Maric - reprimand, will play vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

I almost want us to contest the Maric charge on principle, if you're not allowed to contest the footy any more god help us all.

Thankfully you are contesting it. I didn't watch the entire game but saw this incident. Walters put on an act that he got hit head high, threw his head back and grabbed his forehead, one replay clearly showed both player dive at the ball and hit shoulder to shoulder.

Absolutely nothing in it but good contested footy. I am stunned it wasn't thrown out.:thumbsdown:

When crap like this gets put up to the tribunal and you see dozens of worst things ignored every week you really start asking what is going on?:eek:

I'd be very surprised if Ivan doesn't line up against the Power on the weekend, sure he was ordinary against Freo and nobody would know that more than Ivan himself, he's one of the few in our team that can be guaranteed to stand up to Brogan, Thomas and co's argy bargy and no doubt he'll see this as an opportunity to redeem himself. I'm tipping he will have a BIG game!!!

I almost want us to contest the Maric charge on principle, if you're not allowed to contest the footy any more god help us all.

yep. if i were the crows i'd be looking at doing this. absolutely nothing in it, just like the tambling accidental eye poke, both should have been just thrown out without a reprimand.

as for the brown incidents, the cynic in me says that the afl were never going to give him the suspension he deserved. GC are vlads baby :thumbsdown:

Doesn't he cop a one match ban if he loses the challenge? The reprimand is for a guilty plea I think.
The original offence is worth 125 points. He gets a 25% discount automatically for having a completely clean record over the last 5 years. This takes it down to 93.75. Pleading guilty would reduce it further, to 70.31 points.

Even if he gets found guilty he won't miss a game. More to the point, if he's cleared he will get to keep his 5-year clean record intact, giving him a 25% discount next time the MRP cite him (assuming that there is a next time).

I'd be very surprised if Ivan doesn't line up against the Power on the weekend, sure he was ordinary against Freo and nobody would know that more than Ivan himself, he's one of the few in our team that can be guaranteed to stand up to Brogan, Thomas and co's argy bargy and no doubt he'll see this as an opportunity to redeem himself. I'm tipping he will have a BIG game!!!

Um, he played like a timid pussycat on the weekend, there are certainly no guarantees re Maric level of competitiveness in any given game. It's a fallacy. Like many players, his competitiveness wanes greatly with any confidence drop.

But like you I'd be extremely surprised if he wasn't gifted another game.

And, given he is due to wake from his slumber, i do think he'll put in a good account of himself and cement his spot for another month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL 2 games for a deliberate elbow to the face...and nearly (93 odd pts) 1 game for diving in for the ball!

It won't matter where footy is played, no one will go if this continues!

What a complete and utter joke... :thumbsdown:

LOL 2 games for a deliberate elbow to the face...and nearly (93 odd pts) 1 game for diving in for the ball!

It won't matter where footy is played, no one will go if this continues!

What a complete and utter joke... :thumbsdown:

Listening to Terry Wallace tonight on Melbourne Radio he said exactly the same, Brown's elbow to face getting 2 matches was ridiculous for such a serious offence, not to mention his prior poor record....for the record he said he thought AFC were right to contest Ivan's case as he thought he had to get off.

Well, here's one Freo fan who thinks there was nothing in it - report should have been thrown out on Monday morning.

Bad luck guys - I think you got hard done by at the tribunal.

Not sure about posting links but here it is (unless a Mod deems it otherwise).

http://www.afl.com.au/home/tabid/164/default.aspx
No problem with linking to the AFL website.

The problems arise when people link to illegal streaming sites. Legal streams like the one Richmond did for the MMC game are fine. Linking to illegal sites like justintv are another matter entirely.

Youtube is fine as well. If Ch7 or ChTeen have a problem with people putting their IP on YouTube then they can take that up with YouTube, it's not BigFooty's problem.

Problem is Margetts, the WA umpire, about whom I don't have a high opinion ( it's like having an extra 1/2 player against you when you play the WA teams) said he had a good view even though he was behind the incident and would have had an impeded view
I think the club should take it to the Appeals tribunal just to keep Maric with a clean record.
The video footage didn't show head contact
The Match Review Panel has had a bad week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back