List Mgmt. Marsh going home for personal reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

The CFC statement makes it pretty clear he has some issues.
Shame, really rated him and was going to be important structurally.
Have to ask?
Your avatar?

So it's gone from homesickness to mental illness now?! Well that is the first I have heard of that. Let's just make it up as we go along to suit the club sycophants prepared to accept any excuse offered by players for leaving the club.

For goodness sake please wait until we understand what the situation is before throwing stones. We don't know the specifics of what happened here, but if one likely outcome comes to light your posts are going to look are pretty awful.

You are not a happy supporter and then make up a story to suit your narrative.
But an easy way to verify your claim.
Do a head count how many footballers in his age group go back home for personal / family reasons this season. Then go to the respective opposition board claiming these are early signs of their coach losing the young player group. Good luck with that.
Some poster said weeks back he didn't see eye to eye with Bucks. At the time it meant nothing. Now it means something.

I'm sorry, clearly I'm the only one who thinks players doing this now is weak as piss and its become a very unappealing fad. It says alot about todays era of players if they feel the need to walk out of the club for family reasons. I was just thinking today how the Cam McCarthy deal left a bad taste in my mouth.

I think its important to ask the question; "If there wasn't an AFL team in WA, would you be giving up on your AFL career and Collingwood to be closer to your family?" I would be very, very surprised if the answer was yes. And in regards to those saying "He has family reasons give him a break", have you learnt nothing from the Beams deal. It always starts as a family reason then it turns out he has been in talks with a WA club who have offered him coin.

Clearly its news to the club as theres no way we would be shopping Brown and Frost if we knew we wouldn't have Marsh next year

Edit: I should also add that where i work i get a large number of footy players coming through. I have seen Marsh several times and had a chat with him, he always seems happy hanging out with his friends. Seemed to be good mates with Ben Moloney
Nah mate you're not the only one. Biggest cop out. They're living their dream. I'd have moved anywhere and been eternally grateful to have been given the opportunity these guys get. Bit precious.
Mind you we have picked up Aish and Treloar on the back of it so it's swings and roundabouts I suppose?
Maybe he 'stormed out' a few weeks ago when he brought it up and management cracked the shits because they already had half the defense on the trade menu?

So it's gone from homesickness to mental illness now?! Well that is the first I have heard of that. Let's just make it up as we go along to suit the club sycophants prepared to accept any excuse offered by players for leaving the club.
GG, have you spoken to Jono ? Do you know anyone that is close to him ? Please read the available information closely. Even the club statement says leaving for "personal reasons to his home...". There are issues greater than football at play. Just take that as a given and move on from your stance. It will ,in time look silly at best and more likely miserable and lacking in humanity.

From photos after his injuries and others he seemed to be a genuine caring sort of guy, if there are issues, I hope he gets well. I will miss him.

Judging from the CFC statement, think there may be some truth to missing home or personal issues.

Seemed a Very Emotional Bloke. So that could be something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, bummed about this. Been really pumping this guy up at work as My Man Jono Marsh. But, wish him well and sad to see him go. He hasn't spoken to either WA clubs so it seems there's more to it than just football.

Maybe to Freo, straight swap with Sam Collins. 22 years old, recruited from Box Hill, 12 senior games this year. Be able to go straight into senior side if need be.

I think we now need to use Gubby's expertise and make a huge cash grab for Marchbank, plus we will get bonus points for getting up on Carlton as they are desperate for him.
Show him the money!
Else we can opt for Mckenzie or Brown, thou they are slow as quicksand and don't have much scope.

Keefe when hearing the news of Frost and Marsh leaving...

eiQ0a3P.gif

Some poster said weeks back he didn't see eye to eye with Bucks. At the time it meant nothing. Now it means something.

You've just accused people who accept the club's statements about Marsh as 'sycophants', seemingly because 'some poster' wrote about a conflict with the coach? Seems a bit much.

Ok.

Please consider me a sycophant then, thanks for the label. :D

GG, have you spoken to Jono ? Do you know anyone that is close to him ? Please read the available information closely. Even the club statement says leaving for "personal reasons to his home...". There are issues greater than football at play. Just take that as a given and move on from your stance. It will ,in time look silly at best and more likely miserable and lacking in humanity.
Rubbish. He is an adult capable of making his way in this world without clinging on to mama's apron strings.

Damn. Kind of expected this but still a loss.

And he's not going home for family reasons. I hope the real reason doesn't come out publicly.

Time to change my avatar anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

But I read in other threads there was no issue

Good luck to him. Obviously would rather be in WA even if it means not playing footy. Marsh and Williams to WCE for Darling and we'll call it all square.

Darling has been discussed a few times on BF. The Weagles have also dropped a few carrots out there recently to see who is interested. That alone shows you that he is no good and they are trying to trade him before his value completely bottoms out. IMO he is soooooooooooooo over rated and jumps at shadows. It would also take 5 years to remove the staging for free's element out of his game. He has choked in the last 2 final series, one being the GF.

Please NO

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Marsh going home for personal reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back