Match Discussion Carlton v Geelong Round 9 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

We seriously need to find another small defender with Armfield and Joseph no longer up to stopping small forwards.

Varcoe's and Stokes' five goals were enough to get them the points.

Yarran shouldn't have to defend these players.

A shame we can't promote Tuohy.

I disagree, I think we need another TALL defender. That way, Laidler or Duigan can concentrate on the likes of Varcoe and Stokes.

It was a great effort by the guys tonite. I thought that the cats were set to run away with the game a few times, but we just kept coming back at 'em. This is by far the most pleasing aspect of our season so far.

But for some shots that could have been (Waite's shot that was touched on the line, Walker's poster) and a couple of vital umpiring decisions (the 50 to Bartel against Brock for stepping over the mark - that wasn't paid again for the whole night. The "advantage" that shouldn't have been - all players but one having stopped with the whistle. The "failure to dispose after taking it out of the ruck" - that caused Duigs to get angry and resulted in a free kick 30 metres out) we would have come away as happy as the saints game.

We took it up to the ladder leaders when we are missing at least 4 vital elements of our structure and at a ground that doesn't suit us ... so we have many more reasons to be happy than we have to be upset at that result.

I think the fact that we had so many good players, and not just the usual suspects, can make me smile tonight. That and the fact that Kreuze will be playing.

I'll curse at Robbie because let's be honest he should of kicked that. But still think he's been playing well, and with Kreuzer coming in, he's going to have more of a chance to excel.

Walker played well, as did garlett , but they should have scored.

**** - how good was waite.

Wow., wowo,wowwowowoowowowow wo owwo wow,

Hey Audas, you on the sauce again tonight?

thought you said that you were going to stop drunk posting years back :p

We should have won this one tonight... a couple of soft goals to the pussies. It's a pity that the umpire with the thin skin wasnt the guy who called Knockers free kick. Some of their defenders were quite possibly being quite abusive in their language. Would have helped Knockers having to kick from right in front on the goal line :p

But things are looking good for the club. The only games we have lost so far, have been to the top 2 on the ladder.

We have a soft run coming up over the next 6 weeks... so lets really nail down 3rd during that period.

For me, the game is all positive.

There is no doubting that Geelong is a very good side. It wasn't the best week to play against Geelong and the game against Geelong was a big test for us.

We're the real deal this year and we're going to cause many sides a few problems.

Hopefully, as the season progresses, Ratts will put the doubts thay many 'supporters' have to rest. We lost the game, but I'm very happy with the perfomance.

GO THE BLUE BOYS!!!

Would have helped Knockers having to kick from right in front on the goal line

Thing is, 206 has a beautiful slipper on him.

He'd be living it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and .... you get the drift.

He stuffed it up for us big blokes.

It's so refreshing after all the crap from the Collingwood fans last week, to visit this Carlton board. Just wanted to commend you Carlton supporters, on this thread, what great sportsmanship you all have.
Gosh, it was a such a tough game - still trying to regulate my blood pressure.
Thanks for such a thrilling game and best of luck for the rest of the season.
Cheers.

Oh, and for those who think our forward structures/entries are lacking ... the Geelong defence has not conceded 100 points in any other game this year. In fact, they've only conceded more than 80 points once and the Hawks had to kick an unusually accurate 15.8 to achieve that!

Except only for the final result, every aspect of this game was positive for the Blues.

He'd be living it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and .... you get the drift.

I just hope that 206 doesnt dwell too much over it and that the club doesnt let him dwell over it too much.

He is going to be hurting... pretty much the same as Simmo was with the OOB against the bummers that let them draw the match.

and to whoever it was who asked why didnt he do the team thing... I dont think that Knockers was going for glory, I reckon that he thought he was ok and went back for the kick.

No loss is a good loss, but there are so many positives coming out of this match, you just have to be happy.

We seriously need to find another small defender with Armfield and Joseph no longer up to stopping small forwards.

Varcoe's and Stokes' five goals were enough to get them the points.

Yarran shouldn't have to defend these players.

A shame we can't promote Tuohy.

I don't think we can blame the small defenders for Varcoe's - however many he kicked in the third, were on Brock

I thought our biggest problem tonight esp in the 2nd when we let them back into it - was that we started to just bang it in again. Only watching on TV but they gave us a lot of subjective shots for our defenders and there was no movement for them to kick to - far too often in the 2nd. It has got me beat how a team with the running power of Jeffy, Yarran, Eddie, Murph, Juddy, Army, Simmo, Gibbsy, Walks - should ever have nothing to kick to :confused:

But it goes without saying it was a fair effort tonight :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kruezer and Bower will make a huge difference! It is becoming more evident as the weeks roll by. They will just complete us as a unit.

Bring back an inform Hendo, Houlihan and Curnow and we are smashing it.

Some of you guys are sounding pretty offended. You lost get over it!
I'm ashamed of you Th3 Mad Catter - how about a little humility and graciousness in victory - the Blues put up a hell of an effort and we won by the skin of our teeth. It was an enthralling game and Carlton are strong and worthy opponents who deserve respect.

Hey Audas, you on the sauce again tonight?

thought you said that you were going to stop drunk posting years back :p

We should have won this one tonight... a couple of soft goals to the pussies. It's a pity that the umpire with the thin skin wasnt the guy who called Knockers free kick. Some of their defenders were quite possibly being quite abusive in their language. Would have helped Knockers having to kick from right in front on the goal line :p

But things are looking good for the club. The only games we have lost so far, have been to the top 2 on the ladder.

We have a soft run coming up over the next 6 weeks... so lets really nail down 3rd during that period.

Dear Doc
lover your clarety,....
;)

who is Knockers....

But only for you,

yes we should have won tonight.

we were better, we were faster, more agile, more talented, more agressive, more capable, more footy.

we lost purely on green t shirt.s

However, so , so many of our best simply did not stand up (yarran, garlett, betts, walker - on a night when they should have) , while players like simo, carazoo, murph, Gibbs saved our arse.

It shits me - SHITS me that our CORE players have to keep us in the game...it is exCTLY what makes us a second rate team.

If our send, third, fourth level players take hollidays once a month we will never, ever win a flag, and that is my total problem with eddie, .....****en holidays cost us a position at the top of the table, and flag,

**** NO PASSENGERS, ,,,,,NO ****EN HOLIDAYS>

It's taken the best part of a decade but IMHO we are now officially competitive at the top level again. Very happy, as can be deduced from the smiley emoticon I now position here - :).

I will raise ya

24gn1q0wi1.gif

It's so refreshing after all the crap from the Collingwood fans last week, to visit this Carlton board. Just wanted to commend you Carlton supporters, on this thread, what great sportsmanship you all have.
Cheers.

Thanks KA, appreciate the kind words. Congrats an your win tonight, was a bloody good game.

Sort of.

I keep hearing this. Just because he is a left footer, and can kick it long, doesn't mean he is a good kick. At the moment he is a shit kick, unless proven otherwise. (Note - i do think he is a good kick, however it hasn't been shown, and until it is shown, fact is, he isn't)

I keep hearing this. Just because he is a left footer, and can kick it long, doesn't mean he is a good kick. At the moment he is a shit kick, unless proven otherwise. (Note - i do think he is a good kick, however it hasn't been shown, and until it is shown, fact is, he isn't)

That's 12.01 Blue Room stuff.

Padawan.

The test comes now.

If we are a top 4 team we should be able to win the next 4 games with relative ease. If we drop even one game in that period, we are not legit contenders.

Cheers.

Cheers KA, have a lot of respect for your football club and I guess the fact that most of us are happy with our effort despite our loss speaks volumes of the Cats as a football club, good luck for the rest of the season

Btw, don't listen to the Pies fans, they are the most unintelligent bunch of nuffs nuffs you will come across and are poor losers

Remove this Banner Ad

Match Discussion Carlton v Geelong Round 9 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back