

290597_1b90d0e280fba9f046e073065b9b7ca4.jpeg

That's a truly awful call. Bontempelli, Dahlhaus, Libba, Macrae, Hunter and Daniel is up there with any midfield in the comp when fully fit. That's an awesome mix of classy ball users and toughness. The oldest of them is Libba at 24. If Stringer isn't a star and marquee player in the making then I don't know who is. Sure he's had a shit year but he'll improve from here and he's a genuine gun. That's also not counting their seriously underrated and much improved senior players like Roughead, Wood and Picken who have all proven recently to be high quality performers. Clay Smith is the other one who I think could be a long-term gun once he gets a couple of seasons of continuity. I'd take their list above any team in the comp, including GWS.

Depends on his definition of A-grade I guess.

If you don't count Stringer, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Libba and Daniel as A-graders (or at least B+ who will highly likely become A-graders) then your definition of A-grader is ludicrously narrow. Under that definition his old club would probably have no A-graders with Reiwoldt and Steven not making the grade.

This looks like fun I'll take a crack

1- Bont
2- Cripps
3- Mills
4- Viney
5- Heeney
6- Merrett
7- Wines

My opinion ofcourse but that's how I see it.
Pretty close to what I'd suggest. Maybe swap Wines for Toumpas.

Probably better than Judd at this stage in his career, tbh.
It's interesting to wonder if that's right. There could probably be a thread on its own for that question but you could say Bontempelli needs a premiership and Brownlow first. I have a feeling Bontempelli could become as good as,if not better than Judd.

It's interesting to wonder if that's right. There could probably be a thread on its own for that question but you could say Bontempelli needs a premiership and Brownlow first. I have a feeling Bontempelli could become as good as,if not better than Judd.
Ease up, he might not have had great longevity but Judds best was equal to anyone thats ever played.

If we manage to fluke a flag his opinion might change on a few guys.
If we win the flag it won't be a fluke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we manage to fluke a flag his opinion might change on a few guys.

That's generally what it takes. Remember we went through a similar thing in 2012.

And then once you win a flag, everyone is a star. Just the usual poor quality, post-hoc analysis that passes for commentary in the AFL.

That's generally what it takes. Remember we went through a similar thing in 2012.

And then once you win a flag, everyone is a star. Just the usual poor quality, post-hoc analysis that passes for commentary in the AFL.
Mmmmm, that is so true isn't it..."Once you win a flag, everyone is a star."

He already is the next big thing but comparisons to Judd and Hird 2 all time greats are premature. The Bont is on an upward trajectory and at a fast rate so it should be an enjoyable ride. It is very doubtful that he will ever be considered the greatest Bulldog because Ted Whitten Snr was in the best 5 players of all time but who knows what is going to happen.

I know he's playing great footy atm.
Does anyone else get annoyed when people refer to him as ''THE BONT'' though?
I dunno why it bothers me but it does lol

What I find adorable is that it's always North supporters that are just going "he's good but why are everyone carrying on about him" instead of supporters of teams that actually have quality youth running around for them. Like if Carlton supporters were saying it then fair enough as Cripps is also pretty ****ing good but it's coming from supporters of a team that has debuted the lowest number of players over the last three years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcus Bontempelli - The next Big thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back