Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett has been charged by WA Police with four counts of aggravated burglary, with three counts of stealing and three counts of criminal damage among his other charges.
The alleged offences took place between December 2022 and January 2023.
Pickett has a “strong intent” to defend himself, his manager Anthony Van Der Wielen told 7NEWS in a statement.

Racist comments will immediately cop a long break from Bigfooty, discuss the issue not the skin colour or race.
Thank you.

P.S This thread has nothing to do with the Clarkson/Racism review discussion.
This thread is not the place to discuss the prison system and prisoner rehabilitation, you can take that to the SRP board.
This is the scandals and rumours board only, please stay on topic in here.

Last edited:
Is that the court's interpretation?
Yes.

And it’s the intent of the legislators.

if it wasn’t, then the fact that an accused was carrying a weapon, would be irrelevant. You can’t have a crime which sets out ‘carrying a weapon’ as a requirement, and NOT reasonably assume they were willing to use it.

and how bad would that look, if the club got involved and tried to ‘spin’ it……

Well yeah . . .
But that’s not the only way to get out in front of it lol.
Could have easily come out at the start of the year (if they knew) and said “We have information that Marlion Pickett is currently being investigated by WA police and have stood him down while the investigation is being conducted”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who cares what Richmond knew. It’s not their job to call crimestoppers if they hear of something an employee did.
I'd imagine all contracts would have some stipulation about involvement in criminal activities. They'd be required to report drink driving or similar offences, given this is far more serious I'm not sure how it's just his business.

Find this point in the Age article pretty damning towards Pickett. If true, don’t see much ground for him to either not being involved or at a minimum, being an accomplice and aware of what was happening.

“It’s also alleged a campervan that was used to transfer some money interstate was rented in his name, and that clothing worn by the offenders was purchased by Pickett.

Pickett then allegedly received payments of $6000 and $9000 into his bank account.”

You don’t receive those type of payments for no reason… and awfully convenient after an alleged 380k has just been stolen when you just happen to be “in the vicinity”.

What if he was owed that money? From loans to friends or family?

Yes.

And it’s the intent of the legislators.

I don't know much about WA crimes act. If you say so I'll take your word for it.

if it wasn’t, then the fact that an accused was carrying a weapon, would be irrelevant. You can’t have a crime which sets out ‘carrying a weapon’ as a requirement, and NOT reasonably assume they were willing to use it.

... or assume they were willing to threaten someone, or if they weren't then be reckless about events turning and the weapon making the whole enterprise a lot more likely to end in death or injury.

But I get it that that would be the assumption the courts would make and it would be up to the accused to show otherwise.

Last edited:
yes. In the crimes act.
These are WA charges my guy

I don't know much about WA crimes act. If you say so I'll take your word for it.
There is no WA Crimes Act. It's a Code state. It's overwhelmingly likely that the circumstance of aggravation is that he was in allegedly in company with another.

Last edited:
I'd imagine all contracts would have some stipulation about involvement in criminal activities. They'd be required to report drink driving or similar offences, given this is far more serious I'm not sure how it's just his business.
Stipulations about ‘not doing it‘ - you’d be right (obviously).

Stipulations about ‘telling the club‘ - you’d be wrong. For 2 reasons.
1) it risks the clubs being made accessories after the fact; and
2) its horrible horrible advice, legally. If you’ve committed a crime, you go speak to a lawyer. You don’t go speak to your football club.

What if he was owed that money? From loans to friends or family?

There are a hundred possible innocent explanations and a hundred possible guilty explanations. Nobody on this thread has any idea which is operative in this case. There is some seriously stupid comments being made.

Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back