Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett has been charged by WA Police with four counts of aggravated burglary, with three counts of stealing and three counts of criminal damage among his other charges.
The alleged offences took place between December 2022 and January 2023.
Pickett has a “strong intent” to defend himself, his manager Anthony Van Der Wielen told 7NEWS in a statement.

Racist comments will immediately cop a long break from Bigfooty, discuss the issue not the skin colour or race.
Thank you.

P.S This thread has nothing to do with the Clarkson/Racism review discussion.
This thread is not the place to discuss the prison system and prisoner rehabilitation, you can take that to the SRP board.
This is the scandals and rumours board only, please stay on topic in here.

Last edited:
Why the attraction to commit burglary?
It's nice to have hobbies.

Or maybe he was just good at it? Done a few stints already, every time he's gone in, he's learns something new.
Out at 21, drafted at 27, in the meantime he got a nice little kitty that no one knows about (...yet!). Who's going to question an AFL star with a couple of luxury cars? Must be that good coin he got winning Richmond Tigers premierships. Couple more cheeky summertime burgs, before calling it quits, retire in a nice part of WA and drink pepsi max on the beach.

Maybe he's just not as good at doing burgs as he thought.

Also it is property in question, nobody was hurt, or faced a gun shoved in their face like when banks are robbed.
Luckily nobody confronted them with what they had in hand. It is aggrevated burglary charges being faced.

Just how generous and forgiving are you willing to be of thugs with no regard for the law or repercussions of their actions? "Yeah but we didn't hurt anyone" would be a brilliant defence in front of a magistrate. The hilarious thing is you can bet a lot of cretins have used it too thinking it helps their case.

OH PULEESE! That pinhead Gale states that the best place for ‘The Crim’ is at Richmond where ‘He can be a role model’.

How stupid do they think the public are?
If this actually happened it happened under Richmond's watch. So what difference would being at the footy club make?

Ideally should've kept him under complete supervision when away from the club in Perth knowing his history. But that isn't practically possible is it, so then it comes back to the person. If he did it, cut him loose.

It's nice to have hobbies.

Or maybe he was just good at it? Done a few stints already, every time he's gone in, he's learns something new.
Out at 21, drafted at 27, in the meantime he got a nice little kitty that no one knows about (...yet!). Who's going to question an AFL star with a couple of luxury cars? Must be that good coin he got winning Richmond Tigers premierships. Couple more cheeky summertime burgs, before calling it quits, retire in a nice part of WA and drink pepsi max on the beach.

Maybe he's just not as good at doing burgs as he thought.
I have to admit, I share your lack of sympathy - the guys a grub.

Luckily nobody confronted them with what they had in hand. It is aggrevated burglary charges being faced.

Just how generous and forgiving are you willing to be of thugs with no regard for the law or repercussions of their actions? "Yeah but we didn't hurt anyone" would be a brilliant defence in front of a magistrate. The hilarious thing is you can bet a lot of cretins have used it too thinking it helps their case.
I am not defending him, just saying it is not as serious a charge as rape, assault ( or dog fighting like Michael Vick). It is still serious, and wrong. I think that gives Richmond a reason to let him play. That might change after the bye if his replacement plays well.
Or maybe Richmond plan to play him in the VFL but don't want to say that now.

Last edited:
I have to admit, I share your lack of sympathy - the guys a grub.
Oh, I have sympathy for him. No one wants to end up in jail, especially when they have young kids. It is sad.

He's been there before!!!!(!!!)
And clearly it failed him. Prison should be rehabilitative. I dunno, good people make mistakes sometimes.

Maybe he likes it.
My mate Nick liked it. Free meals, got to hang out with his mates every day. Not sure I'd trust Nick's opinion on this one though.

Oh, I have sympathy for him. No one wants to end up in jail, especially when they have young kids. It is sad.
id have more sympathy if it was his first offence & not something that he’s been arrested for already in the past. anyone who plays (well) in the AFL will have their life partially in the spotlight, and they’ll be a role model (or a fan favourite) so tarnishing your reputation will harm the club itself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And clearly it failed him. Prison should be rehabilitative. I dunno, good people make mistakes sometimes.

My mate Nick liked it. Free meals, got to hang out with his mates every day. Not sure I'd trust Nick's opinion on this one though.
Good people don't willingly steal other people's cars, assault people and deal meth. He has proven himself to be in some other category in life by whichever means it's happened, it happened.

Lots of people overcome oversity without doing what he's done. I'd much rather reserve the good person title for them.

I just cbf going into integenerational trauma, institutional racism etc etc etc and also I just don't want to comment on some dude's life when I know nothing about it.

I never ended up in jail largely by luck, and I had a lot more than most: good family who worked hard, no mental health issues, decent role models.

You can have empathy for someone who ****ed up I dunno it's not such a difficult thing to understand ymmv.

He's been there before!!!!(!!!) Maybe he likes it.
prison exists as a (theoretical) representation of society providing people with a way to rehabilitate themselves after breaking a law. id need to read studies as to whether or not it actually works as intended but it as others have said people are innocent until proven guilty, which i think is a very reasonable thing to grant pickett.

Good people don't willingly steal other people's cars, assault people and deal meth.
Meh Dealing meth is pretty common for dudes who get addicted to meth, seen some good people go that way and pull themselves out of it, thankfully.
Marlion's assault charges were family fueds, I don't wanna comment on that stuff I don't really know much about it. Sounds a bit like that Liam Jurrah stuff, I dunno how much of that is cultural or whatever, not my place to say anything on that.

Stealing cars, bit of a laugh when you're a kid is all.

Meh Dealing meth is pretty common for dudes who get addicted to meth, seen some good people go that way and pull themselves out of it, thankfully.
Marlion's assault charges were family fueds, I don't wanna comment on that stuff I don't really know much about it. Sounds a bit like that Liam Jurrah stuff, I dunno how much of that is cultural or whatever, not my place to say anything on that.

Yuck. I just realised the sort of person I'm chatting with. Ignore!

Nothing wrong with stealing a car or 10 when you're a kid 🤣

Yes it can be cultural but very few traditional Aboriginal mobs would encourage these cultural /family/mob feuds that is often exaggerated by media. Yes, it does happen, but the majority of the keepers and protectors of Aboriginal lore would not encourage it. 'Most' elders see it as another self-destruction by young Aboriginal people. The Pilbara, Desert and Kimberly mobs are more traditional in being keepers of the lore.

Last edited:

Oh god. Really?

Forever the victim.

Inability to accept responsibility for one’s actions is what keeps people reoffending.

Nothing wrong with stealing a car or 10 when you're a kid 🤣
Look it's not great but whatever, people make mistakes.
Yes it can be cultural but very few traditional Aboriginal mobs would encourage these cultural /family/mob feuds that is often exaggerated by media. Yes, it does happen, but the majority of the keepers and protectors of Aboriginal lore would not encourage it. 'Most' elders see it as another self-destruction by young Aboriginal people. The Pilbara, Desert and Kimberly mobs are more traditional in being keepers of the lore.
Thank you- i understand it would be frowned upon.

I didn’t articulate my point well. I’m just saying the circumstances around crimes are important. There are often complexities and nuances around these situations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back