Player Watch Mark Keane - 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but he also wants an extension sorted before next season. That can easily be done after our season finishes, especially given he's contracted anyway and wants to stay.
“Long term future sorted sooner rather than later”, sounds like in season to me!

So judging from those clips on 7, Keane isn't opposed to staying, but he wants a long-term deal done this year and from there you can probably then guess Collingwood are offering that now while we may be going "we'll talk next year" to him.

Echoes Nicks’ comments on his contract situation when he was asked months ago, and he said Keane would ‘be rewarded in due course..’ so my guess is that they’re either nutting out the contract stuff, or weighing up an offer from the Pies..

Nice position to be in to have the player want to stay, but where we also have the option to trade him to a team that he’d be interested in going to, if the right offer presented itself..

Butts and Murray are pretty set as KPD’s, but do we think either one of Worrell or Keane has some further versatility outside of being 3rd tall? Just thinking how we squeeze all 4 into the team…. I don’t see either as having any burst speed as HB’s..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Echoes Nicks’ comments on his contract situation when he was asked months ago, and he said Keane would ‘be rewarded in due course..’ so my guess is that they’re either nutting out the contract stuff, or weighing up an offer from the Pies..

Nice position to be in to have the player want to stay, but where we also have the option to trade him to a team that he’d be interested in going to, if the right offer presented itself..

Butts and Murray are pretty set as KPD’s, but do we think either one of Worrell or Keane has some further versatility outside of being 3rd tall? Just thinking how we squeeze all 4 into the team…. I don’t see either as having any burst speed as HB’s..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wonder if we are waiting to see what all 4 look like together before signing him up?

Hopefully we have identified well his trajectory as a player and what he will be worth. I'd hate for us to let him go to Collingwood and he turns into one of the primo defenders of the comp and wins a flag with them.

Just give him the long term deal, totally pointless trading him as we won't get what he's actually worth and essentially are losing another player in the age gap we need.
Yeah, warrants a 2 year extension like the other 2 this week.

Think how we would have looked in defence this year without him.

He is only going to get better, particularly if he can sort out the 1 on 1 body contests.

Maybe Keane wants 3-4 year deal? do you think we would offer that to him?

If it wasn’t for the Amaty debacle I reckon we would’ve done it by now. He’s been one of, if not our best defender bar that game this year. Definitely deserves a decent deal, but they may be holding off as his 1 on 1 defence has a way to go.

Hopefully we have identified well his trajectory as a player and what he will be worth. I'd hate for us to let him go to Collingwood and he turns into one of the primo defenders of the comp and wins a flag with them.
That's exactly what would happen.

For Christs sake, reward him for what he's done in a short space of time and sign him. He's only going to get better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't know where I sit with Keane and his position/form.

I think Worrell is a greater asset than him, and still have my heart in my mouth when he is left 1 - on 1. Great as a loose defender but that is all I feel at this stage. His value is probably as high as it will get, and with Borlase still as a depth coverage do we keep or get value?

That's exactly what would happen.

For Christs sake, reward him for what he's done in a short space of time and sign him. He's only going to get better.
well its either reward his season offer him like a few years extension and more money or trade while he has currency with the good form his shown this year.

Poor bloke saw him at the junior member night on Tuesday and every second person seemed to be asking him about Collingwood. I think he only goes if we can package and get a first rounder somehow.

I think Worrell is a greater asset than him, and still have my heart in my mouth when he is left 1 - on 1. Great as a loose defender but that is all I feel at this stage. His value is probably as high as it will get, and with Borlase still as a depth coverage do we keep or get value?
Seen enough. Not reliable enough.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just give him the long term deal, totally pointless trading him as we won't get what he's actually worth and essentially are losing another player in the age gap we need.

Bingo. Also it does lock away a hard position to fill in a CHB who can do it on both ends of the ball to a reasonable level.

Keane hasn't been too bad 1 v 1, seeing he has a 22.3% loss rate this year.

I think the right move here is to keep Keane as a CHB and pair with Worrell as a third/loose defender. You have Murray to do the lockdown roles and Keane can produce at a very solid click offensively for the position, which is super important as the game does reward getting as much offense as you can out of your defense.

Started shockingly with a few errors plus was dropping off the back of his opponent too easily and not going up in pack situations

Second half better. Seemed to take it upon himself to compete in the air after Butts went off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mark Keane - 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back