Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett has been charged by WA Police with four counts of aggravated burglary, with three counts of stealing and three counts of criminal damage among his other charges.
The alleged offences took place between December 2022 and January 2023.
Pickett has a “strong intent” to defend himself, his manager Anthony Van Der Wielen told 7NEWS in a statement.

Racist comments will immediately cop a long break from Bigfooty, discuss the issue not the skin colour or race.
Thank you.

P.S This thread has nothing to do with the Clarkson/Racism review discussion.
This thread is not the place to discuss the prison system and prisoner rehabilitation, you can take that to the SRP board.
This is the scandals and rumours board only, please stay on topic in here.

Last edited:
You can be mates with people who do stuff without getting involved and if they are his mates they would understand why he can't get involved.
Doubt it. Reality check - We're likely talking about bottom of the barrell people here with a propensity for drugs, crime and violence, be it from broken homes or not. I'm sure rational understanding and boundaries are not at the top of their hollow minds.

Find this point in the Age article pretty damning towards Pickett. If true, don’t see much ground for him to either not being involved or at a minimum, being an accomplice and aware of what was happening.

“It’s also alleged a campervan that was used to transfer some money interstate was rented in his name, and that clothing worn by the offenders was purchased by Pickett.

Pickett then allegedly received payments of $6000 and $9000 into his bank account.”

You don’t receive those type of payments for no reason… and awfully convenient after an alleged 380k has just been stolen when you just happen to be “in the vicinity”.
Seems a bit dumb to pay someone for assisting in criminal activity via a bank transaction.

Doubt it. Reality check - We're likely talking about bottom of the barrell people here with a propensity for drugs, crime and violence, be it from broken homes or not. I'm sure rational understanding and boundaries are not at the top of their hollow minds.

I have mates who tick those boxes and they tell me about the stuff they get up to, but they know I'm not interested in being involved and we have great times catching up.

T
That the AFL would need an exceptional reason to back that up if they didn't want to get sued.

Innocent until proven guilty
No risk of harm to others resulting from him playing.

I can't see what grounds they could use to deny him playing.
The club could argue it’s a distraction to the playing group.

I have mates who tick those boxes and they tell me about the stuff they get up to, but they know I'm not interested in being involved and we have great times catching up.
🤢 F***en lol and some extra lol's on top. They're all good guys no doubt, good guys to be around. They have a lot more fun without you around by the sounds if it.

I bet your mates aren't as bottom of the barrell as the circles Pickett ran/runs in.

Last edited:
Would be very hard for him.

Trying to maintain friendships and familial ties.
If they are doing bad s**t and he walks away or removes himself from it they will all call him a sellout coconut uncle Tom.

Not an easy line to walk.

If he leaves the bad situation they will all say "you too good for us now?".
I have a brother like that ( he has done time, should have done more ).
My sister and I stay away from him and I don't give a fig what the others say ( big family ).

I have my own family to think about now. I grew up a long time ago - some people don't.

What's funny?
All i could do was laugh. The more I go through life the more I realise just how unexposed to criminal life/criminal activity/criminals I am except when I'm the victim of it. Extremely happy with it being that way too. I guess it just completely boggles my mind that people can be so committed to doing wrong. Life is already hard enough just doing it all the right way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe The West are claiming he knew, before he arrived in WA, he was going to be arrested. The story is pay walled. Others might be able to fill us in.
Wow I would have faked a sicky if I were in his position.

I attended court over a civil matter once and the Judge said to me: "look what you are up against(a barrister in a wig and a lawyer with a brief case full of documents,) why are you here? You have no chance, you appear to be wasting everybody's time." I said I am here to contest their claims as is my right, and their posh accents and wigs don't trouble me, and I am confident I am better prepared to argue this matter than they are.

Gee that’s really weird. The judiciary bend over backwards to accommodate self represented people. Lost count of the amount of times I’ve seen people granted indulgences that officers of the court aren’t afforded.

Gee that’s really weird. The judiciary bend over backwards to accommodate self represented people. Lost count of the amount of times I’ve seen people granted indulgences that officers of the court aren’t afforded.

The Judge was just testing me. He gave me a perfectly fair hearing and even indulged a couple of the tricks I had up my sleeve. What you say is my experience as well, courts will be tolerant towards people representing themselves as long as the person isn't wasting everyone's time. This is I think what the Judge was checking with his opening remarks to me. I represented myself on very good advice from a lawyer I consulted. She told me I could get away with the arguments I wanted to run, but she could not. It was priceless advice and probably crucial to me getting a good outcome, not to mention the enormous financial saving.

I think you're describing a committal hearing here, not a bail hearing. All Pickett is trying to do at this stage is get off remand and assure the police and the courts that he will attend any future court hearings if required. The police may oppose bail if they believe he is a risk of absconding or tampering with witnesses.

You are correct, I over simplied.

General point remains...they didn't need to prove the case, just show there was enough to keep going with.

Very weird scenario. Only thing I’ll add is an anecdote from when I did jury duty earlier this year.

Case was a rape (he said nothing took place at all), he takes her back to hotel room, she’s paraletic, she passes out and wakes up with him inside her. She runs away, later goes to the cops, they do a swab and find his DNA inside her. BOOM, his DNA inside her, what are we even doing in court, this thing is over. Nup, wasn’t as simple as that. Plenty of doubt in both sides case. Ended up being a hung jury and the trial will have to be re done. Was about 10-2 not guilty.

I guess what I’m saying is just because you hear on the news that his phone pinged at the location, 1 little thing isn’t an immediate smoking gun and means they’re definitely guilty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back