Mark Robinson: All not well at Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo has new found football journo ' celebrity ' status on the back of lots of exposure on Fox ( too much perhaps ). He throws out a few controversial opinions now and again, treat him as entertainment value, a general footy chat with a few blokes you know. For certain, don't get too concerned with too much that he says.

If you treat most of what he says as above, he is mildly entertaining and listenable, I think he and GW contrast quite well. I have no idea if Robbo is a good bloke or not, strikes me as a bloke who would that would enjoy a general chat about sport of most kinds.

Re Dermott's comments, i think the point he is trying to make is that Beams is a very consistently good, a really solid high grade footballer without a huge dollop of X factor. Your 22 is a mix of alot of things, in an ideal world the ratio would be 8 Beams to 2 Jetta's.
You need to watch a few more games stripes a number of times I've seen Beams gather nonchalantly on the run on the half forward flank boundary, casually spin around and kick a 50 meter goal on the turn.

If that's not X factor I have never seen it.

Just a few little whispers about that Trav has made his decision and team mates are liking it.. sorry Robbo o_O

Mark Robinson thinks all is not well. My sister's cousin's dog yelped after midnight last night. Two interesting occurrences and neither of them will have any impact on whether the Pies will win this week.

I wouldn't dismiss the dog so quickly but Robbo is definitely off the boil

No argument with that Jon, i think there is a difference in what you and I might consider X factor and that of Derm. Beams has been so consistent we form an elevated view of what we expect from him. The key thing is the kid delivers, and more, on that expectation

No argument with that Jon, i think there is a difference in what you and I might consider X factor and that of Derm. Beams has been so consistent we form an elevated view of what we expect from him. The key thing is the kid delivers, and more, on that expectation
It's a bit like the early days of Penders rise, people didn't realize how good penders was because he did everything like he was half asleep, Beamsy is a bit the same, highly skilled and hard at it footballer who makes no fuss but goes about his business tearing opposition sides new ones.

While we are at it, Wallsy said we wouldnt make the 8 after we lost to the scum in round 3.

How is mad monday for your boy's today, wallsy?

Oohhh but Wallsys a top bloke who gets everything about collingwood right.tell us wallsy what's your expert opinion on why collingwood can't win the gf and carlton can??i am fascinated to know your intriguing opinion. :rolleyes:

Met Robbo in a marquee at Oaks Day. Nothing wrong with the bloke. I wouldn't hang on his every word for footy anaysis but he seems an everyday sort of bloke. Don't think he's much of a Collingwood/Eddie fan though based on what I see/hear in his media gigs but we're used to that.

As for Dermie, he says some good things from time to time be tries too hard to always be super insightful and sometimes he stretches like pr0n star for the camera.

Oohhh but Wallsys a top bloke who gets everything about collingwood right.tell us wallsy what's your expert opinion on why collingwood can't win the gf and carlton can??i am fascinated to know your intriguing opinion. :rolleyes:
hahahahahahaha... Only one these days that makes good sence is Thomo on footy classifieds..
straight shooter.. also he has backed the pies all year to win the 16th cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Robinson: All not well at Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back