Autopsy Marsh Series Week 1 - Gold Coast vs Geelong, Metricon Stadium, Saturday 22nd February

Remove this Banner Ad

Clark, Taylor, Miers, Narkle, Rohan, Ablett, Kennerley's last quarter - though he really needs to work on his kicking - in that order. Everyone else can go jump off a short cliff, because that was woeful.

Fort, Z. Guthrie, Parsons, Tuohy, Henderson (though he was dependable, just slow) should all be relegated to the twos this year, and never see an AFL side again. Stephens, Jarvis, Close, are all not ready yet. Kennerley got better as the game went on, and there's something to work with there.

I need a drink now after that.

Clark, Taylor, Miers, Narkle, Rohan, Ablett, Kennerley's last quarter - though he really needs to work on his kicking - in that order. Everyone else can go jump off a short cliff, because that was woeful.

Fort, Z. Guthrie, Parsons, Tuohy, Henderson (though he was dependable, just slow) should all be relegated to the twos this year, and never see an AFL side again. Stephens, Jarvis, Close, are all not ready yet. Kennerley got better as the game went on, and there's something to work with there.

I need a drink now after that.
Agree with all that.

I could see Tuohy making his way back in, but Christ he needs to get back to basics - or play further up the ground a bit. In space he's great. In close he makes some mind-boggling decisions

Agree with all that.

I could see Tuohy making his way back in, but Christ he needs to get back to basics - or play further up the ground a bit. In space he's great. In close he makes some mind-boggling decisions

The amount we pass backwards, feels like I'm watching rugby; and I hate rugby.

I've seen Fitzroy make a preseason Grand Final. Seen Carlton win one and finish last.
It means nothing. Glad the intensity wasn't there. We have a lot of older players.
Negatives: D**khead coming on before the game saying we're going to take it on.
Within 10 mins players are back and we're kicking back and sideways.
Like his trying to save the game or something! He really is a c**khead.
Positives: Atkins looks sharp! Narkle reading the ball really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

first competitive games after a busted peg. Ill give him a pass.

Go Catters

That play when he watched the ball land 1m from him in definsive 50 that lead to a goal looked pretty terrible. Didn’t really show any class or anything (unlike Clark last yr in preseason for comparison), but as you say, first hit out so I’ll reserve judgement. I thought it was strange we called his name our on draft night so I’m hoping to see him prove me wrong...

Didn’t do anything to suggest a first round pick

Not one to jump the gun, but being such a so called 'Readymade' player, I would expect a little more.

Nonetheless, hard to read much into preseason. We looked average last year then finished on top of the ladder. Miers looked a bit out of his depth, then had a magnificent season. Someone will bob up from no where, and maybe that someone will be Cooper.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've seen Fitzroy make a preseason Grand Final. Seen Carlton win one and finish last.
It means nothing. Glad the intensity wasn't there. We have a lot of older players.
Negatives: D**khead coming on before the game saying we're going to take it on.
Within 10 mins players are back and we're kicking back and sideways.
Like his trying to save the game or something! He really is a c**khead.
Positives: Atkins looks sharp! Narkle reading the ball really well.

He has a habit of that, doesn't he?

Mission Accomplished
XYZ player didn't have much of an impact
etc

I think maybe he's just trying to be funny but it's way too dry - but damn it's infuriating.

Defender takes the ball, turns to look for the next kick. Mids lead to within 15m. Ignore lead, fair enough. Then the field is compressed so can only bomb long to a 1 on 2. Lose ball, mids arent there to support, it comes flying back over there heads or through the space they've left in transition, two of our defenders fly up for a mark hands more than a ball width apart, ball spills rinse repeat.

And we have no ruck.

There was nothing to encourage me that the coaching staff have a revised game plan to get over the finals hurdle. Looks the same, smells the same, but it's only the Marsh series so who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Marsh Series Week 1 - Gold Coast vs Geelong, Metricon Stadium, Saturday 22nd February

Remove this Banner Ad

Back