Roast Matt Hass is garbage and the Crows fitness is below AFL standard

Remove this Banner Ad

If the players turned up fit and not be lazy, they might have won a couple games. Blaming 1 person is the easy way out. The players and Nicks are partial blame why they are so unfit.

I would agree if this isn't history repeating itself with Hass. We are not the first team to end up in this situation with Hass playing a key role in fitness.

When it comes to fitness, the buck stops ultimately at the person in charge of fitness.

They are, but we've had a bunch of guys leave us after training in the Burton/Haas era and become better and fitter players.
I bet those have players setting high standards. It begs the question of the current leadership at the crows.

I would agree if this isn't history repeating itself with Hass. We are not the first team to end up in this situation with Hass playing a key role in fitness.

When it comes to fitness, the buck stops ultimately at the person in charge of fitness.
And the coach

Does not matter who the fitness guy is atm... The players need to be self driven to improve and work hard. Those cruising I would delist and trade ASAP.
That's mostly crap when it's Matt Haas and his crew that set the fitness and conditioning program.

The players are at the club up to 6 days a week according young Schoenberg so there is no excuse for lack of core fitness and conditioning, none at all.

I remember Eddie Betts saying after his 1st pre-season with us it was a lot harder than anything he'd experienced at Carlton...and then the hamstring brothers Brett Burton and his sidekick Matt Haas arrived on the scene for the 2015/16 pre-season training when Nick Poulos left to take up a position with Rugby 7's. All downhill since so much so the club had to employ Steve Saunders to fix up the "hamstring brothers" **** ups.

They are, but we've had a bunch of guys leave us after training in the Burton/Haas era and become better and fitter players.
We lost Matty Bode somewhere a long the line didn't we who was involved in our fitness and conditioning program.

I suspect he survived due to us cutting our GM, coach and senior assistant, and that we decided having someone in that role is ever so slightly better than no one. Especially due to how late the hires of GM, and coach was.

I would be very surprised if Hass was at Adelaide come 2021.

There's a chance that Burton was the sole problem and that out from under his shadow, Hass would prove competent. Didn't turn out that way, he must be part of this year's purge.

I bet those have players setting high standards. It begs the question of the current leadership at the crows.

Your desire to pin this on the players is truly bizarre. are you trying to apply for a job at the Crows with these sort of tactics?

We've seen the elite levels of fitness and discipline many of these exact same players were at prior to Burton and Hass. So I find it hard to believe they're to blame for the current issues.

There's a chance that Burton was the sole problem and that out from under his shadow, Hass would prove competent. Didn't turn out that way, he must be part of this year's purge.

I really wish there'd be a purge, but the fact is the club found its scapegoats and thinks it can hide behind that for at least a few years.

We won't see any significant changes initiated by the club until they are truly feeling the pressure again.

I really wish there'd be a purge, but the fact is the club found its scapegoats and thinks it can hide behind that for at least a few years.

We won't see any significant changes initiated by the club until they are truly feeling the pressure again.

0-10...

If you want pressure, a historically bad season will cause that.

I do agree though, if we were 3-7 or 4-6, we probably wouldn't see any change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0-10...

If you want pressure, a historically bad season will cause that.

I do agree though, if we were 3-7 or 4-6, we probably wouldn't see any change.

but they've got an excuse for that "we are in a rebuild"

they will keep saying that line even when team selection and list management decisions contradict it. They will figure it buys them at least a few more years. By then they'll be ready to throw the coach under the bus that will buy them a few more....

but they've got an excuse for that "we are in a rebuild"

they will keep saying that line even when team selection and list management decisions contradict it. They will figure it buys them at least a few more years. By then they'll be ready to throw the coach under the bus that will buy them a few more....

They really don't. After all, there is a >50-year-old record they could break this year.

Imagine how bad we'd be if games were still full length.

We'd be cooked at half time and get beaten by 100+ every week
I think Nicks knows this as well, there was a comment in his post game about turning it into a basketball game running up and down the court we'd get blown away. Say's to me he's sees the problem. Can he fix it?

Nearly everyone can see how unfit we are. And when the coach is saying it in his press conference, the club's hand is being forced. I'll give Nicks credit for that and also wedging Fagan on beefing up his coaching group. He's forcing the club's hand, something Pyke was too stupid or piss weak to do.

Nearly everyone can see how unfit we are. And when the coach is saying it in his press conference, the club's hand is being forced. I'll give Nicks credit for that and also wedging Fagan on beefing up his coaching group. He's forcing the club's hand, something Pyke was too stupid or piss weak to do.

I wish I shared your optimism.

I don't see enough outside pressure on the club to force change. We have no-where near the level of pressure that was on them before they announced the external review.

Even with all that pressure they still managed to deflect the review away from where the problem actually was. With how little outcry there is now they'll try and ride it out.

It was Nicks who did not want to beef up his coaching group this year. Fagan has said several times the club was prepared to appoint a senior assistant but Nicks did not want one. Now he states he needs assistance and trying to pass the blame on his shit coaching ability.

It was Nicks who did not want to beef up his coaching group this year. Fagan has said several times the club was prepared to appoint a senior assistant but Nicks did not want one. Now he states he needs assistance and trying to pass the blame on his sh*t coaching ability.

Nor do I blame him, we didn't hire Nicks until November.

He would have got saddled by some hack if he wanted it last year. After all, that's way too late to start looking to get anyone of quality.

It was Nicks who did not want to beef up his coaching group this year. Fagan has said several times the club was prepared to appoint a senior assistant but Nicks did not want one. Now he states he needs assistance and trying to pass the blame on his sh*t coaching ability.

Fagan is a liar and a fraud. At best, Nicks was asked a question by way of a statement. Nicks now wedging the fraud that is Fagan. It's sweet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Matt Hass is garbage and the Crows fitness is below AFL standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back