Player Watch Mark Keane - 9

Remove this Banner Ad

'' not sure how the contract stuff works ''

His manager has said no worries contracts mean nothing

Realistically, I imagine the whole "I'm not sure how the contract stuff works" line was fed to him by his manager. Just say that, and let us go to work getting you the best deal possible.

Honestly, I'm still expecting him to stay.

Let's not forget a C grade forward just kicked a big bag on him, it's not a secret that while he has an elite marking game, his defensive skills are very much a work in progress. Also takes a few short steps on the regular, which is understandable given he's come from a far less physical game. We can start with their first rounder but be happy to walk away with a pick in the 20s.
One crap game from an inexperienced player with around 20 games is the OUTLIER and not sure why it keeps getting emphasised relative to his body of work

Gonski id say

“I’m contracted here for next year, but just holding off on stuff until the end of the season,” he said on SEN SA Breakfast.

“We’ll see what happens there.”

Some recent reports have suggested that Keane is open to a Magpies return, however, the Irishman stopped short of dropping any hints regarding what’s next.

“I’m not too sure how that kind of stuff works so I’ll hold off on that and wait until the end of the season,” he added.

“I just want to focus on playing footy, so we’ll just see how that goes.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say that's unprofessional because no player has ever been quite so open about "we'll see what happens there". Openly admitting they're looking elsewhere in the media.
I agree. Intuition clearly says he wants out and please spare us the “I don’t know how the contract thingy works” crap. That’s just embarrassing.

I am disappointed as one of Nicks saving graces was getting player buy in and not losing much over the years. Keane would feel like a much bigger loss compared to Dude (we got lucky) and Mc Adam (we also got lucky despite me wanting to keep him).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back