Match Discussion Carlton v Geelong Round 9 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

And we have curnow and kruez to come back in and judd wasn't 100% for th e second half, but you have to admire how we kept coming.
I thought we were gone at one stage early in th e3rd when we couldn't get our hands on th eball.

To all the morons saying that Warnock is useless and shouldnt be out there.

Considering that he rucked for pretty much the entire game on his own, with Setanta helping out occasionally, and just about had his head ripped off in front of goal and was still groggy, I reckon that you are selling the bloke short and I reckon he had a bloody good game with 31 tapouts.

And if you are looking for someone to blame for costing us the match, look a little closer at Duigs and his big mouth giving away a free kick right in front of the Geebungs goals. Take off that 6 pointer and we are 4 points up.

Then there was Mclean going over the mark and giving away a 50m penalty... another soft goal given away and we are 10 points up.

But no... everyone wants to blame the guy who was groggy and just about out on his feet in the dying seconds for costing us the game.

Great post, I agree 100%.

Robert(inson) Blake?

tumblr_lbtmzn1gJf1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

damn you and your subtly moving gif....thought my eyes were effed :cool:

Walker played well, as did garlett , but they should have scored.

**** - how good was waite.

Wow., wowo,wowwowowoowowowow wo owwo wow,

Warnock stuffed up at the end and i'm sure no one will feel as bad as he would at th e moment.
i hope judd didn't break his foot.

Stokes only took 2 steps fair call i thought
Mclean is a joke
Laughing stock of the afl that bloke
I think its fair to say hes no glenn archer sleeps with the light on you would think
warnock=hampson
Exactly just watch the game and you will see his taps dont go to anyone
Im getting a bad feeling about warnock thinking hes soft
I can't wait until you post something positive bar the one misfire about Scotland.

:rolleyes:

Considering that he rucked for pretty much the entire game on his own, with Setanta helping out occasionally, and just about had his head ripped off in front of goal and was still groggy, I reckon that you are selling the bloke short and I reckon he had a bloody good game with 31 tapouts.

And if you are looking for someone to blame for costing us the match, look a little closer at Duigs and his big mouth giving away a free kick right in front of the Geebungs goals. Take off that 6 pointer and we are 4 points up.

Then there was Mclean going over the mark and giving away a 50m penalty... another soft goal given away and we are 10 points up.

But no... everyone wants to blame the guy who was groggy and just about out on his feet in the dying seconds for costing us the game.

I agree there were other incidents that you could use to blame, dont you agree if Warnock was as dazed as you say he might have been then why not do the team thing and not take the kick or was he looking for personnal glory?

I very rarely post after we lose, because I cannot stand the posters who bag every player who makes a mistake.

So far it's not making me think any different.

It was not Warnock's fault alone.

Lets see::

How about Waite not making the distance from 50.
How about Walker hitting the post.
How about the other 6 or 7 mistakes the side made that may have cost us the game.

Who knows, if 206 had of kicked it, they may well of got it out of the guts and kicked a goal in 10 seconds.

The one good thing, no great thing, I've got from this game is that we are 100% top four material. I had my doubts before the season, but now I am very much on the band wagon.

Really pleased with the intensity levels this season. Well done to the coaches.

Scotland has been playing like a new player to the one we saw late in the season last year. I was wrong to write him off.

A couple of times Armfield didn't go in hard when he should've. He let his teammates down I feel.

Betts needs to get better at finishing. The stark contrast between varcoes crisp goals and betts weak attempts was huge.

Disappointed but content overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on TG....we used to kill small forwards last year but they've hurt us this year by kicking bags. Flow on effect of Bower being in is substantial though, Laids wont have to tale players 10+cms taller than him and Yarran can take the next worse opponent more often.

I very rarely post after we lose, because I cannot stand the posters who bag every player who makes a mistake.

So far it's not making me think any different.

It was not Warnock's fault alone.

Lets see::

How about Waite not making the distance from 50.
How about Walker hitting the post.
How about the other 6 or 7 mistakes the side made that may have cost us the game.

Who knows, if 206 had of kicked it, they may well of got it out of the guts and kicked a goal in 10 seconds.

The one good thing, no great thing, I've got from this game is that we are 100% top four material. I had my doubts before the season, but now I am very much on the band wagon.

Hows about little Nick Duigan muttering Cat Face under his breath, and getting done by the English Police.
And we give up a goal with a minute left in the 3rd.

Silly.

Spot on TG....we used to kill small forwards last year but they've hurt us this year by kicking bags. Flow on effect of Bower being in is substantial though, Laids wont have to tale players 10+cms taller than him and Yarran can take the next worse opponent more often.

You're right, having Bower and to a lesser extent White will do wonders for out structure down back. TBH I'd almost be inclined to play Hendo at CHB next week.

Throw in the hawkins goal that was 0.5cm from being over the line before he tapped it back for a fluke goal.

Make no mistake these 4 incidents should have not happened and we should have won by about 20 points. We willl learn though.

Good game. We gifted them 3-4 goals, easily, over the course of the game with awful options in the backline (Murphy!!! :mad:) and the ill-discipline of 50s/Duigan mouthing off.

Many positives for the Blues, but our composure and clinical finishing are not amongst them.

Our contested work, effort, tackling, clearances, and run were all pretty damn good. As good if not better than the undefeated top of the table side that's way more experienced than us.

Good try, Blues! :thumbsu:

Now to smash the soft part of our draw, starting with the Dees.

next week - operation deestroy!

i'm expecting a big win against Melbourne, they have plenty of handy mid sized forwards that have troubled us recently...hopefully we don't have to slug out another game.

Army had a terrible game, stats not flattering.

Hoops could possibly snatch his position next week, doubtful though...Lucas a chance too

My mate said he seen him today limping while he was walking, so maybe not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Match Discussion Carlton v Geelong Round 9 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back