Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett has been charged by WA Police with four counts of aggravated burglary, with three counts of stealing and three counts of criminal damage among his other charges.
The alleged offences took place between December 2022 and January 2023.
Pickett has a “strong intent” to defend himself, his manager Anthony Van Der Wielen told 7NEWS in a statement.

Racist comments will immediately cop a long break from Bigfooty, discuss the issue not the skin colour or race.
Thank you.

P.S This thread has nothing to do with the Clarkson/Racism review discussion.
This thread is not the place to discuss the prison system and prisoner rehabilitation, you can take that to the SRP board.
This is the scandals and rumours board only, please stay on topic in here.

Last edited:
It happens all the time when it's a, 'bad look', for the company if they let someone keep working until charges are heard. They are seen to support that worker and what they stand for if they don't stand them down. It might not be right but it happens plenty.
Depends on the role really. People can be reassigned without being stood down. Obviously difficult to do for footy players though.

'appeared in the Perth Magistrate’s Court on Monday and was granted bail to return to Melbourne to continue to play football.'

Any Saints fans have any issue with him playing?
I would have thought the AFL would have issues. Notwithstanding the presumption of innocence, it is a terrible look.

I'm not sure that preventing the health system from being overloaded counts as "no valid reason"

Getting off track but he let in plane loads of people from Vanuatu, to first quarantine in camps for a couple of weeks and then to pick fruit whilst vaccinated Aussies weren't allowed in, to quarantine and then go to work.

This is starting to stink horribly, Pickett went willingly to a meeting - as if he then suddenly was a flight risk/danger to society and needed to be remanded in custody. WTAH!

WA police has a lot to explain.

'Pickett...arranged to meet with detectives at Midland Police Station on Sunday.

“He came in the knowledge that the police wanted to speak with him,” he said.

“He stayed and as he arranged with police to meet with them and attended a meeting with Midland cops yesterday and then was refused bail.”'

My advice to Pickett- never go back to WA, do not trust the cops after that.

Something is on the nose here. Why would you bankroll some big jobs, score 380k and then only cop a 15k cut. Pigs arse. And how do they know he had money in the camper van? Because someone said so…that won’t wash without absolute proof.
Guilty or not I think the prosecution will have a difficult time proving guilt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is starting to stink horribly, Pickett went willingly to a meeting - as if he then suddenly was a flight risk/danger to society and needed to be remanded in custody. WTAH!

'Pickett...arranged to meet with detectives at Midland Police Station on Sunday.

“He stayed and as he arranged with police to meet with them and attended a meeting with Midland cops yesterday and then was refused bail.”'

Police have nothing to explain. They wanted to speak to him, the fact he was an AFL player meant they couldn't do it solely at their convenience, they had to wait for him to come back to WA, and if they have enough evidence, they charge him. Bail is often denied to people who a) have a long criminal record, and b) could potentially 'flee' interstate.

Police have nothing to explain. They wanted to speak to him, the fact he was an AFL player meant they couldn't do it solely at their convenience, they had to wait for him to come back to WA, and if they have enough evidence, they charge him. Bail is often denied to people who a) have a long criminal record, and b) could potentially 'flee' interstate.
Exactly.

A high profile sports star voluntarily comes to the copshop to help with enquiries =/= danger to society/flight risk.

Glad that was exposed to be utterly OOT this morning, Pickett is immediately on his way home and free to conduct himself as he wishes.

Yeah, that's the message here. He's very hard done by 😂. Its cops who can't be trusted rather than the accused. FMD some people...

Yeah, that's the message here. He's very hard done by 😂. Its cops who can't be trusted rather than the accused. FMD some people...
same for you, me, anyone- just about reasonable grounds for detaining someone

high profile sports star voluntarily helping Wapol with enquries

join the dots for me, cause I can't see it.

Exactly.

A high profile sports star voluntarily comes to the copshop to help with enquiries =/= danger to society/flight risk.

Glad that was exposed to be utterly OOT this morning, Pickett is immediately on his way home and free to conduct himself as he wishes.
You say high profile sports star, they say someone involved in a significant criminal act with a long record of criminal acts. Being good at kicking a ball shouldn't get you special treatment. Anyone with his record is in for a hard time being released on their own recognisance.

Something is on the nose here. Why would you bankroll some big jobs, score 380k and then only cop a 15k cut. Pigs arse. And how do they know he had money in the camper van? Because someone said so…that won’t wash without absolute proof.
Guilty or not I think the prosecution will have a difficult time proving guilt.
According to bigfooty boffins here he got roped in to help friends or family, that it wasn't driven by needing money for himself. He's almost a modern day Robin Hood really, taking from the money exchange conglomerates to give to the poor. It's admirable if true.

I hope you don't think all the evidence has been laid out in a couple of Herald Sun articles and that "you can't prove it!" is going to get the case closed.

According to bigfooty boffins here he got roped in to help friends or family, that it wasn't driven by needing money for himself. He's almost a modern day Robin Hood really, taking from the money exchange conglomerates to give to the poor. It's admirable if true.

I hope you don't think all the evidence has been laid out in a couple of Herald Sun articles and that "you can't prove it!" is going to get the case closed.

Not to mention after knocking off a business that operates in cash, the gang banked the proceeds and then use PayPal to split the takings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back